Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Boycott The "Costas" or pay the Price (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/boycott-costas-pay-price-80773/)

WebleyFosbery38 01-09-2013 11:06 AM

Boycott The "Costas" or pay the Price

Boycott The "Costas",

Ive heard about enough BS, "The evil tendencies of "Assault Weapons", "Machine Guns", "High Capacity Clips" and other Misnomers from Republi-Crats, Jocks, Talking Heads, Movie Stars and every single corporation or entity with something to sell us supporting them!

Its time to hit them in the wallet! Label them just like they do us! Call them "Costa's" and anyone that is a "Costa" gets no support from me in any shape or manner, an all out boycott! Its all about the money, nothing else really matters to these people more than filling their vaults with more of your hard earned money. So much more money that they can donate to anti 2nd amendment causes and even throw their "Famous Names" into the mix to garner more support! The only way to shut their traps is to take their money!

If their face pops up on your TV, change the channel faster than Hanoi Jane gets whacked at my house! If you see a link with their name on it, don't click it even if your interested, not once. Don't go to their website, don't buy anything connected to them, no tee shirts, no downloaded songs, no movies anything connected with their sponsors. For gods sake, Bi-Parts need not apply, don't donate a dime to their campaign for re-election if they even think about whacking at our BOR's!

One Simple Word will make make peoples heads spin and make Bob Costas name go down in history like Typhoid Mary!

Lets start a list, don't be crazy, lets not hurt good people by being reactionary, there are direct lines that can be drawn and I think its time we start drawing them. I really don't know how to keep an ongoing list current here but maybe one of you can help me out. I will Identify the First "Costas Award", a category not a business in particular.

#1- Any Firearms Dealer That Voluntarily restricts the reasonable availability of legal Firearms or Ammunition FOOG (For Our Own Good).

RJMercer 01-09-2013 09:40 PM

#2. Ebay
#3. Paypal
#4. Amazon

1911love 01-09-2013 10:23 PM

#5. Bank of America
#6. Dick's Sporting Goods
#7. Discovery Channel/Networks/Edu. products for kids

Warrior1256 01-09-2013 11:22 PM

I don't patronize any business that has shown itself to be anti-gun.

John_Deer 01-09-2013 11:33 PM

Lets say this thread goes somewhere and we develop a reasonable plan for boycotting anti gun businesses. How do we take it to the next level outside of FTF?

Mongo 01-09-2013 11:40 PM

I agree not to patronize any of the above listed business'.

WebleyFosbery38 01-10-2013 12:55 AM

I think it starts by us recognizing that patronage matters and most smaller and mid sized businesses may be worth asking for a manager and telling them you wont be returning until they support all the Amendments including the 2nd. Its not a movement until someone in charge hears it for the 3rd or 4th time in a week and starts saying stuff to their Bosses.

I dont know if we have to necessarily do anything organized but not give our money to folks that would restrict our rights. Im certain that means virtually all Private businesses that post a No Carry sign. Can't break the law in Public Facilities that prohibit carry and we still must go there but you can still limit the amount of time you spend in most of them. Do the DMV thing from your computer and everything you can do on the phone.

It would just be a great idea if we had our own area to reference to remind us who isnt on our side.

birddog114 01-10-2013 01:02 AM

That's. great idea. We need a website or Facebook page that lists all pro gun companies and lists all anti gun businesses.

Jpyle 01-10-2013 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 (Post 1086268)
Boycott The "Costas",

Ive heard about enough BS, "The evil tendencies of "Assault Weapons", "Machine Guns", "High Capacity Clips" and other Misnomers from Republi-Crats, Jocks, Talking Heads, Movie Stars and every single corporation or entity with something to sell us supporting them!

Its time to hit them in the wallet! Label them just like they do us! Call them "Costa's" and anyone that is a "Costa" gets no support from me in any shape or manner, an all out boycott! Its all about the money, nothing else really matters to these people more than filling their vaults with more of your hard earned money. So much more money that they can donate to anti 2nd amendment causes and even throw their "Famous Names" into the mix to garner more support! The only way to shut their traps is to take their money!

If their face pops up on your TV, change the channel faster than Hanoi Jane gets whacked at my house! If you see a link with their name on it, don't click it even if your interested, not once. Don't go to their website, don't buy anything connected to them, no tee shirts, no downloaded songs, no movies anything connected with their sponsors. For gods sake, Bi-Parts need not apply, don't donate a dime to their campaign for re-election if they even think about whacking at our BOR's!

One Simple Word will make make peoples heads spin and make Bob Costas name go down in history like Typhoid Mary!

Lets start a list, don't be crazy, lets not hurt good people by being reactionary, there are direct lines that can be drawn and I think its time we start drawing them. I really don't know how to keep an ongoing list current here but maybe one of you can help me out. I will Identify the First "Costas Award", a category not a business in particular.

#1- Any Firearms Dealer That Voluntarily restricts the reasonable availability of legal Firearms or Ammunition FOOG (For Our Own Good).

Here's a start...

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/washington-times-journalist-requests-feedback-gun-owners-80793/

RJMercer 01-10-2013 02:49 AM

Why don't the big 2A lobbies have a "thou shalt not trade with" list? I think that'd do a lot to get the idea past FTF. That and social(ist) media until they shut your account down because you are pro gun. We could boycott social(ist) media since they are clearly not on our side. I personally would love to see bookface and twatter go the way of myspace.