Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Breaking News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2011, 08:19 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 47 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bountyhunter View Post
Amazing. An admistration supplying arms to dangerous thugs. I just have never heard of anything like that before.

Oh, wait.... there was that one time that the top Reagan admin officials supplied missiles to Iran. But that's trivial because missiles are not deadly weapons and Iran is a peace loving nation that would never use them to do anything bad. And there was Poindexter who fell on his sword and perjured himself to build the firewall that kept Reagan from being impeached over it.

And there was that time the Reagan admin supplied weapons (including Stinger missiles) to the Islamic extremists (Mujahadeen) who were fighting in Afghanistan against the Soviets. But that's OK, after all the Mujahadeen (Who turned into Al Qaeda) are nice guys who would never do anything bad with those Stingers like use them to shoot down US helicopters carrying our troops in Afghan.

Yep, string up Obama he is clearly a criminal in charge of an incompetent administration doing terrible things never heard of before.
Do you ever address an issue when it is current? How about we rectify what is wrong and go after the parties involved, rather than running in circles and defending those that cannot be defended, regardless of political affiliation?
If he's involved, then yes, he gets tried as well. If he's not? Then he doesn't. We have enough already proving Holder is aware, and that he blatantly lied to congress on this issue, so, are you saying 'it's not biggie that people died because of their lawbreaking', or are you going to call for justice?
There's no other options. Either you are for justice or not. Or is this 'it's only a few mexican's killed, and they'd have been shot with a chinese AK if we didn't get the business'?

Old 10-05-2011, 09:16 PM   #22
bkt

Liked 1302 Times on 661 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Amazing. An admistration supplying arms to dangerous thugs. I just have never heard of anything like that before.

Oh, wait.... there was that one time that the top Reagan admin officials supplied missiles to Iran. But that's trivial because missiles are not deadly weapons and Iran is a peace loving nation that would never use them to do anything bad. And there was Poindexter who fell on his sword and perjured himself to build the firewall that kept Reagan from being impeached over it.

And there was that time the Reagan admin supplied weapons (including Stinger missiles) to the Islamic extremists (Mujahadeen) who were fighting in Afghanistan against the Soviets. But that's OK, after all the Mujahadeen (Who turned into Al Qaeda) are nice guys who would never do anything bad with those Stingers like use them to shoot down US helicopters carrying our troops in Afghan.

Yep, string up Obama he is clearly a criminal in charge of an incompetent administration doing terrible things never heard of before.
Yes, Obama is clearly a criminal in charge of an incompetent and corrupt administration doing terrible things.

No one said terrible things had never been done before, but what others have done in the past in no way diminishes the seriousness of what Holder et al have done. Do you disagree?

Old 10-06-2011, 01:52 AM   #23

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Careful now. We'll all be labeled racists with that last line. Don't wanna hurt anyone's feelings
I guess I should have used the sarcasm icon.

My point is that it has always been standard operating procedure for the US government to give arms to murdering thugs in pursuit of a goal they think justifies the risk. As we have seen MANY times, the clear light of hindsight often shows it was not a wise decision.

Every time another stinger missile rips apart a Huey and we lose another 30 sailors or marines in Afghanistan, remember they may well have gotten the missiles from us.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:03 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
Yes, Obama is clearly a criminal in charge of an incompetent and corrupt administration doing terrible things.

No one said terrible things had never been done before, but what others have done in the past in no way diminishes the seriousness of what Holder et al have done. Do you disagree?
What I agree with is that the level of hypocrisy applied to the Obama admin is ten miles deep. I actually don't think he's a great president and this operation sounds pretty dumb. But, it pales in comparison to the CATASTROPHICALLY STUPID decisions and operations embarked on by the last admin, yet the Bush apologists defend his actions to this day. The invasion of Iraq was by at least a factor of 1000 the most disasterous decision ever made in terms of the cost it has and will have to the US. The "never met a merger we didn't like" non-oversight from their admin led directly to the environment that enabled the worst economic disaster we have seen in 80 years. Yet. the Bush apologists would have you believe Obama caused it because he could not breathe life back into the dead (economy).

Just once I would like to see a Bush apologist take off his blinders and see the reality of the horrible decisions made under Reagan and Bush and stop whining about minutia by comparison. Let's review:

1) Under Reagan, we armed, trained and supported the Mujahadeen in Afghanistan which became Al Qaeda and now are the home center for terrorism.

2) Under Reagan, we armed and supported Iraq and Saddam Hussein who became a problem large enough that we had to invade it and destroy the government, destabilizing the ME which is now collapsing.

