Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > California gun laws (My personal story)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2011, 12:06 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default When I was attacked in California (My personal story)

I didn't know where to post this, but this is a personal story about me. It also proves that the strict Gun Laws in CA don't do anything.

I was about 18 when I was shot at in San Bernadino, CA. Me and my Girlfriend were driving through the projects. I had no idea what the heck the projects were at the time because I was from a small town in New Mexico.

When we passed through a four way stop a gang member had begun to open fire on us from behind. The first bullet zipped past my ear and punched a perfect hole in my windshield. The second one hit my brake light and the third one went through my GF's neck. The other two bullets failed to hit my truck at all. When I saw my girlfriend covered in blood, I slammed on the gas pedal and we sped out of there.

Later on, a Police Officer told me that we were fired at because my truck resembled another rival gang members truck.

Great, now my girlfriend is being rushed to emergency care because a violent moron mistaked me for someone else, just my luck.

I couldn't sleep for a week. It's a scary and horrible feeling to get shot at. 4th of July came and kids were popping fireworks outside. I stayed inside the whole day.

A year later, when I started going to school in Los Angeles. I had just moved into my dorm and it turned out my dorm roommate was a gangmember. He always wore red and would throw parties. One morning I awoke to see a mysterious individual passed out on our couch. I went into the kitchen for breakfast and found something hidden under an empty bag of cheetos. It was a loaded 9mm handgun with a high capacity magazine (it was a Taurus 24/7). I immediately switched dorm rooms, I didn't tell anyone why, because I feared for my life. They were members of the Bloods and I didn't want to be on their hit list or anything.

Any other person would have become anti-gun from all that happened, but I didn't. I grew up with guns, I respected them because my father had taught me to. I shot my first firearm when I was five and I took hunter safety when I was twelve. I knew that it was not the gun, but the person behind it. First thing I did when I returned home to New Mexico from college was purchase a handgun. Then I trained with my old friends who had become police officers and border patrol agents. I was determined to not become the victim. I knew that I had a responsibility to protect myself, my family and my friends in the future.

Don't rely on gun laws to save your life. Rely on yourself.

Last edited by indyfan; 01-18-2011 at 02:38 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-18-2011, 12:52 AM   #2

Liked 19 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Wow!! May I ask what happened to the girlfriend? I sure hope everything turned out OK.

What do I shoot with? Canon gear of course

Old 01-18-2011, 01:43 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5324 Times on 2779 Posts
Likes Given: 336

your story hits the root of it. gun control only controls guns in the hands of law abiding citizens.

the police dont protect anyone other than just by dumb luck stumbling across a crime in progress. police just count the bullet holes and pick up the bodies.

police are a reactionary force that respond to a crime that has already occured. their presence makes libs feel good and safe. my 5 years as a mp and it was always after the fact. it is up to each citizen to provide for their own defense.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-18-2011, 02:31 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesb View Post
Wow!! May I ask what happened to the girlfriend? I sure hope everything turned out OK.
She's fine, the bullet had traveled through her neck and missed her spine by a half inch. It took her longer to recover mentally from the incident, she was never the same person again.

thanks for asking

Old 01-18-2011, 04:05 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
your story hits the root of it. gun control only controls guns in the hands of law abiding citizens.

the police dont protect anyone other than just by dumb luck stumbling across a crime in progress. police just count the bullet holes and pick up the bodies.

police are a reactionary force that respond to a crime that has already occured. their presence makes libs feel good and safe. my 5 years as a mp and it was always after the fact. it is up to each citizen to provide for their own defense.
This is all to true. I guarentee the day that BG shows up at my place to rob it the cops wont be in tow. its really a false sence of safety. I really wish i could get my CCW while im stationed here but no such luck with that. I keep a loaded 1911 beside the bed for now.

"Which is heavier a soldiers pack or a slaves chains" Napoleon
"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."Thomas Jefferson
"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."
-- Rush Limbaugh, in a moment of unaccustomed profundity
"No combat-ready unit ever passed inspection, and no inspection-ready unit ever passed combat."

Old 01-19-2011, 02:25 PM   #6

Liked 83 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 25

I was born and raised in San Bernardino and there are areas there that I will not drive through, armed or not......
My dad, brother and myself were all LE there.

Jim.....