Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Call for Boycot by Second Amendment Group (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/call-boycot-second-amendment-group-82973/)

Sniper03 01-31-2013 01:59 PM

Call for Boycot by Second Amendment Group

In my opinion we should all Boycott CNN News Programs. And others who are the enemies of the Second Amendment and our Freedom! While one of the father's of Sandy Hook was speaking at a hearing CNN played the tape and advised that Second Amendment advocates in the room were hassling and heckling the father during his speech. This morning I saw the entire taping of the incident. CNN only played a short snippet of the entire event. Imagine that! They are no doubt the enemy to our Second Amendment Rights twisting, distorting and commenting to an facts that did not occur! So they can promote the administrations attack on our Second Amendment. The total recorded tape with out being altered or cut by CNN shows the father speaking. And God Bless him and his family in this time of sorrow and pain. But he spoke about in his view, there was no need for what some call an assault rifle and high capacity mags. That was his opinion and I am sure spurred by his loosing his child, hurt and anger. Certainly I in no way agree with his position. But the bottom line seeing the total tape, during his presentation he looked at the audience and commented, "if anyone here can tell me why we should allow these or has a different position, would they please respond". The first time he asked the question there were no comments in the audience. He looked immediately back at the audience and asked politely a second time. A couple of the folks in the audience who were not shouting, screaming or responding in any aggressive manner what so ever, responded to his question. Well CNN cut the part of the total response out and only reported a short snippet of the actual event. Which intentional was cut to sound like just voice noise as a couple of people responded at the same time. And then broadcast at every opportunity they had on their network During his speech "The Father of a Sandy Hook victim was harassed and heckled by a pro Second Amendment supporters during the speech!" Ladies and Gentleman, it is about time we took a strong stand against those who support attacking our Second Amendment. And distort the truth and violate ethics when presenting news to the American public for their own agenda. One way we can do that is by boycotting their news programs. No listener stats = Reduced Sponsors and Money! We can get in their pockets! Other news channels picked up on CNN's take and reported the same without any real facts! Some have retracted and apologized but CNN refuses to do anything about the out and out lie they disseminated. Also thanks to some on Twitter who responded to the manipulated news broadcast by CNN. Some on Twitter have reported the truth of the matter and the falsity reported by CNN. Not that I am a Twitter fan (My wife is) but that is also a check and balance to a news media that is also out of control. They can not silence Twitter and other media sources. Although this administration has presented legislation that would like to do so!
Do as you will! But those who do not stand for something, will stand for anything! And that is where we are today regarding protecting our Second Amendment and our Freedom! Some do nothing to protect our rights.
This FTF Forum is a great tool to protect our Second Amendment Rights and Freedom. Thanks to Notdku and all the Mods on the Forum and all who are protectors and supporters of our Constitution and Second Amendment Rights.

locutus 01-31-2013 02:03 PM

I haven't watched CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, or PMSNBC since Fox came on the air.

Fox isn't perfect by a long shot, but they come closer to being fair than any of the others.

dog2000tj 01-31-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locutus (Post 1117770)
I haven't watched CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, or PMSNBC since Fox came on the air.

Fox isn't perfect by a long shot, but they come closer to being fair than any of the others.

I don't remember when was the last time I watched a "news" broadcast ;) I'll find an article that interests me online than read up on it from half a dozen sources :cool:

Overkill0084 01-31-2013 03:00 PM

I hardly watch Network news of any sort these days. I flip through the local news in the morning and that's pretty much it.
I get most of my news from the interwebs.
CNN is undergoing a major bowel cleansing with the new head honcho's scorched earth renovation. Heads are already rolling. It'll be interesting to see what (if anything) comes of it. Sort of like watching a train wreck.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2270323/CNN-SIX-big-names-hired-fired-new-boss-Jeff-Zuckers-48-hours.html

robocop10mm 01-31-2013 03:08 PM

Rather than boycott them, watch and make note of the advertisers. Contact the advertisers and pressure them to stop giving money to the network. THAT will hit them where it hurts.

Axxe55 01-31-2013 03:18 PM

when did jounalism become such dirty word? there was a time when being jounalist was a proud and honorable profession and those who did it well were highly respected. IMO, it has become about ratings and being the first to report a story, even if they have to manipulate or lie about the facts.

why would it be so hard for the media and jounalists, to just report the facts and the truth, and let the public make their own determinations? i mean there was a time, when jounalists only reported the facts, who, what and where it happened. now they feel the need to put their own commentary or their opinions on the air. personally, i really don't care about the reporters opinions or thoughts. i just want to hear the facts and be able to draw my own conclusions.

chloeshooter 01-31-2013 03:42 PM

The news networks are all cream-puffs. Pigs in sh*t, happy that at last they have an iconic hero to worship and shove down our throats. They are happy to portray firearms enthusiasts as extremist-paranoid-delusional-types. The fact that anyone sits in front of a TV and gets pissed off about what CNN has to say tells me it's time to find something else to do. They are a lefty news-outlet, they don't care about our business so don't expect them to change. (CNN. Ted Turner. Jane Fonda. 'nuff said there)

Axxe55 01-31-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chloeshooter (Post 1117880)
The news networks are all cream-puffs. Pigs in sh*t, happy that at last they have an iconic hero to worship and shove down our throats. They are happy to portray firearms enthusiasts as extremist-paranoid-delusional-types. The fact that anyone sits in front of a TV and gets pissed off about what CNN has to say tells me it's time to find something else to do. They are a lefty news-outlet, they don't care about our business so don't expect them to change. (CNN. Ted Turner. Jane Fonda. 'nuff said there)

part of the reason i don't even watch the news anymore. too biased and bent. too quick to get a story on the air, to worry about small details like the truth and facts. most of the media has become nothing more than the whores of the politicians.

Bigcountry02 02-01-2013 11:45 PM

Add Hollywood to the list to Boycott! Not just stop going to the theater, even purchasing movies.

Another liberal hypocrite speaks:

Sylvester Stallone Supports Assault Weapon Ban

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/sylvester-stallone-supports-assault-weapon-ban-18380388

RJMercer 02-01-2013 11:52 PM

The LSM is already dying and there is no bringing it back. They have pushed themselves so far into the left fringe and discredited themselves to the point that both of their viewers are turning them off. I'll dance on their graves.