Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > CA Gun Owners Face More Harrassment

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2008, 04:09 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Oregon is infinitely better than here. In an ideal world, we'd move to Idaho.

We looked into Oregon, Washington and Idaho. I have done my homework/research. The choice of Oregon is a compromise. There is definitely some californication there, but that's just the way it is. Life is full of compromises. We're older folks and it works for us for personal and financial reasons.

And it ain't California.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 05-24-2008, 06:53 PM   #22

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Oregon is infinitely better than here. In an ideal world, we'd move to Idaho.

We looked into Oregon, Washington and Idaho. I have done my homework/research. The choice of Oregon is a compromise. There is definitely some californication there, but that's just the way it is. Life is full of compromises. We're older folks and it works for us for personal and financial reasons.

And it ain't California.
I wish you many happy years in your new home state. I am interested in going west also - cannot stand the politics and the tax burden on the east coast, especially NY, which isn't far behind Ca. in terms of gun laws. From what I have read, Idaho is more of a 'gun friendly" constitutionally grounded state, although Randy Weaver comes to mind....
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 05-24-2008, 07:12 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Idaho is beautiful, but the weather can be harsh. That's essentially why we ruled it out. Washington's gun laws are a bit better than Oregon's and there's no income tax, but we just couldn't find a spot that worked for us.
Good luck on your search. I found the website citydata.com to be extremely helpful.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams