Bowling For Columbine - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Bowling For Columbine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2011, 04:47 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 380 Times on 252 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
#15 is one of the gentler posts that I've seen from Spitty. He has shredded me WAY worse than that merely for owning Glocks.

#19 only made mention that you might need meds. Coming from an officer of the law who is known to eat raw meat, I'd say you got off light.

So, pay up. I want my new Glock. Chop, chop.
I don't think highly of people who insult me that I don't even know. If I knew them, or at least had spoken to them before, I probably wouldn't care. Just because He has given out worse, doesn't mean its not bad. Also, if this is how they act on a regular basis, I most certainly want even less to do with them. I'm not trying to give the image that I think I am better than others here. I, without a doubt, am no better or worse than anyone here.

I went and checked my safe and all my guns were gone! I had forgotten about that terrible boating accident where they all sank to the bottom of the ocean. I have had amnesia ever since that day

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

Old 02-18-2011, 04:56 AM   #42

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadPanda View Post
I don't think highly of people who insult me that I don't even know. If I knew them, or at least had spoken to them before, I probably wouldn't care. Just because He has given out worse, doesn't mean its not bad. Also, if this is how they act on a regular basis, I most certainly want even less to do with them. I'm not trying to give the image that I think I am better than others here. I, without a doubt, am no better or worse than anyone here.

I went and checked my safe and all my guns were gone! I had forgotten about that terrible boating accident where they all sank to the bottom of the ocean. I have had amnesia ever since that day
More a judicious use of metaphor than an actual insult. Consider it a test. If you made an introduction when you joined, Cane would have advised you that you would need a thick skin.

And you lost my Glock through careless boating?! Jeez.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 02-18-2011, 05:05 AM   #43

I'm pretty sure you are correct about the Cane posting, standard for all introductees I believe. It appears I have failed the test, but to be honest, this thread acted very much like a test, and I fear the average score wasn't very high :/.

I'm sorry! I was never good with boats, I'm more of a swimmer anyway. On a side note, thank you for sticking around and allowing me the chance to explain a little more about the thread. I do appreciate it. Infinite respect will be sent to you instead!

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

Old 02-18-2011, 05:06 AM   #44

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Well Panda 8ios. Too bad, I've seen some thoughtful comments from you. Just because I don't share your taste in movies you don't wanna hang out no more. Guess I've had worse disappointments. (Damn the Easter Bunny!)

Old 02-18-2011, 05:27 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
Well Panda 8ios. Too bad, I've seen some thoughtful comments from you. Just because I don't share your taste in movies you don't wanna hang out no more. Guess I've had worse disappointments. (Damn the Easter Bunny!)
It's true, we don't share the the same taste in movies, or at least this one, but I did and still respect your view. Especially because in your post you stated you hadn't seen the movie, explained why in a short manner, and left it at that. So I have to thank you for not going on a huge rant about irrelevant matters. Plus your post represented a large portion of the FTF communities' view on the subject.

Why is it that the late night people I talk to on here are much easier to talk to than the people from earlier? Oh well, the world still turns. On a side note, I am a little afraid of the comments that will be made tomorrow on this subject, if any.

Old 02-18-2011, 05:36 AM   #46

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

There probably won't be any, or few. I think this discussion went better than most that venture into the realm of Michael Moore. Stick around, a good mind is hard to find!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 02-18-2011, 05:45 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerunner View Post
There probably won't be any, or few. I think this discussion went better than most that venture into the realm of Michael Moore. Stick around, a good mind is hard to find!
You are probably right, which is a little terrifying, but I feel like reciprocally, it could have gone that much better. But I do hope you are right, unless people have a contributing comment (positive or negative) about the subject matter, I do hope this thread dies. I hope it doesn't get locked though.

Old 02-18-2011, 06:25 AM   #48

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

So I'm a bit slow on the upchuck. What were you hoping for with this whole line of thought? You want to discuss a gun-hating, America-hating film makers piece of prejudiced swill with a bunch of gun owning, America loving guys and expect what? We think he's an ass hat. I've never seen one of his movies but I've seen him on news programs and I know he's an ass hat. So what do want to hear? He's an artistic ass hat? OK, maybe he is, but I don't really see this as a basis for a meaningful discussion. Enough of this dreck. I will not view this thread again, except by accident.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:23 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
So I'm a bit slow on the upchuck. What were you hoping for with this whole line of thought? You want to discuss a gun-hating, America-hating film makers piece of prejudiced swill with a bunch of gun owning, America loving guys and expect what? We think he's an ass hat. I've never seen one of his movies but I've seen him on news programs and I know he's an ass hat. So what do want to hear? He's an artistic ass hat? OK, maybe he is, but I don't really see this as a basis for a meaningful discussion. Enough of this dreck. I will not view this thread again, except by accident.
Sigh, yes and no. I wanted to discuss what people thought of particular opinions WITHIN the movie. For example, who was to blame for Columbine? I wanted to discuss what the movie said about it, but then I wanted to move to the more important part, which is what you all thought about it, totally regardless of the movie. The movie was just an introduction into the smaller topics. I said all of this earlier. I stated in my very first post that I knew you all hated Moore, so why would I want to talk about that? I wouldn't.

tl;dr- I wanted to use the movie to get into the topics that are discussed in it while using the movie as a particular, but not necessary, reference to come back to should we stray to far off topic, or would want to move into another one.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:30 AM   #50

Liked 2614 Times on 1181 Posts
Likes Given: 2536

I believe they all gave you their honest opinions of MM and his movies. You can't ask someone for their opinion and then put rules and stipulations on what and how they can to tell you their opinions. That's exactly what PC is all about. That's what libs do "you can debate me but don't say anything I won't like". WTF?