Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Can this happen

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2012, 09:28 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas,Georgia
Posts: 127
Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 65

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
You would probably be surprised. What AZL said earlier is pretty spot on and he has been pretty spot on across the board here.
I agree with this.


__________________

Bob

GeorgiaCarry.Org (GCO)

etbob9 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:02 AM   #22
AZL
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 298
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason609 View Post
First, just because you're a macho hotshot doesn't give you the right to call someone a vag.

Second, this isn't about compliance issues. You never stop a CCW holder to find out later that it was revoked or suspended?

Third, on your best day you couldn't read me.
Blah blah blah monkey talk.

Neg-O-Tive on the macho hotshot. I am just an old fart who GOT TO BE an old fart by being able to read everyone I ever came into contact with like the sunday comics. The mere fact that someone HAS a ccw (in Arizona at least) is something we call a "clue" about their character. Most of us call them "card carrying good guys" because they have jumped through all the hoops neccessary to get the permit and are far far far far far less likely to be a problem than the next guy. The statistics on revoked or suspended ccw's in AZ is so low as to be almost non-existent.

If you add experience and knowing how to BE a cop as opposed to a vag with a badge....you also know that the guy with a ccw who you make contact with over say...a traffic stop...and he informs you immediately that he is carrying has NOTHING to hide. There is also body language, visual/optical cues showing deception (i.e where the eyes go while talking to see if the subject is "retreiving info or inventing info", breathing, etc...). All about experience. Truth is...after I was a grown up cop and knew my ass from a hole in the ground, I never had a lick of trouble that I didn't see coming a mile away.

So..getting back to your pal....we can assume one of two things...either he was doing SOMETHING to prick the officer's spidey senses OR the officer was a vag with a badge. Either way...meh.

I still stand by my assessment that the guy with a ccw is the LAST guy you need to worry about or disarm in a non code contact, and if you DO go around disarming everyone with a ccw with whom you come into contact with as an officer then you are a vag. You don't know how to read people. You haven't developed the instincts you need to be an effective officer.

In fact...in most situations the guys and gaks who work with you consider you a liability rather than an asset in any situation more complicated than directing traffic or manning a barricade at a DUI checkpoint. Officers like that wind up in traffic division or sitting at a desk. Overall...useless as hen**** on a pump handle.

And yes...I could read you like a book. I already have the first chapter going. See...any cop worth his or her salt is an extremely good "interpreter of human behavior and almost psychic in their abilities to detect bull****". BUT....the reverse is also true...vag with a badge can't read a person at a kindergarten level.

AND...along with a lack of confidence in their own abilities and inadequacies as an officer...they overcompensate with tough guy attitude and have a lot on non-le friends because thay can impress non-le with their bull****, where other cops just roll our eyes and tune them out.

Meh...........


__________________
I am fluent in three languages: English, Sarcasm, and Sexual Innuendo.

Surprize me...hose out your mangina, quit whining and actually DO something.
AZL is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:16 AM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1
Default

In Texas, you are required when stopped by Law Enforcement to hand the Officer your drivers license and concealed carry license when you are carrying your weapon. I suggest in Texas that even when you are not carrying you should get into the habit of handing the Officer your concealed carry license. Also do not make any sudden moves and everything should be fine, it puts the Officer at ease when you follow these simple suggestions. Thanks, and be safe !

__________________
FubarTx is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:36 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mason609's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Quincy,MA
Posts: 1,301
Liked 564 Times on 331 Posts
Likes Given: 3201

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZL View Post
Blah blah blah monkey talk.

Neg-O-Tive on the macho hotshot. I am just an old fart who GOT TO BE an old fart by being able to read everyone I ever came into contact with like the sunday comics. The mere fact that someone HAS a ccw (in Arizona at least) is something we call a "clue" about their character. Most of us call them "card carrying good guys" because they have jumped through all the hoops neccessary to get the permit and are far far far far far less likely to be a problem than the next guy. The statistics on revoked or suspended ccw's in AZ is so low as to be almost non-existent.

