Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > CA Magazine Ban Could Go To SCOTUS Sooner Rather Than Later.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2013, 06:55 PM   #51
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1354 Times on 688 Posts
Likes Given: 1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
the SCOTUS has been making some surprising decisions to say the least, with last year's 'Obama[don't]care' vote leading the way. Does anyone feel confident they know how a vote like this would go?

I don't. I have no confidence at all. As nitestalker has pointed out SCOTUS is very likely to take a hard lean to the Left especially if the Democrats take the 2014 midterms and win the White House again in 2016...and there is a very real danger they will. If gun rights issue don't get nailed down now they might be gone for good.

Stay smart, stay motivated, stay dangerous

Old 12-23-2013, 03:42 PM   #52
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1795 Times on 931 Posts
Likes Given: 358

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7point62 View Post
I don't. I have no confidence at all. As nitestalker has pointed out SCOTUS is very likely to take a hard lean to the Left especially if the Democrats take the 2014 midterms and win the White House again in 2016...and there is a very real danger they will. If gun rights issue don't get nailed down now they might be gone for good.
the Dems and anti-gunners attitude is if they wait long enough, they will have the votes they need to make their dreams come true. and like you, I fear they are going to have those votes in the not too distant future! they did it with healthcare, they will try to do it with gun laws. unfortunately, some dumb*ss will shot up a room full of people (they always do) during this time and you could see a Connecticut-like reaction go national. they will clearly have the media on their side!

Old 12-23-2013, 04:02 PM   #53

Liked 134 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 265

We're going to have to fight and win a little at a time just like we lost a little at a time!

You have to LIVE, DIE, and PAY TAXES, and pay for what you do between your LIVING and your DYING!

People Like This 
Old 12-24-2013, 10:01 AM   #54
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2836 Times on 1945 Posts
Likes Given: 582

The "Escape" is already beginning for some. My close friend, the ret. NYPD detective told me today he's done with Long Island, even if he has to move his FIL with him. He expects to be in either N.Carolina or N. Ga by early spring. His house went on the market yesterday,. Even if he doesn't sell, he has enough to move and buy a house. I told him to come here to Az., I need more shooting friends....
A 2nd cousin of mine with a VP position with a large NY canned goods co. Told me yesterday he's found a house in NE Pa nr. The Jersey and NY borders,..he's taking possession in Feb., and will be there full time by April. People have been leaving for years in drips and drabs,...but now I expect you will see a wholesale movement of people out of NY,..even the libs don't like it anymore.

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

People Like This 
Old 12-24-2013, 03:11 PM   #55
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1340 Times on 792 Posts
Likes Given: 3358

Eventually all of the Right Thinking folks will be out of the states like New York, California, new Jersey, Illinios, etc and those states will implode upon themselves. Then the Right Thinker can move back in and start all over.

How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur
People Like This 
Old 01-01-2014, 03:46 AM   #56

Liked 43 Times on 28 Posts

And the curious thing is that all the anti gunners in Washington have armed security provided by the taxpayers, us. Talk about a two tiered society. Remover when Diane Feinstein felt threatened, even with personal security, she got a concealed carry permit and carried a gun for personal protection and yet she is the number 1 vocal anti gunner. I believe that the NRA main focus should be to push for the constitution of the United States, including the 2A, to be enforced. Everything else will fall into place

Old 01-01-2014, 04:37 AM   #57
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 386 Times on 200 Posts
Likes Given: 582

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDS92A View Post
Eventually all of the Right Thinking folks will be out of the states like New York, California, new Jersey, Illinios, etc and those states will implode upon themselves. Then the Right Thinker can move back in and start all over.
All of those left thinkers (oxymoron?) are moving away from the wreckage they voted to create and infecting our conservative functioning economies with the same bad ideas and brain dead politicians. They did it in CO and now they are planting the battle flag in TX.

Hey..... what's the red button do?

Old 01-01-2014, 12:45 PM   #58
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20042 Times on 11397 Posts
Likes Given: 50563

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sig View Post
And the curious thing is that all the anti gunners in Washington have armed security provided by the taxpayers, us. Talk about a two tiered society. Remover when Diane Feinstein felt threatened, even with personal security, she got a concealed carry permit and carried a gun for personal protection and yet she is the number 1 vocal anti gunner. I believe that the NRA main focus should be to push for the constitution of the United States, including the 2A, to be enforced. Everything else will fall into place
i think holding our elected officials acountable for their actions is one that needs to be pushed and pushed hard. being able to have a gun is not about being an elected official, rich or a being a celebrity. it's the right of every free American.

these actions by our elected officials are signs of tyranny, short and simple. they make rules and regulations for which they are not required to follow. that is tyranny.

the best plan of action is to vote these people out of office and into the unemployment line as soon as possible and replace them with officials who will uphold the Constitution and abide by the laws.
People Like This 
Old 01-02-2014, 06:58 PM   #59
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1991 Times on 1069 Posts
Likes Given: 2960

Methinks there is a very good chance the present SCOTUS would give the CA magazine ban a pass. The Heller decision by SCOTUS was not a resounding affirmation of our Second Amendment rights. Four justices had to water down their opinions in order to get a fifth justice on board.

Last edited by alsaqr; 01-02-2014 at 09:30 PM.

Old 01-08-2014, 07:42 PM   #60
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1340 Times on 792 Posts
Likes Given: 3358

In November 2014 they will see the error of their ways. The people of Colorado will see to that.

As for their battle flag being planted in Texas, the Texans are just letting think that they have. In time they will cease to exist and no one will know what happened to them. They will just say that maybe the Chupacabras got them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJMercer View Post
All of those left thinkers (oxymoron?) are moving away from the wreckage they voted to create and infecting our conservative functioning economies with the same bad ideas and brain dead politicians. They did it in CO and now they are planting the battle flag in TX.
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur