Boycott SIG, GLOCK, and Smith & Wesson! - Page 10
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Boycott SIG, GLOCK, and Smith & Wesson!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 08:07 PM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 6,165
Liked 5009 Times on 2429 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Jon, there aren't going to be any government arms pointed at me or you. Our troops are not going to try to disarm you., Neither are our police. The national socialists are not going to take over.

Whether or not some of you are willing to admit it, we are still a nation of laws, and we are going to continue to have free elections.

This "revolutionary" nonsense serves no purpose but to make all of us look foolish in the eyes or the public.

Radical nonsense does a severe disservice to our cause.
Forgive me Loc but this thread is about boycotting manufacturers who willfully supply LEO's with products we "lowly serfs" can no longer "legally" purchase.

I don't think anyone has brought up "revolution"... or for that matter "confiscation"? Sure, those topics have been discussed elsewhere... but please, try to stay on point.

No one likes to feel as though there arguing with there "wife" because someone's dredging up conversations from last week... or last month.

Tack
__________________
Tackleberry1 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:45 PM   #92
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
StainlessSteel215's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 821
Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Jon, there aren't going to be any government arms pointed at me or you. Our troops are not going to try to disarm you., Neither are our police. The national socialists are not going to take over.

Whether or not some of you are willing to admit it, we are still a nation of laws, and we are going to continue to have free elections.

This "revolutionary" nonsense serves no purpose but to make all of us look foolish in the eyes or the public.

Radical nonsense does a severe disservice to our cause.
Damn right we are a nation of laws, and right now these laws are aimed at us and our community! What part of this national agenda dont you see??? Its happening right in front of us and you would be extremely naive to think its not possible!
__________________
StainlessSteel215 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:47 PM   #93
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 6,165
Liked 5009 Times on 2429 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post
Damn right we are a nation of laws, and right now these laws are aimed at us and our community! What part of this national agenda dont you see??? Its happening right in front of us and you would be extremely naive to think its not possible!
Loc's not naive... but I do think he has his application submitted to DHS...
__________________
Tackleberry1 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:52 PM   #94
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,900
Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Loc's not naive... but I do think he has his application submitted to DHS...
Look at it on the bright side, at least he did not apply to be a child groper for the TSA
__________________
opaww is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:49 PM   #95
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 258
Liked 83 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
As of this Morning, we are up to 122 manufacturers and retailers of guns and gun related products who have agreed to either boycott government agencies and employees of NY State and it's sub jurisdictions OR at a minimum have made it clear that they will ONLY sell these agencies products that are still legal for the citizens on NY to purchase.

Despite all of this commitment, the IRONY is that the vast majority of Guns used by LEO's within the State of NY are produced by SIG SAUER, GLOCK, and SMITH & WESSON.

None of these BIG 3 have raised a FINGER or risked a DIME to support American Liberty. For each of these BIG 3, Government contracts make up LESS THAN 25% of thier TOTAL SALES.

It's high time ALL 3 are told that if they don't stand with us, we don't stand with them... and see how well there shareholders like the dividends they receive when sales DROP to 25% of last quarters margins.

BOYCOTT SIG, GLOCK, and SMITH & WESSON!

Tack

http://www.ncgunblog.com/new-york-boycott/
I didn't read through all 10 pages, but within the first three or four, I didn't see anyone mention that all of the organizations mentioned (Sig, Smith, Glock) operate under contract with virtually all of the agencies they supply, and cannot stop supplying them because it would be a breach of contact.
__________________
scottmac is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:58 PM   #96
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 6,165
Liked 5009 Times on 2429 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmac View Post
I didn't read through all 10 pages, but within the first three or four, I didn't see anyone mention that all of the organizations mentioned (Sig, Smith, Glock) operate under contract with virtually all of the agencies they supply, and cannot stop supplying them because it would be a breach of contact.
Your correct... you did not read through all 10 pages...

Yes, we recognize contracts, however, there is nothing stopping any of them from making a public statement in support of NY Citizens. There is also nothing stopping them from stating that "once current contract commitments are met", they would revise there LEO offerings to ONLY those products that are still legal for NY Citizens to buy.

Tack
__________________
Tackleberry1 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:29 PM   #97
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dog2000tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,309
Liked 3737 Times on 1825 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Jon, there aren't going to be any government arms pointed at me or you.
already happened - Kent State University

Quote:
Our troops are not going to try to disarm you., Neither are our police.
already happened - Katrina

Quote:
The national socialists are not going to take over.
already happened - the nationalization of Healthcare and the Banking and Automotive industries

Quote:
Whether or not some of you are willing to admit it, we are still a nation of laws, and we are going to continue to have free elections.
Project Veritas ... watch, you may learn something -

Quote:
This "revolutionary" nonsense serves no purpose but to make all of us look foolish in the eyes or the public. Radical nonsense does a severe disservice to our cause.
Revolutions happen all the time all over the world. History is replete with instances of the people uprising over oppressive Govt's ... why should ours be any different?

You are either woefully naive or woefully ignorant ... your choice
__________________

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

dog2000tj is offline  
6
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:44 PM   #98
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Great North Woods
Posts: 2,565
Liked 2051 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Default

Given enough time, dang near every thread turns into a few folks doing a back and forth. You would think that, knowing that, I would stop looking at these things after about page 5 lol

Kind of reminds me of sex: just because I generally know how it is going to turn out, doesn't keep me from doing it as often as possible

__________________
chloeshooter is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:13 AM   #99
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 6,165
Liked 5009 Times on 2429 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
Given enough time, dang near every thread turns into a few folks doing a back and forth. You would think that, knowing that, I would stop looking at these things after about page 5 lol

Kind of reminds me of sex: just because I generally know how it is going to turn out, doesn't keep me from doing it as often as possible
Isn't that a "universal truth" for all men...

I can certainly say some sex has been better than others... but I honestly can't remember ever having "bad sex".

Tack
__________________
Tackleberry1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:59 AM   #100
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 6,165
Liked 5009 Times on 2429 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Default

Update... 130 companies have now joined...

Still no word from the big 3.

Tack

__________________
Tackleberry1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Glock or Smith & Wesson potentialglock Semi-Auto Handguns 25 08-31-2012 04:41 AM
Smith&wesson or glock 9mm? Keginth28 Semi-Auto Handguns 50 04-01-2012 10:14 PM
Glock 30 or the Smith & Wesson mp 45 Glock27SC Semi-Auto Handguns 1 11-30-2011 03:24 PM
Smith & Wesson .38 Clayborn Revolver Handguns 0 08-05-2011 07:57 PM
Smith and Wesson M&P 15 22 SmithKid308 AR-15 Discussion 26 07-21-2011 05:44 AM