CA Assembly Passes Several New Anti-Gun Bills
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

CA Assembly Passes Several New Anti-Gun Bills

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2014, 12:54 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1422 Times on 768 Posts
Likes Given: 798

Default CA Assembly Passes Several New Anti-Gun Bills

The CA assembly has passed several new anti-gun bills that await Gov. Brown's signature.

I don't think there is a chance in hell he will veto any of these. CA is going down the drain faster than we think.

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/state-legislation/2014/9/california-2014-legislative-session-adjourns-after-passage-of-more-anti-gun-bills.aspx?s&st=10469&ps

Senate Bill 199 removes the BB device exception from the imitation firearm prohibition.

Senate Bill 808 bans firearm manufacturing and 3-D printing.

Assembly Bill 1609 makes it a state crime to transport or otherwise import firearms into California that were acquired from out of state, unless the firearms are sent to and transferred through a licensed California firearms dealer.

Assembly Bill 1014 allows any person to file a restraining order against YOU causing your firearms to be forfeited.

Assembly Bill 2310 allows city attorneys in Los Angeles and Sacramento counties to initiate unlawful detainer actions against residents who have been arrested for any firearm-related crime.

I find 1014 to be particularly troubling and intentionally set up for an enormous amount of "abuse".

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-05-2014, 01:07 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4631 Times on 3127 Posts
Likes Given: 2340

Interesting update. As stated in OP, 199 looks like common sense. 808 may be superfluous, the Feds require a license for building anyway. Printing=manufacture. 1609 also seconds federal law.

1014 and 2310, I'd need to read them in full before I get real worried. Not defending CA, just a dispassionate look.

Old 09-05-2014, 01:28 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
Interesting update. As stated in OP, 199 looks like common sense. 808 may be superfluous, the Feds require a license for building anyway. Printing=manufacture. 1609 also seconds federal law.

1014 and 2310, I'd need to read them in full before I get real worried. Not defending CA, just a dispassionate look.

Not for personal use.

Here is a good read on the subject of building your own firearm. You will note that it is perfectly legal to build your own firearm for personal use and also legal to sell one.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=759563&page=2

Show where Federal Statute requires the FFL transfer of a firearm when moving from one State to another and bringing your firearms with you?

Also show Federal Statute that requires the purchase of a Long gun in State (X) be transferred by an FFL when returning to one's home State (Y). As CA 1609 states that a firearm must be shipped to an FFL, show Federal Statute that says same for out of State Purchase of a Long Gun.

Last edited by mseric; 09-05-2014 at 02:41 PM.

Old 09-05-2014, 03:06 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Found this. Clearly states just tho opposite of CA Bill 1609.

(3) any firearm to any person who the licensee knows or has reasonable cause to believe does not reside in (or if the person is a corporation or other business entity, does not maintain a place of business in) the State in which the licensee's place of business is located, except that this paragraph (A) shall not apply to the sale or delivery of any rifle or shotgun to a resident of a State other than a State in which the licensee's place of business is located if the transferee meets in person with the transferor to accomplish the transfer, and the sale, delivery, and receipt fully comply with the legal conditions of sale in both such States (and any licensed manufacturer, importer or dealer shall be presumed, for purposes of this subparagraph, in the absence of evidence to the contrary, to have had actual knowledge of the State laws and published ordinances of both States), and (B) shall not apply to the loan or rental of a firearm to any person for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes;

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCODE-2011-title18/html/USCODE-2011-title18-partI-chap44-sec922.htm

Old 09-05-2014, 03:42 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseric View Post
Not for personal use.

Here is a good read on the subject of building your own firearm. You will note that it is perfectly legal to build your own firearm for personal use and also legal to sell one.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=759563&page=2

Show where Federal Statute requires the FFL transfer of a firearm when moving from one State to another and bringing your firearms with you?

Also show Federal Statute that requires the purchase of a Long gun in State (X) be transferred by an FFL when returning to one's home State (Y). As CA 1609 states that a firearm must be shipped to an FFL, show Federal Statute that says same for out of State Purchase of a Long Gun.
I can buy a long gun at a gun show in KY and take it home across the state line. We have no restrictions on long guns save for Class 3. California restrictions are notorious. I can't see how bringing a full deck AR into the state could possibly be legal under their existing laws.

I did not know that personal and commercial manufacturing are treated separately. If they are - okay. I just couldn't see building from the scratch as relevant in CA or a big deal anywhere.

Old 09-05-2014, 03:47 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
I can buy a long gun at a gun show in KY and take it home across the state line. We have no restrictions on long guns save for Class 3. California restrictions are notorious. I can't see how bringing a full deck AR into the state could possibly be legal under their existing laws.

I did not know that personal and commercial manufacturing are treated separately. If they are - okay. I just couldn't see building from the scratch as relevant in CA or a big deal anywhere.
What laws, State or federal?

Be it AR or Shotgun, the Federal Government does not distinguish between the two as far as interstate transfer is concerned. With that, we can agree that CA Bill 1609 is not even close to Federal Laws as posted in #2.

Old 09-05-2014, 04:30 PM   #7
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8231 Times on 4240 Posts
Likes Given: 9476

Just what the nation and CA need, 5 more laws to interpret.

Ignorance of the law is not an excuse,

Just keep saying that till it makes sense...

Old 09-05-2014, 05:41 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseric View Post
What laws, State or federal?

Be it AR or Shotgun, the Federal Government does not distinguish between the two as far as interstate transfer is concerned. With that, we can agree that CA Bill 1609 is not even close to Federal Laws as posted in #2.
Their, meaning California's. I mentioned the AR because it seems clear the state wants to seal off any loopholes for the "assault rifles". Shotguns and such are just thrown in for good measure. It is easy to buy a long gun in, or out of CA, if it doesn't have the dreaded "tactical" attributes. In short, I just don't see a big deal, considering the laws already on the books. The folks in CA would know best.

Old 09-05-2014, 06:26 PM   #9
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2884 Times on 1582 Posts
Likes Given: 810

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Just what the nation and CA need, 5 more laws to interpret.

Just keep saying that till it makes sense...
Ignorance in making laws is inexcusable.
WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 09-05-2014, 06:34 PM   #10
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2884 Times on 1582 Posts
Likes Given: 810

Bill 1014 will make it impossible to own a firearm in CA. The anti gunners will get restraining orders on any gun owner. Does not say it has to have merit. This is a back door avenue to gun confiscation.
Bill 1609 means that no one can bring a firearm into CA. If I were going to a shooting competition and I was not a CA resident my firearm would have been acquired out of state. If I was going to visit family I could not bring a firearm into the state with me as it was acquired out of state.
Bill 199 means that BB guns will no longer be exempt and therefor illegal.