If you add experience and knowing how to BE a cop as opposed to a vag with a badge....you also know that the guy with a ccw who you make contact with over say...a traffic stop...and he informs you immediately that he is carrying has NOTHING to hide. There is also body language, visual/optical cues showing deception (i.e where the eyes go while talking to see if the subject is "retreiving info or inventing info", breathing, etc...). All about experience. Truth is...after I was a grown up cop and knew my ass from a hole in the ground, I never had a lick of trouble that I didn't see coming a mile away.

So..getting back to your pal....we can assume one of two things...either he was doing SOMETHING to prick the officer's spidey senses OR the officer was a vag with a badge. Either way...meh.

I still stand by my assessment that the guy with a ccw is the LAST guy you need to worry about or disarm in a non code contact, and if you DO go around disarming everyone with a ccw with whom you come into contact with as an officer then you are a vag. You don't know how to read people. You haven't developed the instincts you need to be an effective officer.

In fact...in most situations the guys and gaks who work with you consider you a liability rather than an asset in any situation more complicated than directing traffic or manning a barricade at a DUI checkpoint. Officers like that wind up in traffic division or sitting at a desk. Overall...useless as hen**** on a pump handle.

And yes...I could read you like a book. I already have the first chapter going. See...any cop worth his or her salt is an extremely good "interpreter of human behavior and almost psychic in their abilities to detect bull****". BUT....the reverse is also true...vag with a badge can't read a person at a kindergarten level.

AND...along with a lack of confidence in their own abilities and inadequacies as an officer...they overcompensate with tough guy attitude and have a lot on non-le friends because thay can impress non-le with their bull****, where other cops just roll our eyes and tune them out.

Meh...........
Already have the first chapter going, yet you know nothing about ME. Quite the accomplishment via the internet.

Don't send it off as a rough draft just yet, as it will be kicked backed for massive errors.

And what I let people see is barely 1/100th of what they should see.

As far as Arizona goes, that's nice. This thread isn't about AZ. So, what the laws are there are meaningless in another state. But, being the cop you are, you should already know that, right? (though, I somewhat doubt that, otherwise you wouldn't have said half the crap you did... which is why I stand by the macho hot-shot comment).
__________________

Insert witty comment here......


Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere


Last edited by Mason609; 02-22-2012 at 05:39 AM.
Mason609 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:06 PM   #25
AZL
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 298
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason609 View Post
Already have the first chapter going, yet you know nothing about ME. Quite the accomplishment via the internet.

Don't send it off as a rough draft just yet, as it will be kicked backed for massive errors.

And what I let people see is barely 1/100th of what they should see.

As far as Arizona goes, that's nice. This thread isn't about AZ. So, what the laws are there are meaningless in another state. But, being the cop you are, you should already know that, right? (though, I somewhat doubt that, otherwise you wouldn't have said half the crap you did... which is why I stand by the macho hot-shot comment).
Wow...are you a ninja? Uh Oh. Wait for it......oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

People are people all over the country...legalities not withstanding. I haved met, and dealt with EVERY personality type on the planet. The only thing that is different is the face associated with the personality.

Any officer worth half a damn also knows this. On the other side of that...it will NEVER cease to amaze me how people still think they can successfully BS a cop. People go to jail because they talk themselves into a cell. People go to jail because they fail to close their cock holsters. AND...funny enough...YOU just swallowed the whole hook pal. I poked you just a little bit to get the BS response you laid out. 1/100th huh? LOL skippy...I went fishin' and caught a "largemouth". You'd be too easy.
__________________
I am fluent in three languages: English, Sarcasm, and Sexual Innuendo.

