A British Attitude to Guns and Self Defence. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > A British Attitude to Guns and Self Defence.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2012, 07:37 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5938 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 5503

If you live any of several major cities in the U.S., the police would react exactly the same as the Brits.

In the other 99 percent of the U.S., the policeman would probably wink, and tell you to let him bleed out before you call.

Winston Churchill
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 07-29-2012, 07:41 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 461 Times on 316 Posts
Likes Given: 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
sad you live in a country that does not allow you the right to defend yourself against an armed attacker bent on doing you harm. this is an issue that is being fought and defended here everyday in America. we will not give up this right without huge opposition and we have several organizations that fight for these rights.
You are allowed to use lethal force in the UK just as you are in America.

Old 07-29-2012, 07:44 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
Does that include a gun?

Winston Churchill
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-29-2012, 07:48 PM   #14
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
yes i was wondering the same thing. does that include a gun? because one of your previous posts said the homeowner stabbed the intruder?

Old 07-29-2012, 07:49 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
What about this scenario tells you it is a "bad shooting"? Someone comes into you home and commits a Felony! You have every right to defend yourself from felonious behavior. This is a natural right given to us by our creator. In most jurisdictions ini America, you would be questioned, the case turned over to a Grand Jury who would quite properly "no bill" you. You would get your gun back and a quiet pat on the back from the officers.

Protecting ones self from a predator is your right, no matter how many legs the predator happens to have.

I am sure i don't need to tell you that there a lot of different states in America that have different laws when it comes to the use of lethal force. I don't think its as straightforward as you imply. I am sure their are people in American jails that thought they had justifiable used lethal force. The same cop that said to shoot him would be denying it if the shooting went wrong. PS. You could at least end up with very little money if it goes trough the courts even if you win the case.

Old 07-29-2012, 07:52 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
I am sure i don't need to tell you that there a lot of different states in America that have different laws when it comes to the use of lethal force. I don't think its as straightforward as you imply. I am sure their are people in American jails that thought they had justifiable used lethal force. The same cop that said to shoot him would be denying it if the shooting went wrong. PS. You could at least end up with very little money if it goes trough the courts even if you win the case.
Which all comes down to:

WHEREVER YOU LIVE, LEARN THE LAWS!

Winston Churchill
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-29-2012, 07:58 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
yes i was wondering the same thing. does that include a gun? because one of your previous posts said the homeowner stabbed the intruder?
He used a knife because he didn't have a gun. The point is that just the same as America a person has the right to defend himself with any weapon he can get his hands on. It has to be proportional to the threat if someone hits you a slap then killing him wouldn't be proportional. If he was coming at you with a knife then using lethal force to defend yourself would be reasonable force.

The big difference in the UK is that self defence is not seen as a good reason for acquiring a firearm. But if you have one and used it to safe the life of yourself or family then that would be proportional force.

Old 07-29-2012, 07:59 PM   #18

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

My thoughts is you should pack up and move here

Old 07-29-2012, 08:00 PM   #19
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Which all comes down to:

WHEREVER YOU LIVE, LEARN THE LAWS!
Manta, yes different states do have different laws regarding using deadly force in defence of your life or property. but as Locutus said learn the laws of the state you live in. if we don't like the laws of the state we live in, we can always move to another that has much better laws. many states are taking huge steps forward in giving power and rights back to the law abiding citizen and taking them away from the criminals. in Texas, if you shoot or kill an intruder and it's deemed justifiable homicide, the intruder or his family have no legal recourse in being able to sue you due to the Castle Law. not all states have that provision though.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:15 PM   #20

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

Here in Maryland the Castle Doctrine exists, along side a major of states.

Castle Doctrine, Castle Law, OR Defense of Habitation Law. As known as, "Make My Day Law"

Basically, It is a justifiable homicide to kill to prevent a felony by force or surprise.