Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Calgary student reprimanded for stopping knife attack

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2013, 09:30 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Default Calgary student reprimanded for stopping knife attack

It seems that many teachers on both sides of the border have gone over to the Dark Side.

This has me so mad I'm not going to say anything else. I swear, one of these days, somebody is going to get a slap.

http://bcove.me/j30ph73s

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-31-2013, 10:42 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

And this is why active shooters can be so successful in a school setting; actions like his are discouraged.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Rocky7 Likes This 
Old 05-31-2013, 11:16 PM   #3

I never connected those dots, orangello, but it makes sense. If we are all expected to get into the fetal position and call "911", why would we need guns?

What really rankles me about this Progressive claptrap is this:

Hidden in their ideology is the assumption that we are supposed to turn over our personal safety to the State. That's the big driver behind gun grabbers who never stop yapping about guns. It doesn't matter what facts they are shown, they just keep coming up with one hare-brained hypothetical after another. You try to have a conversation and end up playing Whack-a-Mole. For them, it is somehow reprehensible that you would protect yourself by force or protect me by force or take a risk to do either.

The second part of the Progressive dogma at work here is that only the State should apply force. Individual citizens cannot be trusted to apply force. So, only the police and other agents of the State should carry guns. That's the same dogma that tells them it was wrong for this lad to step in and stop a stabbing. He should've ran to find a teacher who, in turn, would phone "911". After the crime, those same dullards would stand around waiting to be interviewed while they wring their hands and moan about what happened.

I suppose it might seem like I beetled off into left field with the gun thing, but there's a connection in the teachers' thinking in this story, gun controllers and the dogma of Statists. They all read from the same play book. The more of this crap I see, the less likely it seems that we can get this turned around peaceably. We are dealing with some very dim bulbs here. And cowards, on top of it all!

Last edited by Rocky7; 05-31-2013 at 11:25 PM.
People Like This 
Old 05-31-2013, 11:27 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1069 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post
I never connected those dots, orangello, but it makes sense. If we are all expected to get into the fetal position and call "911", why would we need guns? ...

.... We are dealing with some very dim bulbs here. And cowards, on top of it all!

DIM, VERY DIM??? There's NO bulb in the socket!!

Old 06-01-2013, 03:25 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1784 Times on 1168 Posts
Likes Given: 1506

I want to marry his mom, there's a lady that has her head on straight about how to raise her kid! I'd be proud as hell to have a son like him.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-01-2013, 07:19 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3858 Times on 2304 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

The mom should just bitch slap the principle. I bet the principal would go to the corner whimpering in a fetal position.

Old 06-01-2013, 07:49 PM   #7
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1743 Times on 948 Posts
Likes Given: 547

And they dont even allow them to pray anymore while they are getting slaughtered.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 06-01-2013, 11:26 PM   #8

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 5

So I guess the plan is that if we teach our children to be sheep, they won't question authority and fight the government when they are adults. They will learn to stand by and let the government handle all. Don't get involved, don't be a hero, don't fight for those weaker or who can't fight. That is not the job of a citizen.

Old 06-02-2013, 02:16 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 572 Posts
Likes Given: 72

I have two very young elementary school teachers living across the street from me. I asked them how they feel about trained, armed guards in their schools. With no hesitation they both said, of course not, it would frighten the children. I said, as much as gunshots in the shool would without guards? I told them I felt the kids would not even notice, and though the protection would probably never need to be used, it was like fire insurance on their house. They said it shouldn't be necessary, and I agreed with them on that, but it could be necessary, and you cannot effectively add it, and bring back lives after a shooting.

I am not sure what makes that concept so hard to understand.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

People Like This 
Old 06-02-2013, 07:35 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoust_Nat View Post
I have two very young elementary school teachers living across the street from me. I asked them how they feel about trained, armed guards in their schools. With no hesitation they both said, of course not, it would frighten the children.
I believe you can't be born that stupid; it has to be learned.

About 3 years ago, my kids' school asked for feedback from parents about school security. I wrote them a long note about a few trained teachers, a couple of .45 1911's in quick-open safes and how that would work better than hiding under a desk hoping you're not noticed. I never heard back from anybody.

People who think frightened children are a worse outcome than dead children need to get help.

(My children aren't afraid of guns, btw.)

Last edited by Rocky7; 06-02-2013 at 07:40 PM.