Bowling For Columbine - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Bowling For Columbine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2011, 12:29 AM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 85 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzscubie View Post
Mods, please lock this thread and lets move on.. nothing else needs to be said.

Scubie
I agree....lock it down.

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 02-18-2011, 02:21 AM   #32

Liked 438 Times on 296 Posts
Likes Given: 134

I am sorely disappointed in this forum. Seriously. I respected all of your views and simply wanted to talk about a movie that has a great deal to do with guns. I BEGGED that this remain a civil discussion and most of you blew that right out of the water. I understood from the beginning that we wouldn't see eye to eye, but you all turn around and attack me personally just because I have a different view that you? I'm sorry but thats disgusting. The reason I'm just responding now is because I am a night person (as you will see on many of the times that I post). As far as the Glock in my picture? That is 100% mine along with a few other rifles and such. I was hoping just one person would be semi-understanding of what I was trying to do, but you all got so defensive so quickly that you have killed any chance for an actual discussion. Now, somebody was nice enough earlier to accuse me of coming onto this forum from some liberal agenda just t mess with you all.... I hope you were kidding. I've been here almost a year, if I was going to do that, I would most certainly have planned something better than this.

Just as a frame of reference for you all here's a fun little fact: I don't believe in the bible, but I don't go around telling everyone who believes in it that they're "an ignorant a**hole" or that god and the church is just there to take there money. Why don't I comment? because I havn't read the bible, and I couldn't possible know the churches' intentions. I don't pretend to know things.

As far as trying to learn from other people in this thread, I certainly have. This will be my last post here because most of you have expressed that when somebody has a different view and they wish to discuss it, they will be ridiculed and entirely ignored. If you didn't want to talk about the movie, then you don't have to post in a thread. I am really sorry things went this way. Have a great night

TheSadPanda

Old 02-18-2011, 02:40 AM   #33

Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 47

I don't mind an opposing viewpoint and only intended to point out that the movie is NOT a true documentary.

Even Michael Moore admitted that it was not and said, "Who cares?" He said it was HIS viewpoint and he made a movie to fit that viewpoint.

Your post seemed to take the movie at face value, and the responses merely pointed out how naive that is. It was PURE propaganda, and we all reconize it as such.

Should we give any credibility to the Nazi films that said the Jews were subhuman and fit only for extermination? B4C is the same thing, but about guns.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 02-18-2011, 02:56 AM   #34

M14- you've coaxed me into responding. You are not one of the people I was referring to (Even though I don't want to point fingers) I had said in my first post "I learned to not believe everything somebody says, and you should learn the facts". I had also said in one of my other posts that I had no doubt there was a "Moore agenda" in there. I wanted to be able to get into these particular things with people without them shi*ing a brick of anger and throwing it at me... I asked about a movie and almost EVERBODY talked about Moore without even saying a thing about the movie or Columbine in general.

Now I have to give respect when respect is due. I would like to thank M14, Sniper03, tomharkness, and tothe few other people who atleast somewhat stayed on topic.

Sniper03- I'm really trying to close up on this thread since it was such a total disaster, but I do want to let you know that I agree with A LOT of what you said, and I would have really liked to get into that discussion with you.

Old 02-18-2011, 03:14 AM   #35

Liked 34 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I never watched it and so far, nothing here entices me to watch it or any of Moore's "films". Interesting discussion, it affirms much of what I believe Michael Moore intended when he made this and his other "Anti" movies. He is a mediocre film maker at best, and panders to the left leaning majority in Hollywood.

In before the lock!

Old 02-18-2011, 03:36 AM   #36

Good on ya Panda for sticking around.

The tone of your posts almost had an air of "Michael Moore is credible". That is why everyone was "emotional". He has none.

Everyone here is passionate about gun rights, so don't go anywhere.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 02-18-2011, 04:03 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Good on ya Panda for sticking around.

The tone of your posts almost had an air of "Michael Moore is credible". That is why everyone was "emotional". He has none.

Everyone here is passionate about gun rights, so don't go anywhere.
I'm just sticking around to close this thread up and speak to anyone who has something to say to me or about the topic (though doubtful). After that I will be gone. I can not even begin to forgive someone who will call me mentally retarded over the internet. The majority of the thread consists of people doing exactly what I asked them not to do. I can't affiliate myself with people like that. As far as I remember you were the only person who referenced the movie at all. (the speech scene) This could have been a great discussion covering many topics, including; the signs before tragedies, why people do these things, what can we do, who is to blame (beyond the obvious), and many more. I chose this movie because it touches on those subjects (even if you don't agree with them) and allows the subject to be opened up to debate. But no, people had to go absolutely nuts that I said Michael Moore and I enjoyed the movie because it got me to look into these subjects ON MY OWN. I can't look past this behavior. I could tolerate it from the other people my age because I don't expect them to have developed the skill to discuss, considering its a rarity nowadays, but I expected more out of this group. I still feel I did nothing wrong trying to discover the opinion of people on the the other side of an opinion than mine. And for the record, I am far from being a fully adequate debator, but I still try.

Old 02-18-2011, 04:19 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadPanda View Post
I'm just sticking around to close this thread up and speak to anyone who has something to say to me or about the topic (though doubtful). After that I will be gone. I can not even begin to forgive someone who will call me mentally retarded over the internet. The majority of the thread consists of people doing exactly what I asked them not to do. I can't affiliate myself with people like that. As far as I remember you were the only person who referenced the movie at all. (the speech scene) This could have been a great discussion covering many topics, including; the signs before tragedies, why people do these things, what can we do, who is to blame (beyond the obvious), and many more. I chose this movie because it touches on those subjects (even if you don't agree with them) and allows the subject to be opened up to debate. But no, people had to go absolutely nuts that I said Michael Moore and I enjoyed the movie because it got me to look into these subjects ON MY OWN. I can't look past this behavior. I could tolerate it from the other people my age because I don't expect them to have developed the skill to discuss, considering its a rarity nowadays, but I expected more out of this group. I still feel I did nothing wrong trying to discover the opinion of people on the the other side of an opinion than mine. And for the record, I am far from being a fully adequate debator, but I still try.
I did not see anyone calling you mentally retarded, Panda. If you want more in depth study of the the movie, read posts 29 and 30 in this thread.

Most of us on FTF have been drummed on way harder than you have been in this thread. This thread has been pretty tame.

Leave if you want, but nobody is asking you to.

But if you do leave, it is customary to send me your Glock. Somewhere in the rules (that you agreed to when you joined) is a section that deals with self bannishment, and the forfeiture of at least one firearm to the member who has engaged the poster most calmly in their last thread. Check for yourself.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

Old 02-18-2011, 04:30 AM   #39

Read replies 15 and 19, you will see what I am talking about. Posts 29 & 30 were very close to the kind of things I was looking for. IMO good posts for this thread. But it is WAY too late for that. I don't mind a drumming at all, as long as I deserve it. I just don't feel I did anything to get anything other than a little respect and maybe a good discussion.

I'm not gonna lie, that last part made me laugh But in order to send it to you I am going to need a copy of your address, driver's license, your social security card, and your credit card info.

Old 02-18-2011, 04:38 AM   #40

#15 is one of the gentler posts that I've seen from Spitty. He has shredded me WAY worse than that merely for owning Glocks.

#19 only made mention that you might need meds. Coming from an officer of the law who is known to eat raw meat, I'd say you got off light.

So, pay up. I want my new Glock. Chop, chop.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI