Bruce gets it
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Bruce gets it

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 01:34 AM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5510 Times on 2877 Posts
Likes Given: 358

Default Bruce gets it

i knew there was a reason i liked bruce willis!!

Quote:
Bruce Willis against new gun control laws, says there's no link between Hollywood violence and real violence

Published February 06, 2013

Associated Press

Bruce Willis attends a news conference for the film "Moonrise Kingdom" on May 16, 2012. (Reuters)

Bruce Willis says he's against new gun control laws that could infringe on Second Amendment rights. The "Die Hard" star also dismisses any link between Hollywood shootouts and real-life gun violence.

"I think that you can't start to pick apart anything out of the Bill of Rights without thinking that it's all going to become undone," Willis told The Associated Press in a recent interview while promoting his latest film, "A Good Day To Die Hard." ''If you take one out or change one law, then why wouldn't they take all your rights away from you?"

Willis' fifth outing as wise-cracking cop John McClane, due in theaters Feb. 14, comes as his action franchise marks its 25th anniversary. The 57-year-old actor will also be seen firing away at bad guys in the upcoming sequels "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" and "Red 2," both due later this year.

But he believes "the real topic is diminished" when observers link Hollywood entertainment with high-profile mass shootings like those last year in Connecticut and Colorado.

"No one commits a crime because they saw a film. There's nothing to support that," Willis said. "We're not making movies about people that have gone berserk, or gone nuts. Those kind of movies wouldn't last very long at all."

Willis added that he doesn't see how additional legislation could prevent future mass shootings.

"It's a difficult thing and I really feel bad for those families," he said. "I'm a father and it's just a tragedy. But I don't know how you legislate insanity. I don't know what you do about it. I don't even know how you begin to stop that."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/02/06/bruce-willis-against-new-gun-control-laws-says-there-no-link-between-hollywood/#ixzz2KB1DBM00

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-07-2013, 01:39 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5538 Times on 3134 Posts
Likes Given: 4818

Finally, someone picking up the torch that Charleton Heston carried.

Winston Churchill
People Like This 
Old 02-07-2013, 08:21 PM   #3
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1340 Times on 792 Posts
Likes Given: 3358

I knew that there was a reason why I like(d) his movies.

Perhaps he will become more vocal.

How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 02-07-2013, 08:29 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106856/combined
There are some movies about people "flipping out", but not that many and few with happy endings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Finally, someone picking up the torch that Charleton Heston carried.
The torch to scare the zombies in Omega Man.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:30 PM   #5
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 919 Times on 605 Posts
Likes Given: 228

He gets it to a point. He thinks violence on tv and movies does not play a part in social issues. He is squed on that one. If I made a gagillion dollars on Die Hard movies, I might miss that part also.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:36 PM   #6

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

IMHO the point he was trying to make is the mental factor that should be addressed. No amount of violent movies/video games/ or tv will make a sain person decide to shoot up some place. They don't help with those on the edge though.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:17 PM   #7
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 919 Times on 605 Posts
Likes Given: 228

When I was young, people taught kids right and wrong. Today, tv teaches kids wrong and wrong. Very little Mr. Rogers programing for kids today.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:26 PM   #8

Liked 180 Times on 128 Posts
Likes Given: 129

I have watched action movies my wole life and not once did I want to go on a shooting spree just for the hell of it. I tend to agree with Mr. Willis, I dont think its the violence on TV but the person watching it. Its not the guns, its not the movies, its the person who pulls the trigger who is responsible.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:02 PM   #9

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
When I was young, people taught kids right and wrong. Today, tv teaches kids wrong and wrong. Very little Mr. Rogers programing for kids today.
Got a point there. Tv died in the 90's

Old 02-07-2013, 10:34 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 396 Times on 205 Posts
Likes Given: 588

I am honestly shocked at what Willis said. I was absolutely completely convinced that ALL of Hollyweird was completely braindead and he went and proved me wrong. It's good to see that at least one person in that liberal cesspool of human degeneration has a functioning human brain and is willing to open his mouth and prove it.

Hey..... what's the red button do?

People Like This