Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Calif AB144 to ban Open Carry - even unloaded if unlocked (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/calif-ab144-ban-open-carry-even-unloaded-if-unlocked-42613/)

mes227 05-17-2011 04:43 PM

Calif AB144 to ban Open Carry - even unloaded if unlocked

Rather than addressing their endless fiscal crisis, this is what the California legislature is proposing.

Assembly bans open carry of unloaded guns | TheUnion.com

AB144 would make it a misdemeanor to carry an exposed and unloaded gun in a public place, street or vehicle except in some unincorporated areas. It was approved 45-29 largely along party lines and moves to the Senate. This would include simply carry the gun from a store to your car if unlocked.

CA357 05-17-2011 04:47 PM

The Kalifornia Legislature is full of liberals and fools. Unfortunately, so is most of the State.

wmille01 05-17-2011 04:58 PM

eventually they will see the light, it only takes some mass event to happen in the state. Like the shooting that happened at the bank in cali now a good number of police officers have some sort of rifle in their car. The only way that you can get the message to some of these people is a giant event, the police can't always get there and personally I think that having people carrying guns around makes me feel safer. Sorry but I think that california is going to hell and it it's all political.

Gloves 05-18-2011 05:07 AM

This is so frustrating! I literally feel my freedom being sucked from
my soul, bleed not in drops but by the ounce.

Anthony Portantino is the man responsible for the legislation.
Currently Assemblymember of the 44th district of CA

Turns out he's running for Congressional Exploratory Committee.

It's plain to see that he chose this issue and will use our crushed
rights as a political stepping stone to further his own career.

This Wednesday: Portantino Campaign vs. David Dreier :: Facebook Event

People are able to post to this page by clicking "attending" or "maybe"...

So I clicked attending so I could get my post up there....
I wanted to post a story worth of feelings I have toward this guy and his
brilliant legislation, I had to keep it as short and sweet as possible. I
narrowed it down to these:

Portantino, You have crushed one of the primary rights US law-biding-citizens
have for personal and family protection to further your own career.

~ or ~

Portantino, I hope my families' freedom was worth the votes
you are trying to win. Now that you are done disarming law-biding-citizens,
I await your next bit of legislation to disarm the criminals.

I went with the latter... could have gone either way.

When I clicked 'not attending' after done posting there is an optional
RSVP field, I couldn't resist:
Too busy enjoying the rights I have left while I still have them. =(

Buddymack 05-18-2011 05:49 AM

What good are our rights when you have activist judges planted like seeds of tyrrany.

M14sRock 05-18-2011 06:06 AM

"The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed".

So, if they make open carry (bear) illegal, they must approve state wide concealed carry. Right?

gregs887 05-18-2011 06:12 PM

If they are going to ban UOC then California needs to become a Shall Issue state. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but aren't plenty of people denied permits on the argument that they can just UOC?

BethB 05-18-2011 09:48 PM

Not to mention that on Monday also a Federal judge in Sac ruled that we the people have no constitutional right to concealed carry.
I REALLY hate this crap.

BethB 05-18-2011 09:49 PM

Whoops. Forgot to add a brief newlink about both items: FEDERAL JUDGE RULES NO CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO CARRY A “CONCEALED” FIREARM | BREAKING NEWS | Sky Valley Chronicle Washington State News

ironsights 05-18-2011 09:59 PM

We, Californians are again only one crazy thing from happening, a riot, earthquake, where the need for a personal firearm will be needed to save ones' family and restore order. The judges carry guns, their story is to protect themselves from bad guys...HEY what about me, a working stiff do I get to protect my family....I know call 911 and wait while my wife is brutalized and my community is over ridden by non-legal citizens.

I want my SECOND AMENDMENT rights...