Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Browning and FNUSA and the Second Ammendment

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 05:59 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Any gunstore ive ever been in requires you to unload firearms when bringing them in the store.

Does it apply to concealed defensive weapons?? common sense says no, it only applies to those firearms being openly displayed for reasons of commerce.

Most likely people show up there all the time with loaded firearms for repair and service. Usually only takes one instance of an unloaded gun perforating a ceiling for such a sign to show up.
This is exactly how I see those signs. They are concerned about weapons that will be handled, not a concealed weapon that is holstered. Common sense is a valuable tool.

Old 11-28-2012, 06:08 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Call me paranoid, but if i am walking in a gunshop (or just about anywhere else) with an uncased & visible firearm, it will have the action VERY obviously open and will be carried in a way that keeps my hand well away from the trigger. Somebody might be waking up from a nap and mistake my intentions.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 11-29-2012, 12:23 PM   #13

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello
Call me paranoid, but if i am walking in a gunshop (or just about anywhere else) with an uncased & visible firearm, it will have the action VERY obviously open and will be carried in a way that keeps my hand well away from the trigger. Somebody might be waking up from a nap and mistake my intentions.
Simply put. Thank you

Old 11-29-2012, 12:52 PM   #14

Liked 4787 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Nothing new at Browning in Arnold. We transported special weapons from here during the war in SE Asia in the 1960s. Personal carry weapons were never an issue. JonM has explained the problem very well. Don't try to turn this into an antigun attack on Browning. They are a very pro American company.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:09 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1349 Times on 916 Posts
Likes Given: 459

Local shops can count on common sense to rule. If someone brings a loaded gun in for service or trade bait the shop owner can throw them out. A large company like Browning has the insurance company lawyers dictating signage and company policy.