Boycott SIG, GLOCK, and Smith & Wesson! - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Boycott SIG, GLOCK, and Smith & Wesson!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 11:03 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 580 Times on 310 Posts

Who is on our side in the list?

Old 03-11-2013, 11:16 PM   #52

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptar19 View Post
... Beretta,
Beretta has come out in support of the people - http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/27/gun-maker-beretta-considers-leaving-maryland-as-omalley-pushes-tougher-gun-laws/

so yes, we should boycott Colt, Remington, Springfield, etc ... and any other manufacturer that refuses to stand with us!

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 03-11-2013, 11:34 PM   #53

Liked 367 Times on 222 Posts
Likes Given: 6

i've been boycotting Sig, Glock, & S&W since i was born....never bought any of them....mainly cuz brand new, they're too damn expensive

All I've had today is like 6 gummi bears & some scotch

Old 03-11-2013, 11:37 PM   #54

Liked 2049 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj

Beretta has come out in support of the people - http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/27/gun-maker-beretta-considers-leaving-maryland-as-omalley-pushes-tougher-gun-laws/

so yes, we should boycott Colt, Remington, Springfield, etc ... and any other manufacturer that refuses to stand with us!
Have fun Colt Remington et al are enjoying record profits. They won't notice you not buying.

In other words you need to find a better way to get their attention.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:41 PM   #55

Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptar19 View Post
SO are we gonna add Colt, Beretta, and Springfield to this list???

What about FNH, Remington, Marlin, Bushmaster, DPMS, Para???

long list TACK, cant boycott them all without hurting ourselves.
Sig, Glock, and S&W provide the bulk of NY State LEO firearms... This... and the fact that they've said nothing about the boycott despite thousands of requests IS why they are targeted.

I suppose you could boycott everyone NOT on the list but IMHO going after firms who do little to no business with NY LEO's is a waste of time... but... targeting the manufacturers who are putting their profits above our principles... knowing that WE make us 75% of their business is a smart tactic that will yield results.

Tack
Old 03-11-2013, 11:54 PM   #56

Liked 2049 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

Sig, Glock, and S&W provide the bulk of NY State LEO firearms... This... and the fact that they've said nothing about the boycott despite thousands of requests IS why they are targeted.

I suppose you could boycott everyone NOT on the list but IMHO going after firms who do little to no business with NY LEO's is a waste of time... but... targeting the manufacturers who are putting their profits above our principles... knowing that WE make us 75% of their business is a smart tactic that will yield results.

Tack
Tack you strike new as a level headed guy. That said, I think your focus is wrong here. Go after the a**hats who make the laws, not firearms suppliers who may need to legally honor contracts, etc. rather than make pronouncements. My $0.02 worth. I have been in business a long time and not everything is as simple as it looks from the outside.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:02 AM   #57

Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
Tack you strike new as a level headed guy. That said, I think your focus is wrong here. Go after the a**hats who make the laws, not firearms suppliers who may need to legally honor contracts, etc. rather than make pronouncements. My $0.02 worth. I have been in business a long time and not everything is as simple as it looks from the outside.
Chloe...

I'm not suggesting any of them break a standing contract opening themselves up to litigation. I'm a commercial contractor and very aware of the penalties involved with failing to complete contracted work... HOWEVER... they could certainly voice there concern with NY's Safe Act and state that once current contract commitments are fulfilled... they will cease doing business with these guys... OR better yet... only accept new contract for guns and magazines that are legal for us to buy.

As is stands now, NY LEO's are feeling no heat because there supply channel has not been threatened, and it won't be threatened UNLESS we force these 3 manufacturers by eliminating 75% of there sales.

My focus is clear partner... to get anyone's attention in this world, you hit them in the pocketbook.

Tack
Old 03-12-2013, 01:39 AM   #58
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2859 Times on 1489 Posts
Likes Given: 254

I do not think anyone here has any room to complain until they first send an e-mail to these companies expressing their feelings on the matter.

Yes, a publicly traded company must make decisions with the share holders in mind.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 03-12-2013, 01:43 AM   #59
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm
I do not think anyone here has any room to complain until they first send an e-mail to these companies expressing their feelings on the matter.

Yes, a publicly traded company must make decisions with the share holders in mind.
I'm not a shareholder of any of the companies but I did email them

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 03-12-2013, 01:46 AM   #60

Liked 59 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 48

I love my Glock too, along with my other firearms makes. I wish they would ALL get on board. But I'll not try to force them on board. They are in the business of making money, after all.