Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Is California really that bad?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2011, 02:24 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

The gun laws here are weird. But they are getting better, generally.

Want an AR15? Make sure it is a version that is NOT named specifically on the AW list, then install a bullet button or prince button mag release.

High/Full cap mags are fine to own and use as long as they were owned by you, inside the state, before the ban went into effect. But you can't use a mag over 10rds in an AR or it will turn it into a dreaded AW.

CCW goes by the county, so one county will issue one, and another won't. But they are good for the whole state. Weird.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 08-18-2011, 02:43 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

If I didn't have to live here, I would be gone yesterday.

Our gun rights are under continual assault. There are four new anti-gun bills in the State Senate as I write this.

The gun laws are more convoluted than Medusa's hairdo.

We are taxed and taxed and taxed some more.

Many of our State and Federal representatives act like royalty and are liberal/Left with capital L's. They don't even make a false attempt to appear fair and open minded.

The enviro-nazi's are also in control.

Thousands of acres of some of the most productive farmland in the world is fallow because a smelt is endangered, so the water has been diverted to protect the tiny fish. Thousands have been put out of work and farmers have lost their livelihood. There's much more eco-insanity, but you get the idea.

Inner cities are in the possession of the scum of the earth.

The cost of living is absurd. We pay more for everything.

It is a beautiful State and the topography is amazing. There are mountains and desert and ocean and lakes, forests and rivers and Giant Redwood trees.

There really are conservatives living here, but we are outnumbered and drowned out by the urban free lunch bunch and their handlers.

It's a constant battle to defend freedom and personal responsibility and I get very tired of it. But, since I must live here, I feel it's my duty to carry on the fight.

I wish you well if you move here. If you do, get politically active and surround yourself with like minded people.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-18-2011, 04:36 PM   #13

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

It is why I retired in Oregon. In retrospect, not the best State in the union to have retired to, but close to family and friends and much more gun friendly than California.

TekGreg...............

People get the government they deserve.

Old 08-18-2011, 06:10 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
CA has the least judgmental people in the states.
Depending on where you live, it has some of the best weather in the nation. Depending on what you do, it has some of the best career opportunities in the nation.

As a gun enthusiast you won't like certain parts of living in CA; but depending on your other interests you may find it fantastic overall. I lived there for 10 years and loved it. I'd go back in a heartbeat were it not for family matters that keep me elsewhere.

Old 08-18-2011, 06:29 PM   #15

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

I agree the list of banned weapons is horribly ignorant they have one gun that is legal but only in stainless but the same gun in a blued finish isn't. Me personally I would stay, east coast southern is way different then west coast southern (mostly east cost speaks english).

Old 08-18-2011, 08:26 PM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmiah View Post
I am moving to Cali soon (not gonna say when they might be watching) and I really wanna know is it really that bad? Before you get started with why would you want to do that and dont do it blah blah blah the mind is made I will be moving there and that is all there is to it.

Welcome the The Peoples Republic Of Kalifornia.
If you are Liberal, move to the Bay Area or to southern Cal.
More conservative : Northern Cal. will suit you better. And by Northern Cal., I mean north of Chico. We do not include the Bay area in out definition of North.

Old 08-18-2011, 09:17 PM   #17

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
If I didn't have to live here, I would be gone yesterday.

Our gun rights are under continual assault. There are four new anti-gun bills in the State Senate as I write this.

The gun laws are more convoluted than Medusa's hairdo.

We are taxed and taxed and taxed some more.

Many of our State and Federal representatives act like royalty and are liberal/Left with capital L's. They don't even make a false attempt to appear fair and open minded.

The enviro-nazi's are also in control.

Thousands of acres of some of the most productive farmland in the world is fallow because a smelt is endangered, so the water has been diverted to protect the tiny fish. Thousands have been put out of work and farmers have lost their livelihood. There's much more eco-insanity, but you get the idea.

Inner cities are in the possession of the scum of the earth.

The cost of living is absurd. We pay more for everything.

It is a beautiful State and the topography is amazing. There are mountains and desert and ocean and lakes, forests and rivers and Giant Redwood trees.

There really are conservatives living here, but we are outnumbered and drowned out by the urban free lunch bunch and their handlers.

It's a constant battle to defend freedom and personal responsibility and I get very tired of it. But, since I must live here, I feel it's my duty to carry on the fight.

I wish you well if you move here. If you do, get politically active and surround yourself with like minded people.
Another nail hit on the head CA. I was born and raised there until I was 28. I waited to long to buy a house and it became too expensive so I moved to the free state of Arizona and love it here. good luck on your California adventure.

Old 08-18-2011, 09:54 PM   #18

Cool Thanks for the honesty

Well conservative I am and due to circumstance I have to live in SoCal orange county to be precise I dont have a choice in the matter or I would live somewhere way more gun friendly. Thankyou everyone that has given me honest advice and their points of view they are greatly appreciated as well I will not be knwing anyone in when I get there with the exception of my wife kids and her family and well I already know we are somewhat like minded so hey anyone in cali wanna be my friend?

When the zombies come its me you should worry about not them. They dont have guns and ammo.

Old 08-18-2011, 11:18 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 137 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 149

If I wasn't stuck here for now I would be in VT, a free state.

http://militarysignatures.com/signat...ember14888.png
Retired LE, M.P., Sr. M.P. Investigator, armorer, F.B.I. Trained Rangemaster/Firearms Instructor , Presently Forensic Document Examiner for D.H.S.

Old 08-18-2011, 11:34 PM   #20

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts

Tekgreg it seem we traded places I came Cincinnati in
The navy in 75 and have not been able to leave married girl
From Fremont been there ever since people are ok the politics
Suck there are pockets of very strong conservatives but not
The bay area thanks for the perspective