Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   bullet tax to curb Chicago crime (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/bullet-tax-curb-chicago-crime-74801/)

robertusa123 10-22-2012 12:55 AM

bullet tax to curb Chicago crime

HEAR WE GO AGAIN anouther ammo and gun tax to battel "street crime" i bet all then gane bangers and going to pay that 25$ tax on guns and .05 cent tax per round on ammo. when they buy that gun off the street. NRA and 2ND adment foundation allready getting their lawers ready to fight it in court

firedawg60 10-22-2012 01:29 AM

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

kingfish15 10-22-2012 01:38 AM

Actually, the bangers will just start new businesses selling ammo to fill the void left by all the present ammo sellers leaving. Going to see your dealer will take on a whole new meaning.

KansasCandR 10-22-2012 09:09 AM

Political rhetoric designed to do nothing more than keep an incumbent's name in the news so they can point out their self described "contributions" to the community while they continue to fleece their well-intentioned but completely clueless benefactors.

So this isn't a completely political posting, I wonder how well I'd do if I opened a drive thru liquor & ammo quickie-mart(tm) just the other side of the city limits? Anyone interested in a business venture?

winds-of-change 10-22-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertusa123 (Post 984974)
HEAR WE GO AGAIN anouther ammo and gun tax to battel "street crime" i bet all then gane bangers and going to pay that 25$ tax on guns and .05 cent tax per round on ammo. when they buy that gun off the street. NRA and 2ND adment foundation allready getting their lawers ready to fight it in court

The gangbangers will just learn to steal the ammo, just like they do the guns. :mad:

Fathead00 10-22-2012 03:39 PM

The idiots in Chicago are going to try everything that will NOT work before they do the right thing. What did good ole Chicago do this weekend 3 or 4 dead and 21 wounded!!

TDS92A 10-26-2012 02:14 PM

Is a Lobotomy required to in order to run for office in Chicago? :rolleyes:

Let me see if I have this right. Punish the Law Abiding Citizens by making them pay a tax on the ammunition because of the crimes committed by the Bad Guys? :eek:

If this is the case, then I am going to suggest that a bill be put forth charging all the Non-Drinkers a tax for the hang overs that I get on occasion.

Makes just about as much sense as what the idiots in chicago are trying to do. ;)

Dillinger 10-26-2012 03:37 PM

Chicago.

What else can you say?

I know the place is steeped in tradition and romance of the original gangsters. The Bulls used to be my team back when Michael played and I liked basketball.

But seriously? Isn't it just time to carpet bomb that place to below grade and start over?

Is there anything that anyone can think of that would pull that ship out of its eventual collision with the iceberg?

canebrake 10-26-2012 03:39 PM

** snot bubble **

nitestalker 10-26-2012 04:11 PM

Why not turn this over to the IRS. Insted of taxing bullets why not tax the murders. The City of Chicago should turn this over to the IRS to collect a tax of say $50,000 for wounding and $250,000 for each murder. This would end the shootings faster then taxing bullets. ;)