Brady Campaign discussion - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Brady Campaign discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2012, 12:35 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeysKelly
I'm sure they have some crazy disclaimer in there saying something like "Data taken in a poll of 500 Democrats". It's kind of like when you see a sign in a restaurant "Voted The Best Pizza in Florida". Voted by who? Did they ask all the employees of the restaurant to vote? Maybe they checked with 500 prison inmates convicted of a gun related crime and asked them if they bought their gun legally through a dealer or in an alley on the street and 40% of them admitted to buying it illegally in trade for a reduced sentence. This is the internet days. I can find data on line saying Rock Hudson was straight, Hitler is alive and Obama is American if I look hard enough.
I don't disagree with you but I'm just trying to find out a little more info than an educated guess

I pride myself in my online research abilities... Yet I cannot find anything yet to substantiate this claim... Not that I believe it to be true but somewhere out there is a chunk of data that has been twisted and maimed to look like the information they're passing off as fact ... I have to find THAT piece of info

Old 07-26-2012, 12:39 PM   #12

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Provided it actually exists and they're not just conjuring it out of thin air... The search for Bigfoot begins... Maybe history channel will give us our own show

Old 07-26-2012, 01:04 PM   #13

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop View Post
I don't disagree with you but I'm just trying to find out a little more info than an educated guess

I pride myself in my online research abilities... Yet I cannot find anything yet to substantiate this claim... Not that I believe it to be true but somewhere out there is a chunk of data that has been twisted and maimed to look like the information they're passing off as fact ... I have to find THAT piece of info
...And you won't, it's made up...second cousin to Harvey the Rabbit, an apparition. The 'polls and surveys' they quote incessantly have been exposed to be fraudulent either by design or by their fictional nature alone. Creators of some of their polls have come out and admitted they designed some of them with a certain biased outcome in mind. Even the 'sources' they list are by no means credible or relevant. If I were to go to Boston and ask people how they feel about the Yankees, I'd get an answer that I'D like to hear but it'd be far from being an accurate overall assessment.

The BC has been losing traction for years as even some of their own supporters know not to trust liars. From what I can gather, the 'loophole' they rant about is bogus, procedures are the same at a show as they are at a brick and mortar shop. It's true, some of the gun show salesmen are less than honest and often times do sell guns to people without following procedure whether is be turning a blind eye or knowingly allowing a straw sale.

The long and short of it...They're morons. Their state by state gun law ranking system, another horn they love to blow...(heh heh, blow...) contradicts the very point they are trying to make. Their 'best states' have the highest rates of violent crime...(they forgot to include that I guess) while the 'worst states' have low violent crime rates. Unless you're just looking for a cheap laugh, don't put ANY stock into what they say. They prey on the fears and insecurities of people who they hope stay woefully ignorant of how things work out here in reality...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Last edited by vincent; 07-26-2012 at 01:32 PM. Reason: sp
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 07-26-2012, 01:15 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1151 Times on 751 Posts
Likes Given: 690

i would say they are using face to face sales as generally no paperwork is needed. if at a gun show even face to face sales have to have a background check. there is NO GUN SHOW LOOPHOLE. something the lefties made up.. the percentage they are saying is probly a guess. or a rigged poll.

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:26 PM   #15
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop View Post

Since there are no records of face-to-face sales it is impossible to determine how many take place per year across the country. Ergo, it is impossible to determine the percentage of face-to-face sales versus overall sales. That 40% number has to be made up. It might accidentally be correct, but there is no way to verify whether it is or isn't.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:59 PM   #16

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn View Post
In many states it is legal to buy a gun from an individual, non-FFL holder, with no paperwork. A bill of sale is a good idea, but not legally required in such "face to face" transactions. These exchanges occur routinely at gun shows here in WI.

Licensed dealers have to run the Federal, and state where required, background checks, even at gun shows. In WI the 48 hour waiting period must be adhered to as well. Failure to follow rules on ALL transactions will cost a dealer their FFL.
Idaho is that way. Just pick up the newspaper and take cash, no paper work. A lot of the adds say no hispanics.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:08 PM   #17

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1 View Post
i would say they are using face to face sales as generally no paperwork is needed. if at a gun show even face to face sales have to have a background check. there is NO GUN SHOW LOOPHOLE. something the lefties made up.. the percentage they are saying is probly a guess. or a rigged poll.
They call it a "loop hole" but they let collectors set up booths at the gun shows and no paper work takes place with them. The lefties get all bent out of shape about the no paper work thing. In Idaho what people don't understand is the paper work stops at the gun store. They are only required to file the paper work on the sale at the gun store. They don't send it in to a Federal Office somewhere.

Old 07-26-2012, 02:10 PM   #18
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2600 Times on 1269 Posts
Likes Given: 1299

It is real simple! Any statistics the Brady Foundation or the present administration provides, you can bet it is lent toward the anti-gun agenda.
So moral of the story any statistics the come up with is untruthful and doesn't even deserve thought! Kind of like turning the TV off when you do not want to listen to something or watch the show that you know is B---S---. That is how I view them!
Keep in contact with your Senators since tommorrow Hillery and the Wizard of Oz will be finalizing the signing of the UN Small Arms Weapon Treaty. The Senators are our saving grace to vote NO! and save our Second Amendment Rights. Do not let passivness on their part go! Obviouly be stern regarding your vote!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 07-26-2012, 02:45 PM   #19

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

It's all propaganda.

Old 07-26-2012, 03:18 PM   #20

Liked 2545 Times on 1452 Posts
Likes Given: 1978

Am I the only one who's noticed Sarah almost constantly has a sexually

frustrated look on her face, and a crazed gleam in her eye?

You can't expect these people to be reasonable. And unless we

can pursue, and receive, damages for false claims, they are always

going to be making up crazy lies for the public.

What we all need to do:

Sit back, take a deep breath.

Get out the really nice .22LRs, and pick up some ammo.

Take some new folks shooting.

The antis have lies and hysteria : WE have reality and

self-empowerment.

Why should we fight this battle on their ground?