Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > CA Magazine Ban Could Go To SCOTUS Sooner Rather Than Later.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2013, 07:07 AM   #11
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7658 Times on 4419 Posts
Likes Given: 9868

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
Look what is now happening to D.C. Gun owners!

D.C. Gun Owners Must Re-Register Weapons on Jan 1, 2014

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/DC-Gun-Owners-Must-Re-Register-Weapons-236274341.html
Yes, I saw that too. I expect there is no hope for DC gun owners at all.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 12-19-2013, 07:37 AM   #12

Liked 6557 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
Look what is now happening to D.C. Gun owners!

D.C. Gun Owners Must Re-Register Weapons on Jan 1, 2014

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/DC-Gun-Owners-Must-Re-Register-Weapons-236274341.html
Looks like gun registration laws may end up going before the Supreme Court too.

Quote:
Dick Heller, a D.C. resident who sued the city to get hand guns legalized and won the landmark Supreme Court decision, said he’s going back to court.

He said he’s filed suit to challenge the new requirement.

“You don’t see criminals registering guns,” Heller said.
Old 12-19-2013, 11:24 AM   #13
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5492 Times on 2713 Posts
Likes Given: 5824

The Supremes have dodged ruling on some of these real Constitutional issues for way too long. Its a bit scary cause just like OB Care, our guess isnt likely their mindset. I hope this cracks their nutz in Albany and San Fran, there's more to the story than just whats in the Magazine. The "Military Feature" designation needs to go with Mag restrictions, neither makes any sense or fixes a single "omission" in the 2A! Can you spell Unfettered? U-n-f-e-t-t-e-r-e-d, I knew you could,,,

Old 12-19-2013, 02:17 PM   #14

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

My concern would be for NYers. They are on the clock and time is running out. If they can't get their protest to SCOTUS before the clock runs out, what happens then? I'm sure there is enough fear in some that they have already sold/destroyed etc some of their mags. And how many more will act in fear before the clock strikes 12:00? Can they call a "Time out" if there is anticipation of the law being changed?

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!

Old 12-19-2013, 06:19 PM   #15
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 7658 Times on 4419 Posts
Likes Given: 9868

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittmeba View Post
My concern would be for NYers. They are on the clock and time is running out. If they can't get their protest to SCOTUS before the clock runs out, what happens then? I'm sure there is enough fear in some that they have already sold/destroyed etc some of their mags. And how many more will act in fear before the clock strikes 12:00? Can they call a "Time out" if there is anticipation of the law being changed?
Perhaps they can. But will it make any difference if they do? Oftentimes the confusion works against the civilian in possession of the contended items.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 12-19-2013, 06:37 PM   #16
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19519 Times on 11080 Posts
Likes Given: 49147

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Looks like gun registration laws may end up going before the Supreme Court too.
i see any registration of any firearm unconstitutional and highly descriminating. until they can force all those with illegal firearms or those who should possess a firearm in the first place to register theirs, then how can they on the basis of any law force a LAC to register their legal fireams?
People Like This 
Old 12-19-2013, 06:40 PM   #17
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19519 Times on 11080 Posts
Likes Given: 49147

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
The Supremes have dodged ruling on some of these real Constitutional issues for way too long. Its a bit scary cause just like OB Care, our guess isnt likely their mindset. I hope this cracks their nutz in Albany and San Fran, there's more to the story than just whats in the Magazine. The "Military Feature" designation needs to go with Mag restrictions, neither makes any sense or fixes a single "omission" in the 2A! Can you spell Unfettered? U-n-f-e-t-t-e-r-e-d, I knew you could,,,
until we get back to what our gun rights were before 1934, we as law abiding gun owners are still behind. until every gun ban, restriction and gun control law is repealed and rid of, we as gun owners are being infringed upon.
People Like This 
Old 12-19-2013, 07:36 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1704 Times on 889 Posts
Likes Given: 341

the SCOTUS has been making some surprising decisions to say the least, with last year's 'Obama[don't]care' vote leading the way. Does anyone feel confident they know how a vote like this would go?

My guess is, just when you thought the Court could not get any more 'Federal-centric', this will be the time they say 'let the States decide'. I will be surprised if this gets decided in a way that favors us gun owners. I hope I am wrong

Old 12-19-2013, 10:01 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3720 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post

Yes, I saw that too. I expect there is no hope for DC gun owners at all.
For now, since its not a state, apparently the 2A doesn't apply to them. Such BS.

Always have clean socks.

Old 12-19-2013, 10:02 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3720 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittmeba View Post
Maybe once time runs out and people start getting arrested in large numbers, it will make it to the SCOTUS sooner.

Always have clean socks.