Calling all NRA brothers and sisters - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Calling all NRA brothers and sisters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2012, 08:10 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker
Bloomberg had the reporter Ms McFadden ABC News searched and run thru a metal detector before she could interview him. She said there armed men around his office and that he had 26 armed body guards 24/7. Bloomberg was asked about the NRA proposal of putting one armed guard in each school to protect the students. He said no way armed guards would turn schools into prisons. He was elected by the citizens of NYC.
Is that surprising? Many of the most vocal anti-gunners either carry themselves, enjoy 24/7 taxpayer provided armed security or in the case of many Hollywood libs have made millions starring in movies full of gratuitous violence. I can deal with a person having a principled, intellectually honest opinion different from mine...hypocrites drive me crazy and I have no time for them.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

People Like This 
Old 12-22-2012, 09:12 PM   #42

Liked 489 Times on 296 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Words are now being spoken by anti gun politicians that they would never have said before. The Blaze posted today an audio of NY Gov Andrew Cuomo stating that the feds were moving too slow and that the state's restrictions on weapons are useless with too many holes like Swiss cheese and that he wanted the total ban of all military look-a-likes, including those that the former Gov Pataki had grandfathered in 2000, which included hi cap mags. He went on to say that he'd consider CONFISCATION with some sort of monetary compensation, but felt at the very least these weapons should all be registered, which could easily be confiscated at a later date. But it was OK that he owned a shotgun that could blow someone's head off with one shot.

NYC enacted registration of long guns around 1976, but after many years of patience eventually required those weapons that they didn't like to be either sold to a dealer and a receipt must be obtained as proof, or individuals had to surrender those weapons to the city without compensation. Failure to abide by their instructions led to the loss of their license to possess any weapon in the city. Even the purchase of mail order ammunition is illegal in NYC. Registration leads to confiscation, end of story.

Last edited by gunsmoke11; 12-22-2012 at 09:14 PM.
People Like This 
Old 12-22-2012, 10:30 PM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake1 View Post
According to mayor Bloomberg 3/4 of NRA members are in favor of reasonable gun control regulations. I am curios what those 3/4 of the members have to say. I for one think that is not an accurate percentage but lets find out. What is your take on this?
Anytime the lil' billionaire megalomaniac opens its mouth, it's either to eat or lie. Nothing more. 'Nuff said?
Old 12-23-2012, 12:16 AM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1226 Times on 600 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Well this unscientific poll seems not to validate Mr. Bloomberg's claim...what a surprise. I believe Mr. Bloomberg should put down, and back away from the crack pipe!

Someone said a more thorough backround check. Please suggest in what way? The check now confirms you don't have a felony conviction, that you are a citizen, what else could they check for? I mean you could make it like a backround check for a pass onto a nucleor power plant, but that takes a long time, and is quite expensive. In fact that expense would probably keep most of us from having CCWs. We are pretty regulated now, and I don't know how more would help.

I saw something elsewere that said we have made marijuana, cocain, heroin and meth illegal, and you see how well those laws keep that off the street.

Old 12-23-2012, 12:44 AM   #45

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

In my nitestalker Poll I found that 3/4 of all liberal Democrats were unable to make a decision on anything. My Polls show that Liberals lack a thinking process most likely a DNA thing. In order to guide them the DNC invented NPR,MSNBC and CNN.

Yes we have Democrats and I know who they are.

shadow.jpg  
Old 12-23-2012, 12:56 AM   #46

Liked 4782 Times on 2313 Posts
Likes Given: 1473

No compromise, no deals, no backing down. Our membership All need to make sure the NRA understands this.

...and that our Senators and House Members also understand this.

I full expect no action from congress resulting in an uncontitution Executive Order. Before it's ever signed...it's up to us to let State and Federal LEO's know that will be ignoring anything Obama signs.

They would be wise to ignore it as well.

Tack

Old 12-23-2012, 01:04 AM   #47
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 398 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 595

I'm an NRA member and I support reasonable restrictions on firearm sales and ownership. Much to Bloomy's dismay and disconcern we would have to go back to before the 1934 Miller decision to get back to anything close to what could resemble reasonable restrictions. What we have now is a right that we have allowed to be abrogated and whittled at until it is a privilege that they let us exercise at their discretion. We have to pay through the nose for a pale reflection of what our founders intended and they are using every tragedy they can to make that reflection paler.
They tell us that no civilian should own a weapon of war. I agree. I don't want an A10 Warthog. I can't fly one and I don't think I need that kind of destructive capability nor do I think I need any kind of machinery that can take one out of the sky. A handheld or shoulder fired weapon regardless of rate of fire, cosmetics, mechanical function is an arm. It was clearly as plain as day stated 235 years ago that I have the right to keep and bear arms. It didn't say a word about naval ordnance, heavy artillery, airborne equipment, armored equipment. Just arms. Doesn't seem like rocket surgery to me. I don't have the higher thought process of the enlightened liberals to understand the plain english in the constitution I guess.

Hey..... what's the red button do?

People Like This 
Old 12-23-2012, 01:15 AM   #48

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoust_Nat View Post
Well this unscientific poll seems not to validate Mr. Bloomberg's claim...what a surprise. I believe Mr. Bloomberg should put down, and back away from the crack pipe!

Someone said a more thorough backround check. Please suggest in what way? The check now confirms you don't have a felony conviction, that you are a citizen, what else could they check for? I mean you could make it like a backround check for a pass onto a nucleor power plant, but that takes a long time, and is quite expensive. In fact that expense would probably keep most of us from having CCWs. We are pretty regulated now, and I don't know how more would help.

I saw something elsewere that said we have made marijuana, cocain, heroin and meth illegal, and you see how well those laws keep that off the street.
I say that before we subject honest citizens to an extensive background check to purchase a firearm we require that all voters show proof of residence and candidates for President produce their birth certificate.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

People Like This 
Old 12-23-2012, 01:17 AM   #49
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2127 Times on 1154 Posts
Likes Given: 769

Hmmm... I'd say Bloomberg is once again full of shaving cream.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 12-23-2012, 01:36 AM   #50

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Why do we need any type of gun control? Was gun crimes worse before there were gun laws? The laws addressed crimes of murder robbery etc. Why does it really matter what tool was used to complete the crime? The worst school yard mass murder in 1927 the perp used dynamite and home made shrapnel . The first gun laws were used to control certain classes of people. The Middle Class is under attack do you feel the pressure?