Surprize me...hose out your mangina, quit whining and actually DO something.
AZL is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:10 PM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
007BondJamesBond007's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Farmington Hills, Michigan,Michigan
Posts: 428
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimap123 View Post
I am new to the laws on conceal weapons but is this for real I was told by a friend he was pulled over for running stop light he told police he had a gun on him and were it was on his person and showed lic and Id he said he was asked to exit car and he took gun he cuffed him and sat him down on curb when he was done checking him out he took gin and placed it in trunk of my friends car and told him that's were it stays can they do this what are my rights if I get pulled over
Guns and Gin don't mix. The Gin should go in the trunk.
__________________

“There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period.” Ted Nugent

007BondJamesBond007 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:39 PM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Buckethead47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Lake county,Illinois
Posts: 519
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Disarming a civilian gives the cops peace of mind. I've always have my pocket knife on me. One time I ran over a curb in my truck taking a turn. I got pulled over and they asked me to step out of my truck. They saw my knife and asked me if they could hold onto it for the duration of the stop, then asked me if I had any other wepons. to me it does seem like one of the parties had an attitude. And it does seem like he shoved the ccw in the LEO's face kinda like he was bragging. That would make me uneasy and I'm not an officer. there is people out there that do give gun owners a bad name, and just because they can carry doesn't mean they have the brain capacity too. Me being civilian thinks a leo should be able to cuff a person under situations that involve wepons and firearms if they see fit. With that being said not all situations require that and some leos are a quote "vag with a badge" and treat the good people badly and then there are the people that police should be extra cautious with.

__________________

Remington 870 12 Ga. Supermag
Springfield XDS .45acp

Buckethead47 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:03 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas,Georgia
Posts: 127
Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 65

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckethead47 View Post
Disarming a civilian gives the cops peace of mind. I've always have my pocket knife on me. One time I ran over a curb in my truck taking a turn. I got pulled over and they asked me to step out of my truck. They saw my knife and asked me if they could hold onto it for the duration of the stop, then asked me if I had any other wepons. to me it does seem like one of the parties had an attitude. And it does seem like he shoved the ccw in the LEO's face kinda like he was bragging. That would make me uneasy and I'm not an officer. there is people out there that do give gun owners a bad name, and just because they can carry doesn't mean they have the brain capacity too. Me being civilian thinks a leo should be able to cuff a person under situations that involve wepons and firearms if they see fit. With that being said not all situations require that and some leos are a quote "vag with a badge" and treat the good people badly and then there are the people that police should be extra cautious with.
How did they see your "pocket knife"? Maybe there is some reason, after all,
that you are not allowed to carry guns! You, personally, are not setting a
good example as to what a lawful citizen with a CCW should be.

I honestly did not know what a "VAG" was. I Googled it and had to be very
persistent to find a definition that could even fit the situation. I'm almost 67
years old and keep hearing terminology that goes beyond my vocabulary!
That's because you young "--- ------" want to cut down the people you have
depended on, for so long, to prepare a free life in the future for YOU.

Get over YOURSELVES and try to THINK on your own. Life has a meaning
and your thoughts and words you express can make all the difference in the
world.

I, in no way, mean this to for the majority of the people in Illinois! I'm
with you guys all the way. We have many "--- ------" here in Georgia!

Due to the diligence of GeorgyCarry.Org, the Georgia Legislators and many
Liberty loving citizens, we have been able to establish, Second Amendment
guaranteed, God given gun owner's rights, unheard of just a few year ago.
I'm sure Illinois can do this too.

I'm sure I speak for all the gun owners in Georgia in wishing the best to all
the citizens of Illinois who wish to exercise their Second Amendment
guaranteed rights!

Carry On!
__________________

Bob

GeorgiaCarry.Org (GCO)


Last edited by etbob9; 02-22-2012 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Deleted "pea brains"
etbob9 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:02 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas,Georgia
Posts: 127
Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 65

Default

Mason609,

You're beginning to sound like your "Avatar".



__________________

Bob

GeorgiaCarry.Org (GCO)

etbob9 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
This could happen!! jpattersonnh The Club House 3 08-06-2011 10:22 PM
Don't Let This Happen Here clip11 Legal and Activism 27 07-28-2011 10:45 PM
How the EFF did this happen? user4 Politics, Religion and Controversy 12 10-09-2010 09:19 PM
Total disarmament can only happen if the people let it happen. opaww Legal and Activism 1 06-06-2010 03:32 PM
That could never happen here. pioneer461 Politics, Religion and Controversy 1 11-23-2007 12:45 AM