Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   California SB 249 do we turn in our AR 15? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/california-sb-249-do-we-turn-our-ar-15-a-67591/)

louieboots 07-04-2012 05:53 AM

California SB 249 do we turn in our AR 15?

So if this ridiculous law to add to the rest of California's ridiculous laws passes do we have to give up our rifles? I love my state but hate our Gun Laws!

vincent 07-04-2012 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louieboots (Post 858440)
So if this ridiculous law to add to the rest of California's ridiculous laws passes do we have to give up our rifles? I love my state but hate our Gun Laws!

The question within the question...I'll say....no, but that's just me...:cool:

dog2000tj 07-04-2012 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louieboots (Post 858440)

NEVER!!! :cool:

xcoreyyyx 07-04-2012 07:27 AM

You can always sell them for practically nothing to a fellow shooter like the ones of this site for example if you want to be cautious ;) Just a thought.

rmcmahanP345 07-04-2012 07:45 AM

Not only is the SB249 B.S. going on on the California state level, but also the UN Arms treaty is being met on this month which will not only be focused on disarming American citizens, but also drawing down a good percentage of our nuclear weapons and trusting Russia and other countries to do the same! Just another great idea from Obama!!

TekGreg 07-04-2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xcoreyyyx
You can always sell them for practically nothing to a fellow shooter like the ones of this site for example if you want to be cautious ;) Just a thought.

I don't think you'd have to sell them for nothing. I went through the first assault weapon ban in California and what they did is set a date by which all weapons in violation had to be sold outside the state or turned in to police. I sold mine to dealers, but many chose private sales to make more money.

List them here or on Armslist and you'll probably get some fair offers.

xcoreyyyx 07-04-2012 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TekGreg (Post 858544)
I don't think you'd have to sell them for nothing. I went through the first assault weapon ban in California and what they did is set a date by which all weapons in violation had to be sold outside the state or turned in to police. I sold mine to dealers, but many chose private sales to make more money.

List them here or on Armslist and you'll probably get some fair offers.

^^
Lol I was implying for them to sell to us. I don't live in Cali and never will haha.

Quentin 07-04-2012 01:58 PM

If it passes I would hope existing guns would be grandfathered in. Hopefully the bill will be struck down, especially in this heated election year. Call your senators and representatives now!

AgentTikki 07-04-2012 02:03 PM

.............. :mad:

AgentTikki 07-04-2012 02:17 PM

$q+%^&*%$+#_#$%^&. I've joined part of a campaign lead by the Calguns foundation months ago to try and nip this bill in the proverbial bud. I honestly don't know how much of a chance we have tho, as much of california is populated by tree hugging liberals. But we are trying our best. P