Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Can they take away your AR (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/can-they-take-away-your-ar-79265/)

KA5ROW 12-24-2012 03:19 AM

Can they take away your AR

When all this BS blows over and say the AR type weapons are not band, but are at a later date they are. Can they take them away from you, or once you have one it's yours no mater what new laws are enacted. Can they say you must turn it in and we will give you $25 for it, but if we catch you with it after a specific date you go to jail.

I not really a gun person. I just have a 7 MM mag and a Winchester 223 bolt action.

Flat Tire 12-24-2012 03:26 AM

I think they could but I think they will just ban future sales of pistol grip rifles, mag capacities, gunshow loop holes, and more back round checks

KG7IL 12-24-2012 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KA5ROW (Post 1063904)
When all this BS blows over and say the AR type weapons are not band, but are at a later date they are. Can they take them away from you, or once you have one it's yours no mater what new laws are enacted. Can they say you must turn it in and we will give you $25 for it, but if we catch you with it after a specific date you go to jail.

I not really a gun person. I just have a 7 MM mag and a Winchester 223 bolt action.

Taking them away would happen in a less obvious way.
Reclassify them and demand a $200 tax stamp.
Restrict them to LE and Military, making it illegal for you to own one.
Your guns would most likely WOULD NOT be affected, .. .. .. this time.

But clearly, these politicians fear any guns in citizens hands.

KG7IL 12-24-2012 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flat Tire (Post 1063912)
I think they could but I think they will just ban future sales of pistol grip rifles, mag capacities, gunshow loop holes, and more back round checks

Your optimism amazes me. Do you think it would stop here ^^^^^^ ?

Flat Tire 12-24-2012 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KG7IL (Post 1063917)
Your optimism amazes me. Do you think it would stop here ^^^^^^ ?

I think they are gunna take some steps.

Jpyle 12-24-2012 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KA5ROW (Post 1063904)

They can try anything they want...some will comply, some will die in opposition...most will simply ignore the laws and watch the system collapse. No practical way they can track down and confiscate millions of "outlawed" rifles. Strip them down to parts and bury the lower...its the only part they can conceivably prove you once purchased. Want to guess how many "off the books" lower receivers exist today...how many will exist after a ban?

JSStryker 12-24-2012 04:29 AM

They could try but somehow I think that plan would end up badly for the confiscators!

robocop10mm 12-24-2012 11:51 AM

Of course they can try, but that would end badly for us all. Instead of fretting over what MAY be, contact your elected representatives and let your voice be heard.