Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > bullet tax to curb Chicago crime

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 02:16 AM   #21
The only democracy and friend in the region
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1728 Times on 959 Posts
Likes Given: 5271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
Personally I am at the point where I don't give a damn what they do with an ammo tax. It's getting to the point now that unless you live in North Alaska you can't fire a weapon without someone calling the cops. A couple more noise ordinances the ammo tax could be $5,000 a round and it would have no effect on my life.
So, does this mean you have thrown in the firearm ...... I mean towel?

Keep up the good fight.

Old 10-29-2012, 02:18 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Isn't it just time to carpet bomb that place to below grade and start over?
If only Dillinger would give us a clue on where he stands on the issues.

I abhor a mushy position.

Old 10-29-2012, 06:38 AM   #23

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturnsdale View Post
I love the smell of Napalm in the morning. It smells like,,,, burning freedom haters.

Seriously though, I thought you had to have a FOID card to buy ammo in IL. As most of these gangsters have records isn't it impossible for them to get FOID cards?

Tits, boarhog anyone?
Before you edited your post it said:

Quote:
I love the smell of Napalm in the morning. It smells like,,,, burning liberals.
Are you aware that your saying such hateful things about a group of people that principals are founded on these two things:

So you joke about mass murdering fellow Americans in fire and/or explosion that are proponents of Liberty and Equality?

Please don't allow yourself to be fooled into two party extremism which relies on not logic nor reason and only serves to divide Americans.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 10-29-2012, 07:21 AM   #24

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertusa123
HEAR WE GO AGAIN anouther ammo and gun tax to battel "street crime" i bet all then gane bangers and going to pay that 25$ tax on guns and .05 cent tax per round on ammo. when they buy that gun off the street. NRA and 2ND adment foundation allready getting their lawers ready to fight it in court
Is that Mayor Rahm Emmanuel's idea?
A political hack & one more crooked Chicago mayor in a long line of them. Unconstitutional.

Old 10-29-2012, 12:40 PM   #25

Liked 132 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 221

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylos View Post
Is that Mayor Rahm Emmanuel's idea?
A political hack & one more crooked Chicago mayor in a long line of them. Unconstitutional.
not Rahm's idea, well if so he hasn't admitted so or stated such to the public, but its a new tax just like all his new entertainment taxes so I doubt he will not be for it. This came from Perwinkle, the newest crook county board president (erkle's out)

as for needing a lobotomy to run for office, you would think so per the history of it all, though if you take a closer look, i think its a felony that is required

all these taxes, old and new just force the residents to shop out of county, further limiting their revenue stream, but they dont seem to get it. On top of that they justify the new taxes with these proposed revenues that are not only unrealistic, but never come to light for the same reason. Chicago people just shop more and more outside of chicago and cook county.....duh mr. and mrs. aldermans?????

if the city really wanted revenue, they could just enforce the fire and life safety codes they've slowly put into place over the years- first city to burn down, last to implement and enforce standard building fire codes....cause they're to chickencrap to do so.

my hat is off to anyone who has served or is currently serving our country.....God bless you..you're friends and family included.

for the latest chitown headlines, check here:
http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/

NRA - member for life

Old 10-29-2012, 12:44 PM   #26

Liked 643 Times on 398 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus View Post
Before you edited your post it said:

Are you aware that your saying such hateful things about a group of people that principals are founded on these two things:

So you joke about mass murdering fellow Americans in fire and/or explosion that are proponents of Liberty and Equality?

Please don't allow yourself to be fooled into two party extremism which relies on not logic nor reason and only serves to divide Americans.
You don't even know which party I belong to. There was a reason I edited my post.

“Every person's life is theirs by right. An individual's life can and must belong only to to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave.”

“If you are unwilling to defend your right to your own lives, then you are merely like mice trying to argue with owls. You think their ways are wrong. They think you are dinner.”

“Pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent."

“Not everyone is willing to embrace liberty; liberty requires not just effort, but risk. Some people choose to delude themselves and see their chains as protective armor.”

