Calling all NRA brothers and sisters - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Calling all NRA brothers and sisters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 01:44 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 144 Times on 73 Posts
Likes Given: 12

well not to carry the example to the ridiculous, I think if I have the cash to buy a A10 Warthog, who's business is it to tell me no?

Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

That one liner says it all. I don't need it dissected buy a team of lawyers and politicians who publish a 4000 page report. You either "believe" in the 2nd amendment or you don't. There is NO middle ground. If I restrict your access to "arms", I in turn restrict my access to "arms"

Once you allow politicians to restrict certain weapons or "arms" you have allowed said politicians to grant a "privilege". Once granted by them, can also be taken away or expanded upon by them.

I don't want a Warthog. I have never wanted a AR type rifle. AK's and SKS are junk.

Last edited by Dan308; 12-23-2012 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Last statement best left for another thread

Old 12-23-2012, 04:19 AM   #52
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan308 View Post
well not to carry the example to the ridiculous, I think if I have the cash to buy a A10 Warthog, who's business is it to tell me no?

Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

That one liner says it all. I don't need it dissected buy a team of lawyers and politicians who publish a 4000 page report. You either "believe" in the 2nd amendment or you don't. There is NO middle ground. If I restrict your access to "arms", I in turn restrict my access to "arms"

Once you allow politicians to restrict certain weapons or "arms" you have allowed said politicians to grant a "privilege". Once granted by them, can also be taken away or expanded upon by them.

I don't want a Warthog. I have never wanted a AR type rifle. AK's and SKS are junk.
Just to clarify, are you advocating for fewer controls? Your last sentence clouds what you are saying a bit. Just because you have no desire or need for something does not mean that you should be ambivalent about it.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:56 AM   #53

Liked 144 Times on 73 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Just to clarify, are you advocating for fewer controls? Your last sentence clouds what you are saying a bit. Just because you have no desire or need for something does not mean that you should be ambivalent about it.
My stance is not clouded at least in my mind. "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed" If you want one buy it. I have no problem with it. If you can afford and feel you need a M1A1 Abrams tank, buy that. As long as you don't shoot at my house with it, I don't care.

And another thing while I'm typing, I think "bear arms" also includes knives, baseball bats, toenail clippers, fountain pens, or anything else I can get my hands on.

Last edited by Dan308; 12-23-2012 at 05:02 AM.
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 12-23-2012, 04:59 AM   #54

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

I'm in favor of some reasonable F*** offs to Bloomberg.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:23 PM   #55

Liked 20 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanBaccha

Anytime the lil' billionaire megalomaniac opens its mouth, it's either to eat or lie. Nothing more. 'Nuff said?
Pukeburg can take his money and go live in north korea the anti-amrican piece of scum.

Old 12-24-2012, 12:39 PM   #56

Liked 35 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 17

I am a Life member and in favor of Security in schools. I believe there are so many guns and hi cap mags out there that you cannot get them all back. Personally I shoot mostly Ruger No.1 single shots so I would not be affected by a ban which I oppose.
Wayne did a great representing the NRA on Meet the Press and the POS greggory

Old 12-24-2012, 12:46 PM   #57

Liked 515 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 952

Like they always say about politicians. How can you tell when a politician is lying? When he opens his mouth. That fits him perfectly.

Member: NRA

The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed! Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 12-24-2012, 01:24 PM   #58

Liked 4795 Times on 2681 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The Dems of course are taking the old 1 bite at a time. They know damn well banning a long piece of sheet metal will not stop murder. They do not want armed guards in schools.
Damn in Post CW America robbing Stage Coaches was out of control. Did Wells Fargo ban guns on their Stages. No they added Shotgun Riders. It was a good thing that the Dems did not Ban 2 shot assault weapons.
The Liberals do not want to protect schools. They want to impose a Euro gun control that is all. In Pre War Germany the Nazis ask all caring gun owners to turn their guns in. They only wanted the arms stored until they could confiscate all the illegal arms. The German people turned their arms into the Nazis. The rest is history.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:53 PM   #59

Liked 147 Times on 99 Posts

Would just like to say ive been needing to do it for awhile now, but I just called and joined, and the woman I spoke with let me sign up for a year for 25$ so that was cool.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:54 PM   #60

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle

I say that before we subject honest citizens to an extensive background check to purchase a firearm we require that all voters show proof of residence and candidates for President produce their birth certificate.
Why not make it where If your household doesn't pay taxes you don't have the right to vote. Same thing as our forefathers fought for" Taxation without representation" the entitled nation has made it where our representation means nothing and wouldn't someone vote in somebody that will raise taxes when you do not have to pay taxes, more taxes, more freebies
RJMercer Likes This