Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > California Gun Laws

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2013, 04:21 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default California Gun Laws

I am soon moving to California (darn) and I am in a conundrum. With the severity of the CA gun laws I'm not sure whether to sell my guns before I move, hide them under the horizon, or comply with the laws and register them (and subject them to confiscation). The other problem is none of my mags will comply with CA law. And with the new laws going through the legislature it appears nothing will comply with the law. Any suggestions other than "don't move to California?" I don't really have a choice in that.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-13-2013, 04:30 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Condolences on the loss of your freedoms. You might get more specific responses in the CA state subforum.

FWIW, I think 1911's are still mostly Kali Kosher.

Not recommending this, but I will never register my firearms, regardless of applicable laws.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

People Like This 
Old 09-13-2013, 04:35 PM   #3

Liked 663 Times on 366 Posts
Likes Given: 1374

Default Cali gun laws ????

Well friend... Move to North Carolina instead.
Seriously though... If you have trusted kin or friends where you are, leave the guns with them to take care of... at least until you can figure out the local laws and whether or not you can make them comply with the (*!&^%$@) laws there. Regardless of what you decide, the LAST thing I would suggest is admitting to ownership and registration..... It's a real pickle to be in and I feel for you.

Old 09-13-2013, 06:34 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

It might help if you listed your favorite firearms that you own. Maybe some of them could be modified to comply (smaller mags)?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

NC1760 Likes This 
Old 09-13-2013, 10:20 PM   #5

Liked 64 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Hears a good businesses to start. Rent a store front just over the california boarder fill it with gun safes. And rent space for California Residents to store their now ilegal guns out of state where their still legal

Old 09-13-2013, 10:29 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3721 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo
I am soon moving to California (darn) and I am in a conundrum. With the severity of the CA gun laws I'm not sure whether to sell my guns before I move, hide them under the horizon, or comply with the laws and register them (and subject them to confiscation). The other problem is none of my mags will comply with CA law. And with the new laws going through the legislature it appears nothing will comply with the law. Any suggestions other than "don't move to California?" I don't really have a choice in that.
If you use a magazine which is more than 10 rounds for defensive purposes you basically become an instant criminal. Same with unregistered weapons.

I'm not going to tell you to break the law. Buy a compliant magazine for each gun and register the one you will defend your home with. That's my advice.

Always have clean socks.

Old 09-14-2013, 12:30 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6098 Times on 3345 Posts
Likes Given: 11719

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello
Not recommending this, but I will never register my firearms, regardless of applicable laws.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey, he is obligated to do so." --Benjamin Franklin
Old 09-14-2013, 01:17 AM   #8
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey, he is obligated to do so." --Benjamin Franklin
Reminds me of another good quote for this.

"There are just laws and there are unjust laws. I would agree with St. Augustine that an unjust law is no law at all... One who breaks an unjust law must do it openly, lovingly...I submit that an individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and willingly accepts the penalty by staying in jail to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the very highest respect for law."

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. from Letters from a Birmingham Jail

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 09-14-2013, 01:53 AM   #9

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

If you have someone whom you trust enough you can keep them stored out of state. No law that says you can't own them, just that you can't posses them. Also check out calguns.net they have a lot of info about all the laws in this crappy state.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 09-14-2013, 02:00 AM   #10

Liked 4788 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

There are a number of place in Arizona that store guns for California residents. There are some in Yuma and Kingman. You will have to return to Arizona to shoot anyway.