But let's all whine about the fact somebody tried a stupid operation to penetrate the drug cartels and track weapons flow. The stupidest thing about the operation is to think ANY operation aimed at Mexican drug cartels could succeed since they own most of their government and military and no doubt some in ours.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:09 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
Do you ever address an issue when it is current?
Sure, let's look at what he said as per the article the OP posted:

Quote:
he said he could not recall the exact date, but he'd "probably heard about Fast and Furious for the first time over the last few weeks.
Well fire up the electric chair, that's a solid defined statement that smacks of perjury, I can see why everybody is going ballistic. As soon as stating clearly he wasn't sure and giving a guess rises to perjury.

You want a lesson in how to commit perjury?

Read Scooter Libby's..... oops, sorry. Not allowed to mention anything from the previous admin.

Yes clearly this is perjury, it must be a grand conspiracy that requires a congressional investigation witch hunt and special prosecutor. Get Newt Gingrich to fire up the coals, he has experience. He's the one who ran the last inquisition to impeach a president over finding out if he spunked his aide's dress. Newt should be able to stir the townspeople and hand out the torches and pitchforks. I assume it's OK to recall a previous admin if it was a democratic president who was getting lynched, right?

Last edited by bountyhunter; 10-06-2011 at 02:14 AM.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:18 AM   #26

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
What I agree with is that the level of hypocrisy applied to the Obama admin is ten miles deep. I actually don't think he's a great president and this operation sounds pretty dumb. But, it pales in comparison to the CATASTROPHICALLY STUPID decisions and operations embarked on by the last admin, yet the Bush apologists defend his actions to this day. The invasion of Iraq was by at least a factor of 1000 the most disasterous decision ever made in terms of the cost it has and will have to the US. The "never met a merger we didn't like" non-oversight from their admin led directly to the environment that enabled the worst economic disaster we have seen in 80 years. Yet. the Bush apologists would have you believe Obama caused it because he could not breathe life back into the dead (economy).

Just once I would like to see a Bush apologist take off his blinders and see the reality of the horrible decisions made under Reagan and Bush and stop whining about minutia by comparison. Let's review:

1) Under Reagan, we armed, trained and supported the Mujahadeen in Afghanistan which became Al Qaeda and now are the home center for terrorism.

2) Under Reagan, we armed and supported Iraq and Saddam Hussein who became a problem large enough that we had to invade it and destroy the government, destabilizing the ME which is now collapsing.

But let's all whine about the fact somebody tried a stupid operation to penetrate the drug cartels and track weapons flow. The stupidest thing about the operation is to think ANY operation aimed at Mexican drug cartels could succeed since they own most of their government and military and no doubt some in ours.
Only 2 things...

First, the ME hasn't been stable in 1000 years or more, so screw that crap, it ain't America's, Junior's or Reagan's fault. We and our admins didn't help it any, but don't even think of pinning the entire problem there.

And second, if you follow the Fast and Furious operation, it is obvious that whole operation was never meant to track guns with the cartels, it was designed to implicate American gun dealers in an international gun and drug smuggling incident so that our POS government could find an excuse to erode our already endangered freedoms.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:38 AM   #27
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4462 Times on 2355 Posts
Likes Given: 255

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
And second, if you follow the Fast and Furious operation, it is obvious that whole operation was never meant to track guns with the cartels, it was designed to implicate American gun dealers in an international gun and drug smuggling incident so that our POS government could find an excuse to erode our already endangered freedoms.
this is exactly right. those slime balls even bragged about doing gun control behind the scenes

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 10-06-2011, 03:38 AM   #28

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 159

I'd love for a movie to be made about this fool & his carelessness.

"THE SIERRA JUST HOTEL TANGO FOXTROT -OVER"

MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

Old 10-06-2011, 03:56 AM   #29

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2387

Quote:
I assume it's OK to recall a previous admin if it was a democratic president who was getting lynched, right?
No one here is saying that the things done in the past by either party are "acceptable," only that in the here-and-now we have an opportunity to do the right thing and by god it should be done. If he really didn't know anything about it he should, at the least, step down due to incompetence. If he did know...well...you get the picture.

Where does he live? Maybe we can round up a posse and go place him under citizens arrest.

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 10-06-2011, 10:28 PM   #30

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbyrd47119 View Post
no one here is saying that the things done in the past by either party are "acceptable," only that in the here-and-now we have an opportunity to do the right thing and by god it should be done. If he really didn't know anything about it he should, at the least, step down due to incompetence. If he did know...well...you get the picture.

where does he live? Maybe we can round up a posse and go place him under citizens arrest:d.

look out, he's prolly got a handgun in his night stand or under his pillow!

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me