Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   California - Anti-Gun Bills (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/california-anti-gun-bills-41996/)

Bigcountry02 05-02-2011 01:41 AM

California - Anti-Gun Bills

This is from NRA, as of May 1, 2011.

NRA-ILA :: California: Anti-Gun Bills to be Heard in the Senate and Assembly Appropriations Committee This Week

California: Anti-Gun Bills to be Heard in the Senate and Assembly Appropriations Committee This Week

Sunday, May 01, 2011

Please contact members of the Senate and House Appropriations Committees Today!

On May 2 and May 4, the Senate and Assembly Appropriations Committees will be hearing anti-gun bills that will have major implications for California gun owners and sportsmen if passed and enacted. Senate Bill 124 would ban virtually all handgun and rifle ammunition and cartridges. Assembly Bill 144 would ban open carry of firearms. Assembly Bill 809 would require long gun registration.

The Senate Appropriations Committee is expected to hear SB 124 this Monday, May 2 at 11:00 A.M. in Room 4203. Introduced by anti-gun extremist state Senator Kevin De León (D-22), SB 124 would create a broadly expanded and technically flawed definition of handgun ammunition which would encompass virtually all rifle cartridges. It would also ban the possession of many types of rifle cartridges and make it a felony to possess them. SB 124 doesn’t stop there, it could also ban virtually all non-lead ammunition used in California by reclassifying them as “armor piercing.” If enacted, this bill could result in a complete ban on hunting in the California condor zone where the use of lead ammunition is prohibited for hunting. This bill has enormous ramifications for California gun owners and sportsmen.

If this bill did not already make owning a firearm difficult, an amendment was added by the bill sponsor to further add more problems for gun owners. SB 124 would also require the registration of ammunition and the banning of mail-order ammunition.

The Assembly Appropriations Committee is expected to hear AB 144 and AB 809 this Wednesday, May 4. AB 144 is just another bill to further stifle law-abiding gun owners from exercising their right to keep and bear arms. Introduced by anti-gun Assemblyman Anthony Portantino (D-44), AB 144 would change the state’s gun laws and prohibit law-abiding citizens from carrying an unloaded handgun openly. It is currently legal to carry an unloaded handgun into most public places within the state, including restaurants and malls, but if approved, AB 144 would make it a misdemeanor to carry an unloaded handgun in public under most circumstances.

Introduced again by F-rated Assemblyman Mike Feuer (D-42), AB 809 would establish a state registration system, similar to the one currently in place for handguns, for all newly-acquired rifles and shotguns. Under AB 809, the make, model and serial number of the firearm as well as the identifying information of the purchaser would be recorded and kept on file by the California Attorney General’s office.

M14sRock 05-02-2011 02:54 AM

Yep, the battle we won a few months ago was just one step. They lost, and now are back. Worse than ever, too.

dunerunner 05-02-2011 02:56 AM

They've gotta go! They don't represent the folks, they are there to further the nanny state takeover!!

ironsights 05-02-2011 04:31 AM

Don't these clowns in Sacramento have more important business to do...like fighting crime, a budget out of wack, roads falling apart and getting themselves raises and gov't cars to drive..the crazies are running the nut house!!

masterPsmith 05-02-2011 01:59 PM

And sad to say, these bills will probably pass. The once great State of California is way past the point of no return and might as well be a separate Communist Country. California is controlled by the Communist Dems and run once again by the great fool, Jerry Brown. People just never learn.

Jim...................:(:(

oldshooter 05-03-2011 04:32 PM

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns."
I guess I will become an outlaw if this travesty passes.
Several years ago we passed a resolution to form the state of Jefferson. Maybe its time to revisit that idea.

MAGNUM44 05-04-2011 04:43 AM

California gun bill's

That state can thank the past Gov. " The Terminator " who started that whole thing just before leaving office, his gun view's are far from any of the character's that he portrayed in his movie's, what did people expect from him after all married to a Kennedy, & some wished that he were born in the USA so he could be qualified to run for the presidency of the USA, YEA RIGHT? :mad: " POLITICIANS NO LONGER TRUST ME WITH A GUN. THAT'S FAIR, I NO LONGER TRUST THEM WITH MY COUNTRY. " ( UNKNOWN ) :rolleyes: :eek:

yellowhand 05-04-2011 05:43 AM

Arizona is next door

We got rid of most of our anti gun laws and its a large state with a small population.
Move on over and bring your firearms.
Just leave the liberals behind in CA, we don't need them.:D

USMCVeteran 05-04-2011 01:13 PM

Draconian gun laws and high taxes is why I left Kalifornia, the feckless pinheads in Sacramento just don't get it. What is needed is politician control, not more gun control.

Bigrube 05-05-2011 12:06 AM

Arizona Bound

I said f**k California, so i moved my residency to ARIZONA the wild wild west my friends.