Ca. Legislators go after us again - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Ca. Legislators go after us again

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2011, 10:40 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I DO feel for those gun owners living in the Peoples' Яepublik of Kalifornia. Yours is a real uphill battle when it comes to guns, ownership and the responsibility of that ownership. The MSM always plays up the use of any gun in any crime and that affects too many of the that believe anything and everything said on the news.

I've noticed on several of the sites I buy ammo from, they've got disclaimers noting the states they don't send ammo to. The PЯK is one of those that make an appearance on most of them.

It would be a total expression of free will IF everyone could move but as some have noted, they do have economic ties, especially owning a home, that at this time of economic "disaster" makes it unfeasible to move. IF everyone could move, that would be the title of a new movie....Escape from CA.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:24 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I received a response from my scumsucking representative today. He's got a severe case rectal-craniosis when it comes to the Second Amendment.

Read this crap:

Thank you for your recent communication opposing AB 144 (Portantino), AB 809 (Feuer) SB 124 (De Leon). AB 144 would establish an exemption to current concealed handgun laws, and make it a misdemeanor to openly carry an unloaded handgun on the person in specified public areas. AB 809 would streamline regulation requirements with regard to the transfer, information reporting, and retention requirements for handguns and firearms. Finally, SB 124 would recast a provision in current law to provide that all murder in which the perpetrator knowingly uses any ammunition designed to penetrate metal or armor is murder in the first degree (as opposed to ammunition primarily designed to penetrate metal or armor, as the law currently states). I appreciate hearing from you on these matters.

The bills were read on the Assembly and Senate floors in January and were assigned to the Assembly and Senate Committees on Public Safety, where they currently remain. I prefer not to take an official position on bills before they reach the Senate Floor for a vote because they can change significantly in the committee process. While I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue, I am generally a strong supporter of gun control and in the past I have supported many bills to that end.

You can read more about the status, history, and analysis of these bills online at Search Bills. While you are online, please check out my website, Sen. Darrell Steinberg*, to learn of community events and other issues in which I am involved.

I trust that we agree on far more issues than we disagree. I appreciate hearing from my constituents on issues of concern to them. Please continue to express your views to me so I may best represent you in the state Senate.
If you need my assistance or have concerns about any other matter, please do not hesitate to call my office at (916) 651-1529.

Sincerely,
DARRELL STEINBERG
President pro Tempore
6th Senate District

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 04-11-2011, 07:52 PM   #23

Liked 314 Times on 209 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Looks like it's a boiler plate document Don. The guy never read your query.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:54 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Yeah, that's what I figured. He's an anti gun liberal douchebag.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 04-11-2011, 08:12 PM   #25

Liked 314 Times on 209 Posts
Likes Given: 27

What do you want to bet that he has several guns of his own. This is the way alot of these guys roll. They don't really give a sh!t one way or the other. It's usually about the political favors these a$$holes trade to get something they want.

He prefers not to take a official position on bills before they reach the senate floor.

Well thats when he knows where and how much $$$$$ he can get to back it. If it's not enough $$$$$ he probably wont.

Old 04-13-2011, 06:02 AM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 142 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 164

Depending on how chicken**** they want to be a CB cap will penetrate metal if you include tin foil.

http://militarysignatures.com/signat...ember14888.png
Retired LE, M.P., Sr. M.P. Investigator, armorer, F.B.I. Trained Rangemaster/Firearms Instructor , Presently Forensic Document Examiner for D.H.S.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:14 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1274 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

How's this for an honest politician:

Anti-Gun Senator Shoots Intruder

State Senator R.C. Soles (D - NC) Long time Anti-Gun Advocate State Senator R.C. Soles, 74, shot one of two intruders at his home just outside Tabor City, N.C. about 5 p.m. Sunday, the prosecutor for the politician's home county said.

The intruder, Kyle Blackburn, was taken to a South Carolina hospital, but the injuries were not reported to be life-threatening, according to Rex Gore, district attorney for Columbus, Bladen andBrunswick counties.

The State Bureau of Investigation and Columbus County Sheriff's Department are investigating the shooting, Gore said. Soles, who was not arrested,declined to discuss the incident Sunday evening.

"I am not in a position to talk to you," Soles said by telephone.

"I'm right in the middle of an investigation."

The Senator, who has made a career of being against gun ownership for the general public, didn't hesitate to defend himself with his own gun when he believed he was in immediate danger and he was the victim.

In typical hypocritical liberal fashion, the "Do as I say and not as I do" Anti-Gun Activist Lawmaker picked up his gun and took action in what apparently was a self-defense shooting.

Why hypocritical you may ask?

It is because his long legislative record shows that the actions that he took to protect his family, his own response to a dangerous life threatening situation, are actions that he feels ordinary citizens should not have if they were faced with an identical situation.

It has prompted some to ask if the Senator believes his life and personal safety is more valuable than yours or mine.

But, this is to be expected from those who believe they can run our lives, raise our kids, and protect our families better than we can.

Old 04-13-2011, 05:28 PM   #28

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

It would be quite amusing,and good, if he were to publicly change his opinion about control! More than likely never happen though.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 04-13-2011, 07:17 PM   #29

What you people discuss and draft Acts that might become law we have as fact in our country.
Criminals still get their weapons from where ever criminals source their arms and do not give a hoot about all the gun laws ever passed by the political brain dead.
All about pleasing certain people that normally have nothing better to do than play bambi lovers but still eat red meat.
Better believe the threat to your freedom is far greater than you will ever realize until it is to late forever.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:21 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1274 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

It seems that a lot of the lawmakers, cabinet members, and other "officials" regard themselves as "royalty", and should not be bound by the same laws they shove down our throats. Sort of like we really do need a Tea Party.