Buying 31 handguns in two weeks - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Buying 31 handguns in two weeks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 07:14 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 78 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
I don't see anything wrong with buying 31 guns in 2 weeks, but it most likely was the selling of them that got her. I know if I had the money to buy 31 handguns I would do it just for ****s and grins
I would add good investments to that list.

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever."--Thomas Jefferson

“To the distinguished character of patriot, it should be our highest glory to add
the more distinguished character of Christian.” --George Washington

"If we make peaceful revolution impossible, we make violent revolution inevitable." --John F. Kennedy

BigByrd47119 Likes This 
Old 02-08-2013, 07:20 PM   #12

Liked 132 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Well, she's not the ATF, the attorney general, or the president so she cant get away with it. Have they all ready recovered some of those handguns at murder scenes?
not likely, especially not murder scenes of any border patrol agents....

I agree that because its written law she should have known better than to think she could get away with it. There is as good or better chance that those 31 buyers were panic driven collectors as opposed to all street criminals with mal intent.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:24 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I wish i could find 31 good handguns and the money to buy them, but i ain't selling any of them. MINE!

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

People Like This 
Old 02-08-2013, 08:00 PM   #14

Liked 638 Times on 385 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I wouldn't buy more than one handgun in a five day period. If you buy more than one in a five day period you are red flagged by the ATF. What a great law that stops crime in its tracks!!!

Old 02-08-2013, 08:04 PM   #15

Liked 1739 Times on 898 Posts
Likes Given: 1338

I think I have made a false assumption; which was that she re-sold them to people who had not had a NICS check. Perhaps this is wrong. If the buyers were clean, okay, she should have had the license. But if they weren’t; which is why I’m guessing they didn’t just buy the weapons from a dealer themselves, that’s another story.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:14 PM   #16

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
I think I have made a false assumption; which was that she re-sold them to people who had not had a NICS check. Perhaps this is wrong. If the buyers were clean, okay, she should have had the license. But if they weren’t; which is why I’m guessing they didn’t just buy the weapons from a dealer themselves, that’s another story.
I doubt there was a NICS check done...but I dont think that changes much. In Ohio you can private sell as long as the buyer is of legal age and you dont knowingly sell to a felon. Thats it, start and finish. If she knowingly sold to a felon, then she should suffer the consequences, but then again I guess I am actually taking exception with the regulation arent I?

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 02-08-2013, 08:19 PM   #17

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119
Let me just say...

That I see nothing wrong with what she did. There is no harm in and of itself by selling firearms at a profit. If she sold it to a BG, she should, and probably will, be held liable. But just because she didnt pay a fee to the feds? Come on guys...I thought we were pro-free market and pro-Second Amendment?
I second that for sure

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

BigByrd47119 Likes This 
Old 02-08-2013, 08:37 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5751 Times on 3252 Posts
Likes Given: 5186

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119 View Post
Let me just say...

That I see nothing wrong with what she did. There is no harm in and of itself by selling firearms at a profit. If she sold it to a BG, she should, and probably will, be held liable. But just because she didnt pay a fee to the feds? Come on guys...I thought we were pro-free market and pro-Second Amendment?
I see nothing wrong with it either. But philosophically we're right. Legally, we're wrong.

We can't pick and choose which laws we obey, so we sometimes get screwed by those we deem wrong.

And as Martin Luther King said, if you violate the law, even if it's a bad law, be prepared to face the consequences.

Winston Churchill
People Like This 
Old 02-08-2013, 08:41 PM   #19

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
I see nothing wrong with it either. But philosophically we're right. Legally, we're wrong.

We can't pick and choose which laws we obey, so we sometimes get screwed by those we deem wrong.

And as Martin Luther King said, if you violate the law, even if it's a bad law, be prepared to face the consequences.
No argument here.

I do detect a change in the forum though...in the past when I challanged current laws on their ethical, moral, or Constitutional grounds, I would often be shouted down. Seems that has changed fo the better though

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-08-2013, 08:46 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post
I wouldn't buy more than one handgun in a five day period. If you buy more than one in a five day period you are red flagged by the ATF. What a great law that stops crime in its tracks!!!
Seriously? I picked up two at one time when i bought my CZ75b. NICS went through OK, or so FFL said.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.