Calling all NRA brothers and sisters - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Calling all NRA brothers and sisters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2012, 07:10 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I think every law abiding citizen that owns a gun should assemble in Washington in front of the White House, and chant Leave Our Guns Alone !!!!! Because sitting back doing nothing will get us nothing, except a BS Law,

Old 12-22-2012, 08:49 AM   #32

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31BIGGUNS View Post
I think every law abiding citizen that owns a gun should assemble in Washington in front of the White House, and chant Leave Our Guns Alone !!!!! Because sitting back doing nothing will get us nothing, except a BS Law,
I like this idea but if we all did that all of DC would be overrun.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 12-22-2012, 09:04 AM   #33

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

It would be hard not kicking all the liberal ass that got in our face!

Old 12-22-2012, 10:39 AM   #34
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9543 Times on 4105 Posts
Likes Given: 1499

Let's see- REASONABLE restrictions, OK- how about......

You must be an ADULT citizen or lawful resident to buy a gun (adults are 18)

Firearms are not permitted in certain places- explosive storage magazines, natural gas pumping stations, jails or psychiatric hospitals.

Guns that are sent thru the US Mail must be unloaded.

Persons convicted of a crime of violence will have their gun rights SUSPENDED for a period of time equal to their prison "time-served"

Persons adjudged a danger to themselves or other due to mental illness will have their gun rights SUSPENDED until such time as a panel of physicians finds they are no longer mentally ill.

Mayor Bloomberg will be required to walk thru New York City once a week in areas showing the highest number of crimes that week- without his bodyguards.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 12-22-2012, 11:28 AM   #35
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Let's see- REASONABLE restrictions, OK- how about......

You must be an ADULT citizen or lawful resident to buy a gun (adults are 18)

Firearms are not permitted in certain places- explosive storage magazines, natural gas pumping stations, jails or psychiatric hospitals.

Guns that are sent thru the US Mail must be unloaded.

Persons convicted of a crime of violence will have their gun rights SUSPENDED for a period of time equal to their prison "time-served"

Persons adjudged a danger to themselves or other due to mental illness will have their gun rights SUSPENDED until such time as a panel of physicians finds they are no longer mentally ill.

Mayor Bloomberg will be required to walk thru New York City once a week in areas showing the highest number of crimes that week- without his bodyguards.
yes C3, those are reasonable and i agree. the restrictions you quoted are just common sense and those just seem to elude those liberal gun haters and politicians.

there are certain people who should never own firearms, ever. but i think part of our system and society has failed and gun owning LAC's end being judged and punished by the actions of a few deranged idiots who commit a crime with a firearm. some of these liberals blame gun owners and those who belong to the NRA for the actions of the demented individual who commited the horrific CT school shooting , as if we are just like him, because we own firearms because we have that right.

my father had a saying he told me many years ago when we were discussing gun control, that they make new gun control laws because the current ones are ineffective and they can't enforce them upon the criminals in the first place, so they make more new ones, so they will have some more that are ineffective and just penalize those who abide by the law in the first place.

Old 12-22-2012, 02:29 PM   #36

Liked 4538 Times on 2261 Posts
Likes Given: 1024

I don't agree to the 'crime of violence' thing...

I think it's too iffy. Like the crisp 'domestic abuse thing'.

I have a friend who can't buy a gun because he pushed his wife in an argument after SHE hit him. Guess who got the domestic assault charge?

Now they've worked things out years ago, and they're still HAPPILY married... Their kids are around 8, and he can't own a gun to defend them.

Arbitrary enforcement of the law is the mark of tyranny. Citizens will always fight against it.

Old 12-22-2012, 06:56 PM   #37

Liked 20 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainskytop
Bloomberg is ridiculous and a long time antigun advocate. I am NRA and proud of it too! Bloomberg, along with the other anti-gunners can go to Hades as far as I am concerned!
Amen brother!!!!!!!

Old 12-22-2012, 08:28 PM   #38

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Bloomberg had the reporter Ms McFadden ABC News searched and run thru a metal detector before she could interview him. She said there armed men around his office and that he had 26 armed body guards 24/7. Bloomberg was asked about the NRA proposal of putting one armed guard in each school to protect the students. He said no way armed guards would turn schools into prisons. He was elected by the citizens of NYC.

Old 12-22-2012, 08:45 PM   #39

Liked 4538 Times on 2261 Posts
Likes Given: 1024

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker
Bloomberg had the reporter Ms McFadden ABC News searched and run thru a metal detector before she could interview him. She said there armed men around his office and that he had 26 armed body guards 24/7. Bloomberg was asked about the NRA proposal of putting one armed guard in each school to protect the students. He said no way armed guards would turn schools into prisons. He was elected by the citizens of NYC.
You see there is a logic to it...
He wants school massacres. The more children dead, the closer he can get to confiscating guns.

Arbitrary enforcement of the law is the mark of tyranny. Citizens will always fight against it.

jeepejeep Likes This 
Old 12-22-2012, 09:06 PM   #40

Liked 46 Times on 30 Posts

I'm an NRA member also and I am in the 1/4. The only and I mean only thing they could ever beef up that would help just a tad would be stronger background checks. Nothing else! A ban on any firearms will never change a thing. I don't know why they keep going that way. Like Wayne said. " the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun". Isn't that why we have our police and military. Then where are they at when kids shoot up schools! Nowhere to be found. They just come to clean up the mess! The American people are the ones witnessing it firsthand and will be quicker to be the heroes like the so called law enforcement should be.

spit hell fire

jeepejeep Likes This