Boycott SIG, GLOCK, and Smith & Wesson! - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Boycott SIG, GLOCK, and Smith & Wesson!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 11:03 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Sgt_Skrb_25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,419
Liked 580 Times on 310 Posts

Default

Who is on our side in the list?

__________________
Sgt_Skrb_25 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:16 PM   #52
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dog2000tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,309
Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptar19 View Post
... Beretta,
Beretta has come out in support of the people - http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/27/gun-maker-beretta-considers-leaving-maryland-as-omalley-pushes-tougher-gun-laws/


so yes, we should boycott Colt, Remington, Springfield, etc ... and any other manufacturer that refuses to stand with us!
__________________

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

dog2000tj is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:34 PM   #53
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bismarck,ND
Posts: 804
Liked 367 Times on 222 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

i've been boycotting Sig, Glock, & S&W since i was born....never bought any of them....mainly cuz brand new, they're too damn expensive

__________________

All I've had today is like 6 gummi bears & some scotch

donthav1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:37 PM   #54
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Great North Woods
Posts: 2,574
Liked 2049 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj

Beretta has come out in support of the people - http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/27/gun-maker-beretta-considers-leaving-maryland-as-omalley-pushes-tougher-gun-laws/

so yes, we should boycott Colt, Remington, Springfield, etc ... and any other manufacturer that refuses to stand with us!
Have fun Colt Remington et al are enjoying record profits. They won't notice you not buying.

In other words you need to find a better way to get their attention.
__________________
chloeshooter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:41 PM   #55
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 6,077
Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptar19 View Post
SO are we gonna add Colt, Beretta, and Springfield to this list???

What about FNH, Remington, Marlin, Bushmaster, DPMS, Para???

long list TACK, cant boycott them all without hurting ourselves.
Sig, Glock, and S&W provide the bulk of NY State LEO firearms... This... and the fact that they've said nothing about the boycott despite thousands of requests IS why they are targeted.

I suppose you could boycott everyone NOT on the list but IMHO going after firms who do little to no business with NY LEO's is a waste of time... but... targeting the manufacturers who are putting their profits above our principles... knowing that WE make us 75% of their business is a smart tactic that will yield results.

Tack
__________________
Tackleberry1 is offline  
dog2000tj Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:54 PM   #56
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Great North Woods
Posts: 2,574
Liked 2049 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

Sig, Glock, and S&W provide the bulk of NY State LEO firearms... This... and the fact that they've said nothing about the boycott despite thousands of requests IS why they are targeted.

I suppose you could boycott everyone NOT on the list but IMHO going after firms who do little to no business with NY LEO's is a waste of time... but... targeting the manufacturers who are putting their profits above our principles... knowing that WE make us 75% of their business is a smart tactic that will yield results.

Tack
Tack you strike new as a level headed guy. That said, I think your focus is wrong here. Go after the a**hats who make the laws, not firearms suppliers who may need to legally honor contracts, etc. rather than make pronouncements. My $0.02 worth. I have been in business a long time and not everything is as simple as it looks from the outside.
__________________
chloeshooter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:02 AM   #57
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 6,077
Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
Tack you strike new as a level headed guy. That said, I think your focus is wrong here. Go after the a**hats who make the laws, not firearms suppliers who may need to legally honor contracts, etc. rather than make pronouncements. My $0.02 worth. I have been in business a long time and not everything is as simple as it looks from the outside.
Chloe...

I'm not suggesting any of them break a standing contract opening themselves up to litigation. I'm a commercial contractor and very aware of the penalties involved with failing to complete contracted work... HOWEVER... they could certainly voice there concern with NY's Safe Act and state that once current contract commitments are fulfilled... they will cease doing business with these guys... OR better yet... only accept new contract for guns and magazines that are legal for us to buy.

As is stands now, NY LEO's are feeling no heat because there supply channel has not been threatened, and it won't be threatened UNLESS we force these 3 manufacturers by eliminating 75% of there sales.

My focus is clear partner... to get anyone's attention in this world, you hit them in the pocketbook.

Tack
__________________
Tackleberry1 is offline  
dog2000tj Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:39 AM   #58
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
robocop10mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Austin,Texas, by God!!
Posts: 10,195
Liked 2859 Times on 1489 Posts
Likes Given: 254

Default

I do not think anyone here has any room to complain until they first send an e-mail to these companies expressing their feelings on the matter.

Yes, a publicly traded company must make decisions with the share holders in mind.

__________________

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

robocop10mm is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:43 AM   #59
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FullautoUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Marxachusetts
Posts: 2,627
Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm
I do not think anyone here has any room to complain until they first send an e-mail to these companies expressing their feelings on the matter.

Yes, a publicly traded company must make decisions with the share holders in mind.
I'm not a shareholder of any of the companies but I did email them
__________________
LIVE FREE OR DIE

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
FullautoUSA is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:46 AM   #60
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
LocoTonyF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 109
Liked 59 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Default

I love my Glock too, along with my other firearms makes. I wish they would ALL get on board. But I'll not try to force them on board. They are in the business of making money, after all.

__________________
2nd AMENDMENT IS SETTLED LAW
LocoTonyF is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Glock or Smith & Wesson potentialglock Semi-Auto Handguns 25 08-31-2012 03:41 AM
Smith&wesson or glock 9mm? Keginth28 Semi-Auto Handguns 50 04-01-2012 09:14 PM
Glock 30 or the Smith & Wesson mp 45 Glock27SC Semi-Auto Handguns 1 11-30-2011 02:24 PM
Smith & Wesson .38 Clayborn Revolver Handguns 0 08-05-2011 06:57 PM
Smith and Wesson M&P 15 22 SmithKid308 AR-15 Discussion 26 07-21-2011 04:44 AM