Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Boycott SIG, GLOCK, and Smith & Wesson!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 07:53 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4557 Times on 2203 Posts
Likes Given: 1366

[quote=manta;1172272]

Quote:
[As of this Morning, we are up to 122 manufacturers and retailers of guns and gun related products who have agreed to either boycott government agencies/QUOTE] Who are the manufacturer involved in the boycott. ? PS I will boycott Glock I wouldn't take a gift of a one.
Manta,

Look up my other thread... "Goose and Gander taking flight in NY!".

Opaw has been watching the list grow and has several links to the "watch dog" website who's tracking this for us.

Tack

Old 03-11-2013, 07:53 PM   #22

Liked 84 Times on 61 Posts

Looks like a Springfield xds is in my future instead of an m&p shield.

Old 03-11-2013, 07:59 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3858 Times on 2304 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

I inquired about an XD last year from their customer service, they said they do not export. Why sell only in the States? Oh, Did Colt boycott?

Old 03-11-2013, 08:00 PM   #24
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5307 Times on 2772 Posts
Likes Given: 335

Sig and sw kinda surprise me, glock doesnt at all. Glock has never been pro gun owner and sells to us while using the profits to campaign against us. Glock will never see a dime from me at all. Glock's anti 2a antics have been around since it was formed as a company.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

People Like This 
Old 03-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #25

Liked 4557 Times on 2203 Posts
Likes Given: 1366

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
I hear and respect what you are all saying on this thread. I am proud of the US companies boycott. There is a few problems with large companies boycotting certain agencies. The biggest being they have contracts. Money has already been transferred and obligations to be honored. Court costs would be sky high, and we are asking people to not keep their word and obligations. I have a feeling S&W would change their mind if tyranny is the rule of the land (ok...if it gets worse). Plus, I do not know if we should punish the LEOs for decisions that suits make. They have families who want insurance that their love ones have the best equipment out there. As far as foreign companies, there is more then a contract. The major gun companies in Europe make weapons of war. They have to be neutral, because some of their buyers are way worse then NY or Colorado. It has been this way since the sword market was created. It is the mindset for many, many centuries. Hell, They will sell to both sides. Barretta is the oldest gun company in Europe by the way.

Oh, if we boycott gun companies and cut up our weapons, aren't we benefitting the anti-gunners? This is what they want. This is my suggestion:
If you want to make a difference in this battle, then vote these bastards out of office. Make them regret their treasonous acts on our constitution. Let future politicians see what happens when you **** with our rights.
The unfortunate reality for Rank and File Officers is that "supposedly" they do not support gun control... HOWEVER they stand meekly behind there Chiefs and there big city Mayors who do.

They allow themselves to be used as props because it's easier than "bucking the system" and risking retaliation by speaking there mind.

I agree, it's a crappy position they find themselves in but the fact IS... much of the public sentiment on gun control hinges on peoples emotional response to the plea's of Police Officers.

I can think of no more effective way of convincing them... "or better yet"... there Unions... to step up and engage in the argument than to DENY them the same tools we are being banned from possessing.

LEO's are not being asked to secure a beach head or invade Faluja! If government sees no need for me to own a particular defensive product... then there is NO justification for the Police to have it either.

This all comes back to the Notion of "Goose and Gander". We hold keepers in check by taking action that "checks" there actions... Not by capitulating because some poor Cop might find himself outgunned.

Far worse for ME to find myself outgunned... after all, I'm not the guy drawing a paycheck to deal with the scum...

Tack

Last edited by Tackleberry1; 03-11-2013 at 08:30 PM.
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 03-11-2013, 08:19 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1770 Times on 919 Posts
Likes Given: 353

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM
Sig and sw kinda surprise me, glock doesnt at all. Glock has never been pro gun owner and sells to us while using the profits to campaign against us. Glock will never see a dime from me at all. Glock's anti 2a antics have been around since it was formed as a company.
Maybe some manufacturer in the US can satisfy the ugly gun market?

Old 03-11-2013, 08:25 PM   #27

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 26

I say New York gun owners all move. Hell, come down to Arizona, put your feet up and enjoy a large fountain drink, watch the crime rate go up over there.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:26 PM   #28

Liked 77 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Go to glocks website and pull up their model list. When you click on individual models they post a pic of the gun with a little write up and in most instances....AMERICAN PHOTOS as backgrounds. On two I saw American flags, On others American Police officers, Some with American soldiers. Trust me, with a background in Marketing I know, that **** doesnt happen by accident. We are a very large part of their target audience. Even though they are not American companies they are most definitely influenced by American policies. It's in their best interests to help us. Awesome post OP.

here's the link.
http://www.glock.com/english/pistols_models.htm

If you've got one foot in yesterday, and the other in tomorrow, than you're pissing on today.
-unknown-

Old 03-11-2013, 08:27 PM   #29
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Is there any way of seeing the list of manufacturers who are boycotting the government?

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 03-11-2013, 08:28 PM   #30

Liked 571 Times on 303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA
Is there any way of seeing the list of manufacturers who are boycotting the government?
I would like to see that and give them my business.