Boycott The "Costas" or pay the Price
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Boycott The "Costas" or pay the Price

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 11:06 AM   #1
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6331 Times on 3161 Posts
Likes Given: 6825

Default Boycott The "Costas" or pay the Price

Boycott The "Costas",

Ive heard about enough BS, "The evil tendencies of "Assault Weapons", "Machine Guns", "High Capacity Clips" and other Misnomers from Republi-Crats, Jocks, Talking Heads, Movie Stars and every single corporation or entity with something to sell us supporting them!

Its time to hit them in the wallet! Label them just like they do us! Call them "Costa's" and anyone that is a "Costa" gets no support from me in any shape or manner, an all out boycott! Its all about the money, nothing else really matters to these people more than filling their vaults with more of your hard earned money. So much more money that they can donate to anti 2nd amendment causes and even throw their "Famous Names" into the mix to garner more support! The only way to shut their traps is to take their money!

If their face pops up on your TV, change the channel faster than Hanoi Jane gets whacked at my house! If you see a link with their name on it, don't click it even if your interested, not once. Don't go to their website, don't buy anything connected to them, no tee shirts, no downloaded songs, no movies anything connected with their sponsors. For gods sake, Bi-Parts need not apply, don't donate a dime to their campaign for re-election if they even think about whacking at our BOR's!

One Simple Word will make make peoples heads spin and make Bob Costas name go down in history like Typhoid Mary!

Lets start a list, don't be crazy, lets not hurt good people by being reactionary, there are direct lines that can be drawn and I think its time we start drawing them. I really don't know how to keep an ongoing list current here but maybe one of you can help me out. I will Identify the First "Costas Award", a category not a business in particular.

#1- Any Firearms Dealer That Voluntarily restricts the reasonable availability of legal Firearms or Ammunition FOOG (For Our Own Good).

Last edited by WebleyFosbery38; 01-09-2013 at 11:11 AM.
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-09-2013, 09:40 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 398 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 596

#2. Ebay
#3. Paypal
#4. Amazon

Hey..... what's the red button do?

People Like This 
Old 01-09-2013, 10:23 PM   #3

Liked 640 Times on 386 Posts
Likes Given: 12

#5. Bank of America
#6. Dick's Sporting Goods
#7. Discovery Channel/Networks/Edu. products for kids

Old 01-09-2013, 11:22 PM   #4

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

I don't patronize any business that has shown itself to be anti-gun.

Old 01-09-2013, 11:33 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1863 Times on 1278 Posts
Likes Given: 687

Lets say this thread goes somewhere and we develop a reasonable plan for boycotting anti gun businesses. How do we take it to the next level outside of FTF?

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 01-09-2013, 11:40 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 248 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 768

I agree not to patronize any of the above listed business'.

Old 01-10-2013, 12:55 AM   #7
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6331 Times on 3161 Posts
Likes Given: 6825

I think it starts by us recognizing that patronage matters and most smaller and mid sized businesses may be worth asking for a manager and telling them you wont be returning until they support all the Amendments including the 2nd. Its not a movement until someone in charge hears it for the 3rd or 4th time in a week and starts saying stuff to their Bosses.

I dont know if we have to necessarily do anything organized but not give our money to folks that would restrict our rights. Im certain that means virtually all Private businesses that post a No Carry sign. Can't break the law in Public Facilities that prohibit carry and we still must go there but you can still limit the amount of time you spend in most of them. Do the DMV thing from your computer and everything you can do on the phone.

It would just be a great idea if we had our own area to reference to remind us who isnt on our side.

Old 01-10-2013, 01:02 AM   #8

Liked 22 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 2

That's. great idea. We need a website or Facebook page that lists all pro gun companies and lists all anti gun businesses.

Old 01-10-2013, 01:11 AM   #9

Liked 763 Times on 442 Posts
Likes Given: 461

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Boycott The "Costas",

Ive heard about enough BS, "The evil tendencies of "Assault Weapons", "Machine Guns", "High Capacity Clips" and other Misnomers from Republi-Crats, Jocks, Talking Heads, Movie Stars and every single corporation or entity with something to sell us supporting them!

Its time to hit them in the wallet! Label them just like they do us! Call them "Costa's" and anyone that is a "Costa" gets no support from me in any shape or manner, an all out boycott! Its all about the money, nothing else really matters to these people more than filling their vaults with more of your hard earned money. So much more money that they can donate to anti 2nd amendment causes and even throw their "Famous Names" into the mix to garner more support! The only way to shut their traps is to take their money!

If their face pops up on your TV, change the channel faster than Hanoi Jane gets whacked at my house! If you see a link with their name on it, don't click it even if your interested, not once. Don't go to their website, don't buy anything connected to them, no tee shirts, no downloaded songs, no movies anything connected with their sponsors. For gods sake, Bi-Parts need not apply, don't donate a dime to their campaign for re-election if they even think about whacking at our BOR's!

One Simple Word will make make peoples heads spin and make Bob Costas name go down in history like Typhoid Mary!

Lets start a list, don't be crazy, lets not hurt good people by being reactionary, there are direct lines that can be drawn and I think its time we start drawing them. I really don't know how to keep an ongoing list current here but maybe one of you can help me out. I will Identify the First "Costas Award", a category not a business in particular.

#1- Any Firearms Dealer That Voluntarily restricts the reasonable availability of legal Firearms or Ammunition FOOG (For Our Own Good).
Here's a start...

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/washington-times-journalist-requests-feedback-gun-owners-80793/

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 01-10-2013, 02:49 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 398 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 596

Why don't the big 2A lobbies have a "thou shalt not trade with" list? I think that'd do a lot to get the idea past FTF. That and social(ist) media until they shut your account down because you are pro gun. We could boycott social(ist) media since they are clearly not on our side. I personally would love to see bookface and twatter go the way of myspace.

Hey..... what's the red button do?

dog2000tj Likes This