Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > CA Magazine Ban Could Go To SCOTUS Sooner Rather Than Later.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2013, 10:12 PM   #21
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7655 Times on 4416 Posts
Likes Given: 9867

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
Maybe once time runs out and people start getting arrested in large numbers, it will make it to the SCOTUS sooner.
Unfortunately that is the reality. There needs to be a case for there to be a reason to go before the Supreme Court. Getting arrested for that reason would suck. Or there are people like Adam Kokesh who appear to me to go out and get arrested but somehow never seem to bear any fruit from it.

I suppose that we could all go out and get arrested at the same time, thereby overwhelming the system and forcing them to hear our collective case. It would take tremendous coordination and planning, we would all have to do it virtually at the same time to ensure a maximum effect. Some would be lost to the system for one reason or another, some might be killed....

Ummm. You first?

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 12-19-2013, 10:17 PM   #22
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19481 Times on 11065 Posts
Likes Given: 49088

there is always civil disobedience to counter with.

i will not comply.

People Like This 
Old 12-19-2013, 10:26 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
there is always civil disobedience to counter with.

i will not comply.
Yes, there is that. But what good does it do if nobody knows? Would you have to march on the capitol with a sign saying that you owned illegal guns and accessories but refuse to register them? How does one get the word out to the legislators that their laws are only as effective as compliance is (and that not one single criminal will register anything)?

Maybe we could have shirts and hats made up that say we refuse to comply. But really what good would that do?

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
People Like This 
Old 12-19-2013, 10:33 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Yes, there is that. But what good does it do if nobody knows? Would you have to march on the capitol with a sign saying that you owned illegal guns and accessories but refuse to register them? How does one get the word out to the legislators that their laws are only as effective as compliance is (and that not one single criminal will register anything)?

Maybe we could have shirts and hats made up that say we refuse to comply. But really what good would that do?
sometimes it starts with one voice, just saying no.

no rants, no threats, no tirades or emotions, just simply saying no, i won't comply with your unconstitutional law. i will not be a victim to your tyranny.

Old 12-19-2013, 10:53 PM   #25

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
Maybe once time runs out and people start getting arrested in large numbers, it will make it to the SCOTUS sooner.
These people are about to be forced to take action with their hardware. 3 weeks from now it's too late.

SCOTUS may work faster in the future but what about these guys with magazines that exceed lawful capacities? They need to find a way to put the brakes on this legislation right now!

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!
People Like This 
Old 12-19-2013, 11:23 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
sometimes it starts with one voice, just saying no.

no rants, no threats, no tirades or emotions, just simply saying no, i won't comply with your unconstitutional law. i will not be a victim to your tyranny.
I daresay that there are already hundreds of thousands in California alone who are already doing that. I am one. But I am but one voice howling in the wilderness. I meet people who, like me, refuse to comply but the reality is that it achieves nothing in the big picture. Nobody cares if you refuse to comply until you spit on the sidewalk, or cross against the light and things snowball to the point where they are searching your home. Legal search or not if they find any prohibited items it gets confiscated and you get painted as a terrorist.

Honestly, how many times have you read a story of a guy getting busted for something and when they describe his "arsenal" you say to yourself "Really? An arsenal? That's nothin'!"

But then when "that guy" turns out to be you, people in MSM are freaking out over how many guns you have and how much ammo you have.

For our message to be known we need to get that message to our legislators and make them repeal these unconstitutional laws. Its all well and good if we get the NRA and others challenging the laws, but until We The People stand up and speak, the bastards in Washington will think those challenges are not what We want.

Quote:
People Like This 
Old 12-19-2013, 11:44 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3720 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post

Unfortunately that is the reality. There needs to be a case for there to be a reason to go before the Supreme Court. Getting arrested for that reason would suck. Or there are people like Adam Kokesh who appear to me to go out and get arrested but somehow never seem to bear any fruit from it.

I suppose that we could all go out and get arrested at the same time, thereby overwhelming the system and forcing them to hear our collective case. It would take tremendous coordination and planning, we would all have to do it virtually at the same time to ensure a maximum effect. Some would be lost to the system for one reason or another, some might be killed....

Ummm. You first?
Yup, unfortunately that seems to be the only way something will go to SCOTUS.

Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

Always have clean socks.

Old 12-20-2013, 12:13 AM   #28
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner

Liked 624 Times on 475 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

My personal belief is that there must be armed marches on major anti gun cities (dc, Boston, new York, la, San Francisco, Chicago, new Orleans, etc...). And these marches need to be of a ton of people with "illegal" full autos, sbr's, etc. and those participating should do so extremely peacfully. The American people need to not only disobey civilly, but also let the government, the elitist aristocracy, and the media know it. My idea may be a bit extreme, but I'm a radical for freedom.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 12-20-2013, 12:17 AM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3720 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post
My personal belief is that there must be armed marches on major anti gun cities (dc, Boston, new York, la, San Francisco, Chicago, new Orleans, etc...). And these marches need to be of a ton of people with "illegal" full autos, sbr's, etc. and those participating should do so extremely peacfully. The American people need to not only disobey civilly, but also let the government, the elitist aristocracy, and the media know it. My idea may be a bit extreme, but I'm a radical for freedom.
The problem is the media would spin it to a bunch of fringe group terrorists trying to start a war.

And then once the media spins it, most people would believe the spin.

Always have clean socks.

People Like This 
Old 12-20-2013, 12:26 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post
you even think about trying a movement like that and it will set gun rights back 50 years! something along those lines would do way more damage in the long run than any good it would do short term. it might even be a way of starting problems we don't need.
People Like This