Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > California Gun Confiscation Bill...!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2013, 04:06 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2350 Times on 1528 Posts

If an "assault weapon" bill passes on a federal level, there will be millions of felons for them to round up. I'm still waiting for the big earthquake...

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 04-24-2013, 12:07 PM   #12
Troll Scout
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 946 Times on 495 Posts
Likes Given: 504

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
This can NEVER happen in this country!!!
Yeah, we're just waiting for the, this is bullish!t comments.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:17 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
It ain't "illegal gun seizure". The state of CA has long had a policy of confiscating guns from newly convicted felons, those adjudicated as a threat to themselves and others and domestic violence offenders. They are way behind the power curve: Over 40,000 guns are in the hands of felons. This bill would allow them to catch up.
I have to wonder, why would a recently convicted felon not be in the custody of the state? I mean, didn't they confiscate any firearms the felon had when they admitted him/her to the hotel graybar? Or does this mean that All firearms at the home of a felon, though not necessarily in the direct possession of the felon, are being confiscated by the state?

So, let's say Poppadrinksalot gets his third DUI (or whichever takes it up to the felony level) conviction in court and is whisked off to the jail until time to transfer him to a prison. The felon would be separated from the firearms by fences and guards; why exactly would the firearms still need to be confiscated?

Alternatively, are they confiscating ALL firearms from the homes of newly RELEASED felons? What about the wife of Mr. newly released felon? Can't she have a private gunsafe to keep the felon off HER firearms? I could've sworn i'd seen that discussed as satisfactory many times.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:01 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 407 Times on 246 Posts
Likes Given: 131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger22lr View Post
They try this and it will not end well for anyone because they are asking for another Waco or Ruby Ridge.
Law enforcement won both of those. I am merely stating a fact, not a political opinion.

You don't have to remember the truth
NRA Member

Old 04-24-2013, 11:31 PM   #15
Troll Scout
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 946 Times on 495 Posts
Likes Given: 504

Ruby Ridge cost the govt a lot of $ and it, along with Waco cost them an unmeasurable amount trust which now is gaining exponentially.

I believe the settlements were around $1,000,000 give or take. Admission of guilt.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:48 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1603 Times on 952 Posts
Likes Given: 788

How many of these people 'labeled' as felons are truly dangerous??? So those of us who protest these violations of our rights just need to be labeled as felons by 'our' government and then they can 'legally' disarm us, right??
It won't be long and the government will come after your guns if you are convicted of DUI just as they now do for DV!
Where will it end? Study history and you will find the answer!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 04-25-2013, 06:07 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I have to wonder, why would a recently convicted felon not be in the custody of the state? I mean, didn't they confiscate any firearms the felon had when they admitted him/her to the hotel graybar? Or does this mean that All firearms at the home of a felon, though not necessarily in the direct possession of the felon, are being confiscated by the state?

So, let's say Poppadrinksalot gets his third DUI (or whichever takes it up to the felony level) conviction in court and is whisked off to the jail until time to transfer him to a prison. The felon would be separated from the firearms by fences and guards; why exactly would the firearms still need to be confiscated?

Alternatively, are they confiscating ALL firearms from the homes of newly RELEASED felons? What about the wife of Mr. newly released felon? Can't she have a private gunsafe to keep the felon off HER firearms? I could've sworn i'd seen that discussed as satisfactory many times.
I still don't understand how this is necessary.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 04-25-2013, 07:03 PM   #18

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Gun confiscation could not happen if the people refused to register their guns. But it is commiefornia where even the criminals register their firearms

Old 04-25-2013, 07:57 PM   #19
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1353 Times on 688 Posts
Likes Given: 1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
Gun confiscation could not happen if the people refused to register their guns. But it is commiefornia where even the criminals register their firearms

True. Enough of a majority there have managed to get a ton of repressive gun laws on the books. God knows what the fine print allows them to do. My advice: fight or GTFO.

Stay smart, stay motivated, stay dangerous

Old 04-26-2013, 12:36 AM   #20

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7point62

True. Enough of a majority there have managed to get a ton of repressive gun laws on the books. God knows what the fine print allows them to do. My advice: fight or GTFO.
We already have universal background checks and handgun registration. Gun owners are such a small minority here that I feel it's pointless to fight so I'm in the group of people trying to GTFO.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

opaww Likes This