Brewer signs bill authorizing volunteer state militia - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Brewer signs bill authorizing volunteer state militia

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2011, 05:59 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default annexation

Insted of all of us moving to AZ could we get Jan Brewer to just start annexing some of the other states who agree with her policies?

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
Vietnam Vet 1968 MCB 53 Danang

Old 05-15-2011, 02:27 AM   #22

Liked 201 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger7007
You are wrong about there being no organization. It has been going on for quite
awhile. The left-wing medial has not let the word out. Militias from as far away as
Georgia have come out to help us with our border situation. The
local Militia groups are building up, and are organizing to help our border
patrol with the invasion from the south. As far as uniforms go, the original
Militia were the people of the colonies. They came with what they had, and
they kicked British butt. The Militia today are also the people, and many
are former military, they are better equipped and organized than you think.
They will be and are ready to go when needed.
Nice first post, attack without reading. Militia groups who come from all other states are NOT, repeat NOT the Arizona State Guard, as the STATE GUARD will be organized by the Governor. Notice the law clearly states, the STATE GUARD has NOT been set up yet. Here's the WHOLE thing,
Quote:
Be it enacted by the Legislature of the State of Arizona:

Section 1. Section 26-174, Arizona Revised Statutes, is amended to read:

START_STATUTE26-174. Arizona state guard; establishment; purpose; appropriations

A. If the national guard of Arizona or a major portion thereof is called into active federal service, or if the national guard or a major portion thereof is alerted for federal service or for any other reason the governor considers to be necessary, the governor may establish an armed force for the safety and protection of the lives and property of the citizens of the state which shall be known as the Arizona state guard.

B. The Arizona state guard shall insofar as practicable be governed by and subject to the laws of the state pertaining to the national guard. The governor shall issue or cause to be issued rules and regulations to govern administration and organization of the state guard.

C. Appropriations made to the national guard shall be deemed appropriated to both the national guard and the Arizona state guard, if and when the latter organization is established, and any funds which that are unexpended from appropriations to the national guard may be used for establishment and maintenance of the Arizona state guard.
Format Document

So as much as I am wondering what she may do with it, the likelyhood is very little right now. Hoping she's at least set up a core organization to make a framework for the real thing should it be called into existance. Notice there are no regulations, payscales, nothing in the current law, everything needs to be written.

Old 05-15-2011, 03:47 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1726 Times on 897 Posts
Likes Given: 3651

A good thing, for sure.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:36 PM   #24

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 42

I hope other states follow Arizona's lead. Every State should have a volunteer Milita by whatever name you call it which, unlike the National Guard and Army Reserve, cannot have have its Command usurped by the Federal Government.

America: Love it and protect it or leave it!
In God I Trust
I Support Arizona

Old 05-15-2011, 02:47 PM   #25

Liked 724 Times on 466 Posts
Likes Given: 232

I am so glad I live in a free state. It is the best thing I ever did moving here years ago.

Old 05-15-2011, 11:35 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

The purpose of militia is perhaps missed by miss Brewer. Militia groups necessarily grow in states as an opposing unit to government or foreign threats to one's fundarmental rights as American citizens. Especially when it comes to the Constitution of the United States. Not to be ordered or directed by government per se. If there is a national emergency of some kind then that's what the National Guards are for. If it was an even larger problem then perhaps a volunteer militia might be pressed upon as patriots. But in no uncertain term to be subservient to her edicts.