Boycott SIG, GLOCK, and Smith & Wesson! - Page 13
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Boycott SIG, GLOCK, and Smith & Wesson!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 04:12 PM   #121
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

I don't own a glock but was thinking about getting one but I may just save and get a Wilson combat instead

Old 03-15-2013, 05:06 PM   #122

Liked 4986 Times on 2415 Posts
Likes Given: 1593

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
This whole subject is getting extreme and even a little childish.

The name calling directed at anyone who disagrees with flawed premise is getting old as well.
Who's name calling? Besides yourself with your comments about "extreme and childish"?

Look Loc... you have every right to disagree with this strategy. No one is stopping you from going out today and buying a Sig, a Glock, and an S&W. Knowing you are a retired LEO... I can understand why you loyalties are split on this topic... but frankly... I don't care.

None of us "want" to see Cops hamstrung with less than optimal equipment but again... Americas LEO's are not being asked to re-take Faluja. If these "semi" automatic weapons with there "standard" capacity magazines are too dangerous for Citizens, then there certainly too dangerous for Cops... God knows if you want to identify the most "dangerous" guy on the firing line all you need to do is look for the 26 year old wearing the black, shiny, duty belt of a patrol officer!

Tack
Old 03-15-2013, 06:35 PM   #123
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6562 Times on 3657 Posts
Likes Given: 6206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Who's name calling? Besides yourself with your comments about "extreme and childish"?

Look Loc... you have every right to disagree with this strategy. No one is stopping you from going out today and buying a Sig, a Glock, and an S&W. Knowing you are a retired LEO... I can understand why you loyalties are split on this topic... but frankly... I don't care.

None of us "want" to see Cops hamstrung with less than optimal equipment but again... Americas LEO's are not being asked to re-take Faluja. If these "semi" automatic weapons with there "standard" capacity magazines are too dangerous for Citizens, then there certainly too dangerous for Cops... God knows if you want to identify the most "dangerous" guy on the firing line all you need to do is look for the 26 year old wearing the black, shiny, duty belt of a patrol officer!

Tack
Yeah, the cops are the bad guys. No question. They shouldn't be out there enforcing laws without first finding out from the mall ninjas and Alex Jones if they're "constitutional."

After all, you can't believe anything the SCOTUS says.,

Old 03-15-2013, 07:08 PM   #124
Troll Scout
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1143 Times on 603 Posts
Likes Given: 684

The daily condecension and Alex Jones reference. My day is complete.

Old 03-15-2013, 07:34 PM   #125

Quote:
Yeah, the cops are the bad guys. No question. They shouldn't be out there enforcing laws without first finding out from the mall ninjas and Alex Jones if they're "constitutional."

After all, you can't believe anything the SCOTUS says.,
I don't think I ever said the Cops were the bad guys...

However I do maintain that "from what I've witnessed", Cops are certainly no more proficient... and OFTEN... considerably less proficient in the safe and effective handling of small arms than the shooting public in general.

I also maintain that Cops are NOT special. There should be NO difference between what I can legally own and what an LEO or his department can legally own.

If my semi auto's and standard cap mags are "too dangerous" for ME... with my training and experience... then they are ABSOLUTELY too dangerous for a street Cop... particularly those who draw there recruits from urban areas, most of who'm never fired a guy until they got to the police academy.

So... once again... this entire conversation circles back to the notion of keeping the government... and the men charged with executing it's laws... SUBSERVIENT to the PEOPLE.

It's why we call you boys in blue... PUBLIC SERVANTS... rather than STORM TROOPERS.

Honestly Loc, the insight I've picked up from your many posts leads me to believe that you do NOT believe the Government should answer to us... but in fact, are soooo comfortable following orders... that your shocked by anyone who questions authority.

I can understand that you were probably a young officer policing the Hippi movement "way back when" and now view anyone who questions Government authority through that same lense... seeing them as unpatriotic mal contents like the pukes who used to spit on our returning Nam Vets.

We are NOT, those men. We are the children of the baby boomers... and younger... who never experience the 50's or early 60's when America still made sense. We never had "blind" faith in anything and WE question everything... and it's not because we want a fight... it's because we believe that strength through superior firepower is the ONLY way to prevent one.

Tack
Old 03-15-2013, 08:04 PM   #126
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNGMSTR View Post
The daily condecension and Alex Jones reference. My day is complete.

I honestly don't think that I've seen anyone on this forum more condescending than you, sir. You belittle and ridicule anyone whose opinion disagrees with yours in any way.

Anyone who has the audacity to call out a conspiracy theory, or fanaticism is held up to scorn and ridicule by you.

Think about that the next time you are tempted to get "holier than thou" at someone.

Old 03-16-2013, 01:51 AM   #127
Troll Scout
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1143 Times on 603 Posts
Likes Given: 684

Quote:
I honestly don't think that I've seen anyone on this forum more condescending than you, sir. You belittle and ridicule anyone whose opinion disagrees with yours in any way.

Anyone who has the audacity to call out a conspiracy theory, or fanaticism is held up to scorn and ridicule by you.

Think about that the next time you are tempted to get "holier than thou" at someone.
Then bring game. Show us the money, refute the positions you think are fallacious with facts. No one here wants this country to stumble but the evidence the majority here have collected has been so far irrefutable.

Alex Jones this, Alex jones that, chicken little this, chicken little that, paranoia this, paranoia that just doesn't cut it. Prove the evidence wrong and I will back you up til the cows come home. You have my word.

Get involved with the conversation, otherwise.....
Old 03-16-2013, 02:31 PM   #128
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNGMSTR View Post

Get involved with the conversation, otherwise.....
Unfortunately "getting involved with the conversation," in your opinion means agreeing with your outlook.

Can't do that because you have not posted a single shred of credible evidence to back up the paranoia.

War is the continuation of politics by other means.
Carl von Clausewitz
V
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Winston Churchill

otisthecat Likes This 
Old 03-16-2013, 03:34 PM   #129
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 90 Times on 80 Posts
Likes Given: 121

Thumbs down

Quote:
This whole subject is getting extreme and even a little childish.

The name calling directed at anyone who disagrees with flawed premise is getting old as well.
I agree. This thread has gone way past it's logical conclusion and it's been way overthought so it's time for me to unsubscribe the thread. As I said before... I wish the gun companies would ALL get on board. But I won't try to force them on board. Those folks are making a living, same as me.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:16 PM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoTonyF View Post
I agree. This thread has gone way past it's logical conclusion and it's been way overthought so it's time for me to unsubscribe the thread. As I said before... I wish the gun companies would ALL get on board. But I won't try to force them on board. Those folks are making a living, same as me.
...and a small handful of them are enriching there shareholders by arming the very people who would be charged with disarming us.

If some refuses too see that... Nothing I can say will change there minds... but I think the Majority agrees with the selective boycot strategy so we will just have to keep up the pressure and wait too see what the NY BIG 3 decide to do.

Tack