Old 10-29-2012, 02:53 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus View Post
this "violence tax" is retarded, violence against what? paper targets?
Weeble, I think chicaga has problems with discernment. They are not worried about paper targets. They are worried about gun violence. With a broad brush, and no discernment, they blame guns, rather than the individual.

So in their tiny minds, they need to make Guns and Gun Owners pay for it. For Gawd Sakes, they can't blame an individual. Maybe targets could be turned in for a 'tax refund'. (please note that this is sarcasm, and not just another goofy proposition).

Smile folks.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:07 PM   #28

Liked 132 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 221

Default bullet tax dropped.

from the secondcitycop blog....

.05 per Bullet Shot Down

Someone must have steered Preckwinkle in the direction of an Econ 101 textbook:

• Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle today dropped plans for a five-cent bullet tax, but still wants to charge a $25 tax on every gun purchase.

The compromise was negotiated over several days with Commissioners John Fritchey and Edwin Reyes, both Chicago Democrats, who had balked at the guns and ammo taxes.

In exchange for their support, Preckwinkle agreed to create a $2 million fund to combat gun violence. Fritchey had proposed dedicating $1.4 million to anti-gun violence efforts. She also agreed to exempt law-enforcement officers from having to pay the tax, which helped convince Reyes to support the plan.
Evidently, she only absorbed half the lesson though. If we can get a gun for $25 cheaper in Kane or Will or DuPage county, we'll be doing that instead and picking up a few hundred bucks worth of ammo while we're there.

And if you thought for an instant that this was anything but a punitive tax on those who dare to own a gun, this ought to make it clear:
  • The bullet tax was projected to raise $400,000 in revenue. The gun tax would raise $600,000, Budget Director Andrea Gibson said.

The revenue would help defray the cost of medical care for people who are shot and then treated at county-run, taxpayer subsidized Cook County Hospital. The hospital treats about 670 gunshot victims at year at an average cost of $52,000, Preckwinkle said.
$1 million in new taxes to defray a bill of $34.8 million in gunshot care? What a ****ing joke.
Labels: dumb ideas, gun issues

posted by SCC at 12:01 AM

no wonder so many comedy writers come from chicago....

my hat is off to anyone who has served or is currently serving our country.....God bless you..you're friends and family included.

for the latest chitown headlines, check here:
http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/

NRA - member for life

vincent Likes This 
Old 11-03-2012, 04:42 AM   #29

Liked 24 Times on 11 Posts

Hold on a second. They might be on to something here... I'd be completely behind a reasonable tax (perhaps two or three percent) if the money was guaranteed to go to the establishment and ongoing support of youth shooting initiatives for inner city Chicago. To clarify, when I say "youth shooting", I am not referring to the use of inner city youth as the target or the projectile. While those ideas have merit, they really should be discussed and debated at some other time.

What I'm talking about is an inner city equivalent to 4H, Scholastic and YHEC programs. I can think of many benefits to such a program. Imagine if you will, a well trained and competent gangbanger who no longer needs to light up an entire carload of his contemporaries when all he wants to do is whack his babymomma so he don't have to pay that hoe any effing child support. That translates to less public money spent on food stamps and WIC supplements. Those aren't the only savings, though. It also means less public money spent on methadone programs and VD treatments at the free clinic. That's real medical care savings you won't get with Obamacare! As an added benefit, greater accuracy means less lead being scattered around the schoolyard. The EPA should be completely behind this innovative and progressive program.

I called the mayor's office to get an official statement. Unfortunately, the mayor would not speak on the record. Asked for an off the record comment, mayor Rahm Emmanuel said "That's one mother effing great idea. Who the eff can I call and thank? In fact, I have a mother effing box of genuine Cubano cigars to send to that mother effer. My housekeeper smuggles the in for me by the case. I don't want to know how she hides the effing things but be careful, some of them smell like crap and the rest are all effing sticky. She's a great beotch but I have to smack her around once in awhile to keep my other beotches in line. Know what I effing mean?"

Old 11-03-2012, 02:36 PM   #30
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1824 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 557

http://www.newsmax.com/US/Chicago-gun-tax-healthcare/2012/11/02/id/462631

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."