Boycott SIG, GLOCK, and Smith & Wesson! - Page 14
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Boycott SIG, GLOCK, and Smith & Wesson!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2013, 04:56 PM   #131
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 34 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Well, I have read 13 pages of this thread, and heres what I have to say(not that anyone cares )

I had a Sig, and sold it. Only because it was that POS Mosquito.
I dont like anything about Glocks.
I like Ruger better than S&W anyway.
Levis dont fit me good. Tried a pair once, no thanks.
I do have Gillette razors, but only because my wife bought them for me.

Old 03-16-2013, 05:02 PM   #132

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I do own a Glock 19. But glad I own 2 Springfield Armory XD's and a Colt LE6920

Old 03-16-2013, 05:44 PM   #133

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post

The unfortunate reality for Rank and File Officers is that "supposedly" they do not support gun control... HOWEVER they stand meekly behind there Chiefs and there big city Mayors who do.

They allow themselves to be used as props because it's easier than "bucking the system" and risking retaliation by speaking there mind.

I agree, it's a crappy position they find themselves in but the fact IS... much of the public sentiment on gun control hinges on peoples emotional response to the plea's of Police Officers.

I can think of no more effective way of convincing them... "or better yet"... there Unions... to step up and engage in the argument than to DENY them the same tools we are being banned from possessing.

LEO's are not being asked to secure a beach head or invade Faluja! If government sees no need for me to own a particular defensive product... then there is NO justification for the Police to have it either.

This all comes back to the Notion of "Goose and Gander". We hold keepers in check by taking action that "checks" there actions... Not by capitulating because some poor Cop might find himself outgunned.

Far worse for ME to find myself outgunned... after all, I'm not the guy drawing a paycheck to deal with the scum...

Tack
As an LEO. I can tell you that bucking the system = loss of a career. I can refuse to obey an unlawful order from a suprior and as much as I hate these new laws, I wouldn't stand a chance by refusing to work based on this new legislation. I also understand that we're not storming beach heads but there are a lot of places I wish I could patrol with an AR or an MP 5 as opposed to my 9mm.

Old 03-16-2013, 06:08 PM   #134

Liked 4716 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 1443

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock1926 View Post
As an LEO. I can tell you that bucking the system = loss of a career. I can refuse to obey an unlawful order from a suprior and as much as I hate these new laws, I wouldn't stand a chance by refusing to work based on this new legislation. I also understand that we're not storming beach heads but there are a lot of places I wish I could patrol with an AR or an MP 5 as opposed to my 9mm.
I understand your dilemma... So... What can you and other Rank and File LEO's do?

To start, you could support these boycotts via social media and outside your chain of command.

As more and more manufacturers and hopefully States, through State law begin limiting your firepower... You solicit your Unions with grievances of your employer exposing you to unnecessary risk by limiting your tools AND by asking you to engage "otherwise" law abiding citizens like myself.

We either win this thing in the court of public opinion with pressure on lawmakers by LEO's and Citizens standing together...

...or LEO's and Citizen WILL begin finding each other over the front sight posts off there weapons...and that ends well for no one.

Gun Rights is about the only topic that justifies the use of deadly force against "the system" in the minds of Gun Owners and Hundreds of thousands who would choose to engage you before they would kneel.

Far better for Cops to side with us... And keep us as Alies who aid your mission because turning against us does nothing to promote your agenda of keeping the peace. In fact, it will have the exact opposite effect.

Tack
Old 03-16-2013, 07:19 PM   #135

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
Who are these hundreds of thousands and where were they all when the gun controls were being put in place in American states.
Each and every member of the NRA, GOA, NAGR and every state organization out there ... nearly 80 million strong!

We asked to be left alone and Gov't didn't listen ... they are hearing us now

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

WNGMSTR Likes This 
Old 03-16-2013, 07:37 PM   #136
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1200 Times on 585 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Smith &Wesson is a publicly traded company. If they were to say they were not going to sell to someone they would risk a lawsuit by shareholders. A guy like Bloomberg could buy one share, file suit as the company is doing things to hurt revenue, and damaging the shareholders value. It could cost millions.

As the other two are primarily European companies, and I don't believe traded in North America, they may run the risk of Obummer going after them for unfair trade.

It may not be their fault they have done nothing.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

Old 03-16-2013, 07:40 PM   #137
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 388 Times on 269 Posts
Likes Given: 120

Quote:
Each and every member of the NRA, GOA, NAGR and every state organization out there ... nearly 80 million strong
I will ask the obvious question again. Where were they when earlier gun controls were enforced in American states. Mag cap limits back ground checks etc.

As for companies not selling to state organizations companies that don't sell much to government agencies as a publicity stunt will stop selling. Manufacturers that sell a lot of equipment will continue to do so. If they stop selling other manufacturers will be fighting to get the contracts. If some american companies stop selling the government will get it from other sources in Europe and elsewhere.

Last edited by manta; 03-16-2013 at 07:50 PM.
locutus Likes This 
Old 03-16-2013, 09:52 PM   #138
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta

I will ask the obvious question again. Where were they when earlier gun controls were enforced in American states. Mag cap limits back ground checks etc.

As for companies not selling to state organizations companies that don't sell much to government agencies as a publicity stunt will stop selling. Manufacturers that sell a lot of equipment will continue to do so. If they stop selling other manufacturers will be fighting to get the contracts. If some american companies stop selling the government will get it from other sources in Europe and elsewhere.
You're 100% right, our government really doesn't care if any of the U.S manufacturers even exist, they will buy foreign, but I still think they need to boycott government to show that we ain't taking their $hit anymore!

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
People Like This 
Old 03-17-2013, 04:37 AM   #139

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
they came out in force in 94' ... the Democrats taking a pounding in the pols. 2014 will be worse for the the gun grabbers now that they have overplayed their hand and they realize it. That is why they are going for registration and confiscation ... it's all or nothing for them now

and in case you missed it ... outside of CA, IL, NY, NJ and MA nearly every aspect of the 94' AWB has been repealed or allowed to sunset ... thanks in no small part to firearms owners efforts in the 94' election and the constant fight they have put up since.

but don't worry manta ... Americans aren't going to roll over as easily as you British did

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

People Like This 
Old 03-17-2013, 05:35 AM   #140

Liked 241 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 12

This time the Democrats own 'gun control' . They've put their hand in the meat grinder and if the Republicans are smart, they'll turn the handle next election .

The Democrats thought they were picking on a small segment of gun owners and found out the hard way that AR-15s are the most popular HP rifles sold .

In a way, we are lucky Romney lost . He is a weak guy, a former gun controllie, and would likely have folded like a cheap suitcase under pressure . As it was, before Obama even got the lid off the Vaseline, some Republicans had their pants down .

One thing the Democrats didn't expect was that the NRA would fight . Past cave-ins by LaPierre made him seem like a pushover. Instead he waited a few days until the Democrats fully committed themselves and then counterattacked with full fury . Neal Knox is smiling in his grave .

www.ruger.com to keep the pressure on . supportsecondamendment.com for petition .