Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Brewer signs bill authorizing volunteer state militia (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/brewer-signs-bill-authorizing-volunteer-state-militia-41962/)

Bigcountry02 05-01-2011 12:09 AM

Brewer signs bill authorizing volunteer state militia

Here some good information from Arizona! Which state will be next to follow?

Arizona Capitol Times Blog Archive Brewer signs bill authorizing volunteer state militia

Gov. Jan Brewer has signed a bill creating a state militia that she could deploy at any time, and for any reason.

The bill, SB1495, creates a volunteer state militia, separate and apart from the National Guard.

dunerunner 05-01-2011 01:28 AM

That ties it, I'm moving to Arizona!! This could challenge the Class III requirements and other gun restrictions, I hope!!

armoredman 05-01-2011 06:42 PM

Actually, we have had the law for a little while, but it was only for invasion or nuclear attack. Now it is for what reason the governor believes best. Problem - nobody knows anything about it, becuase that's as far as it has gone. No organization, no recruitment, no officers, no uniforms, nada. Hopefully someone is working on these little issues, especially since the law authorizes the use of national guard funds for the state guard.
First deployment will undoubtedly be the border, if she has the courage to use it.

Dillinger 05-01-2011 06:56 PM

I have to say I am really respecting the stance and decisions coming from Brewer's office.

She definitely is not afraid to make waves. :D She appears to want to cater to what the majority of the country thinks are the "correct" solutions to real world problems like illegal immigration and the ability to protect one's family and rights.

I hope she gets the support of all her voters and gets another term or a promotion to an office with more power because she seems to have a good head on her shoulders or one hell of a good inner circle.

JD

General_lee 05-01-2011 06:57 PM

It would be nice if Georgia did this. Way to go Arizona!

Cory2 05-01-2011 07:00 PM

Aw :( ... i mean thats awesome for Arizona, but i saw brewer (the last name of a judge around here) and "volunteer state" and was thinking it was for Tennessee. I wish we could get our state militia back, we used to have one then bredison disbanded it, and our current governor is a "in the closet anti-gunner" so i doubt he will.

armoredman 05-02-2011 12:46 AM

It's a State Guard, the law doesn't call it the militia. The organized militia is the NG, the unorganized is everyone else. As this is organizied yet not NG, we call it a State Guard, similar to texas State Guard in theory, but we have NOTHING beyond the enabling law. I don't know if ANYONE is writing regs, organizational charts, anything, or if we just descend on Phoenix when the call comes with our bedrolls, hats, boots, rifles and 40 rounds flint and ball. :)

Windwalker 05-04-2011 01:52 AM

Go Arizona. Arizona Volunteer Militia, way to go Governor Brewer. A volunteer militia that can be called by the Governor when needed. Hope more states follow Arizona's lead.

opaww 05-04-2011 02:17 AM

I sent her a letter telling her she needed to do exactly this just after she took office.

dog2000tj 05-04-2011 02:30 AM

Maybe moving back to Arizona ain't such a bad idea :cool: