bullet tax to curb Chicago crime - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > bullet tax to curb Chicago crime

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2012, 04:17 PM   #11
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1369 Times on 806 Posts
Likes Given: 3476

There you go making sense!

Common Sense and Governments....REALLY?

Come on, get with the program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Why not turn this over to the IRS. Insted of taxing bullets why not tax the murders. The City of Chicago should turn this over to the IRS to collect a tax of say $50,000 for wounding and $250,000 for each murder. This would end the shootings faster then taxing bullets.
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur
People Like This 
Old 10-26-2012, 04:18 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

One simple acronym: M.O.A.B. (Mother Of All Bombs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Is there anything that anyone can think of that would pull that ship out of its eventual collision with the iceberg?
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 10-26-2012, 04:57 PM   #13
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2750 Times on 1336 Posts
Likes Given: 1396

That is a good point! That is one of the present administrations future plans is to tax ammunition to the point of unreasonableness! Using it as a tool to attack our Second Amendment in an attempt to prevent people from buying it. Keep in mind, if ammunition is taxed to that point few will be buying it and the stores will more than likely stop handling it due to cost and the fact of minimal demand and profit! Get the picture! "It is the plan!" If we are unfortunate enough to have them re-elected I wish them luck but I feel sorry for others. I have been banking ammunition for some time and have equipment and supplies to load more for my favorite calibers. But have some for every caliber. I did not buy it all at once. Try this! A good friend of mine goes shopping with his wife as I do at Walmart at least once each week. And each week he buys a box of 22 cal. ammo and a box of shotgun shells. He has been doing this now for over four years. So for us common folks that is a great way to start storing up you favorite caliber ammunition without it killing your wallet! I would encourage our friends on the FTF to put an ammunition procurement program together!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

TDS92A Likes This 
Old 10-26-2012, 05:20 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Good words here!

Stockpile in progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
That is a good point! That is one of the present administrations future plans is to tax ammunition to the point of unreasonableness! Using it as a tool to attack our Second Amendment in an attempt to prevent people from buying it. Keep in mind, if ammunition is taxed to that point few will be buying it and the stores will more than likely stop handling it due to cost and the fact of minimal demand and profit! Get the picture! "It is the plan!" If we are unfortunate enough to have them re-elected I wish them luck but I feel sorry for others. I have been banking ammunition for some time and have equipment and supplies to load more for my favorite calibers. But have some for every caliber. I did not buy it all at once. Try this! A good friend of mine goes shopping with his wife as I do at Walmart at least once each week. And each week he buys a box of 22 cal. ammo and a box of shotgun shells. He has been doing this now for over four years. So for us common folks that is a great way to start storing up you favorite caliber ammunition without it killing your wallet! I would encourage our friends on the FTF to put an ammunition procurement program together!

Old 10-26-2012, 05:49 PM   #15

Liked 135 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 245

Quote:
Chicago.

What else can you say?

I know the place is steeped in tradition and romance of the original gangsters. The Bulls used to be my team back when Michael played and I liked basketball.

But seriously? Isn't it just time to carpet bomb that place to below grade and start over?

Is there anything that anyone can think of that would pull that ship out of its eventual collision with the iceberg?
how bout a neutron bomb instead, I still need to sell my place???

here is a great blog by a retired LEO on the CPD and other daily nonsense.

http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/

Old 10-29-2012, 01:41 AM   #16

Liked 134 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Personally I am at the point where I don't give a damn what they do with an ammo tax. It's getting to the point now that unless you live in North Alaska you can't fire a weapon without someone calling the cops. A couple more noise ordinances the ammo tax could be $5,000 a round and it would have no effect on my life.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 10-29-2012, 02:24 AM   #17

Liked 170 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Yep, typical mindset of our elected officials, penalize the law abiding citizen. Gang bangers care less about the tax, they don't buy ammo, they steal it.

US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln

Old 10-29-2012, 02:28 AM   #18

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

this "violence tax" is retarded, violence against what? paper targets?

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 10-29-2012, 02:52 AM   #19

Liked 643 Times on 398 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:
Chicago.

What else can you say?

I know the place is steeped in tradition and romance of the original gangsters. The Bulls used to be my team back when Michael played and I liked basketball.

But seriously? Isn't it just time to carpet bomb that place to below grade and start over?

I love the smell of Napalm in the morning. It smells like,,,, burning freedom haters.

Seriously though, I thought you had to have a FOID card to buy ammo in IL. As most of these gangsters have records isn't it impossible for them to get FOID cards?

Tits, boarhog anyone?

“Every person's life is theirs by right. An individual's life can and must belong only to to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave.”

“If you are unwilling to defend your right to your own lives, then you are merely like mice trying to argue with owls. You think their ways are wrong. They think you are dinner.”

“Pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent."

“Not everyone is willing to embrace liberty; liberty requires not just effort, but risk. Some people choose to delude themselves and see their chains as protective armor.”

Old 10-29-2012, 03:14 AM   #20
1911 .45ACP. . then there are others.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1897 Times on 1053 Posts
Likes Given: 5721

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDS92A View Post
Is a Lobotomy required to in order to run for office in Chicago?
I think natural stupidy also is accepted.