Boycott Dick's Sporting Goods! - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Boycott Dick's Sporting Goods!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 04:23 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9209 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Man, did you see them pull this stuff? How do you REALLY know they didn't just sell out? Did you talk to management?

We have a member that works at academy (is it kryptar?) Who said their store sold over 40 ARs in a day.

How do you know the cops in the other aisle weren't shopping? If they were guarding something (what was there to guard if the gun shelves were empty?), they picked a piss poor spot to post up. I shop on the clock regularly as a city employee. Christmas is right around the corner, and us men are notorious for waiting until the last minute.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:30 AM   #42

Liked 61 Times on 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
Man, did you see them pull this stuff? How do you REALLY know they didn't just sell out? Did you talk to management?

We have a member that works at academy (is it kryptar?) Who said their store sold over 40 ARs in a day.

How do you know the cops in the other aisle weren't shopping? If they were guarding something (what was there to guard if the gun shelves were empty?), they picked a piss poor spot to post up. I shop on the clock regularly as a city employee. Christmas is right around the corner, and us men are notorious for waiting until the last minute.
No sir. They were not shopping. They were posted there. The shelves are not empty. Conventional shotguns and bolt action rifles.

Keep in mind i live in Oregon, and was at the mall across town from where the shooting occurred.

They were posted there, clearly visible, not shopping in their body armor w glocks on hip.

I was going to wait at counter and buy .357 ammo when clerk arrived. Stood there 10 mins, cops didn't budge, no help came.made wife and I so uncomfortable we walked on out.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:37 AM   #43

Liked 9209 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesmar View Post

Keep in mind i live in Oregon, and was at the mall across town from where the shooting occurred.
That could've been relevant information before I was getting ready to call you an alarmist!

Still, do you know they pulled them? We see the reaction nationally to a tragedy, but the mall shooting was local to you. Considering how these things actually spur gun sales, I would really suspect they just sold out unless you've been told otherwise by an authority on the matter (store management).

Not trying to piss in your Cheerios. I'm just seeing a lot of alarmism and hysteria, and much of it is blown way out of proportion.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:50 AM   #44
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2083 Times on 1226 Posts
Likes Given: 4477

I was talking with Dick's and they were told to pull them from the front display; however, they still have them in the back.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:55 AM   #45

Liked 61 Times on 32 Posts

There are three gun stores local to me. Dicks by far had the most. Everyone knows where the shops are. The two smaller stores, though their inventory is taking a large hit, still have ar-ak, etc, while the largest and presumably most well stocked store is completely out of every single pistol grip anything, and anything but a bolt action or pump is off the shelf?

No, I didn't talk to management, yes, the cops were posted there, yes, I saw what I saw, and have accurately portrayed exactly what I experienced.

Read into it what you will, interpret it however you like, I was only saying what I actually witnessed and experienced.

Who knows.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:19 AM   #46

Liked 22 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Dick's put out a statement saying they were pulling the AR's from their shelves Monday.

Old 12-20-2012, 06:55 AM   #47

Liked 640 Times on 381 Posts
Likes Given: 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
Yep. We only have 3 AR's left in our store. We had a stock of over 100 on Monday.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:46 AM   #48

Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Walmart did not stop ANY firearms sales. They pulled the image of the Bushmaster from the website but continue to sell them. Ammo and rifles are flying off the shelves and we have been told by our suppliers that we will not get more than three at time of any AR style rifle due to demand. We are however getting 5 Colt LE6290s either today or tomorrow.

"Just because I ain't sayin' it, don't mean I ain't thinking it"

Old 12-20-2012, 07:41 PM   #49

Liked 5010 Times on 2429 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptar19 View Post
What do you mean?
I mean that IF Accademy stocked and sold Psychotic Spree Killers...taking them down would make perfect sence.

Removing AR's because some nut job missued one is a fools way of caving into LIBTARD's who fear innanimate objects.

We all understand that emotions are running high but capitulating to fools who blame a tool rather than the perpetrator is NOT the answer.

Tack

Old 12-20-2012, 07:45 PM   #50

Liked 5010 Times on 2429 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesmar View Post
Just back from mall. Went to dicks to see. They pulled all 223 ammo, they pulled anything w pistol grip, pulled everything but conventional stuff. No clerk at the counter, instead, two officers sporting glock 22 were one aisle over. Seriously.
Did you ask the Cops what they were doing? I grew up in Clackamas and assume these would have been CC Deputies at this location.

I used to shoot next to these guys at the PSTC range next to there "new" HQ which is about two blocks from this location.

Tack