Bowling For Columbine - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Bowling For Columbine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2011, 05:33 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I have never seen the movie. I don't care to, I don't need to. I don't care to provide a dime to Michael Moore. Joke him and the horse he rode up on.

Old 02-17-2011, 05:42 AM   #12

Liked 379 Times on 252 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
I have never seen the movie. I don't care to, I don't need to. I don't care to provide a dime to Michael Moore. Joke him and the horse he rode up on.
I have a feeling there's a large portion of this forum that feels the exact same way, and everybody here is more than entitled to that opinion. I wouldn't hold it against you for even a second.

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

Old 02-17-2011, 11:19 AM   #13

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

I will not watch anything that has anything to do with michael moore

Old 02-17-2011, 11:23 AM   #14

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
I will not watch anything that has anything to do with michael moore
Huge agreement from me. That "person" needs to go live somewhere else - maybe France???

B4C is very old news - why do you bring this up now?

Old 02-17-2011, 11:32 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I think it is nothing but a giant piece of crap with a goal of aiding the anti gunners so they can completely disarm America. I question why you even bother to bring it up now, years after the fact and on a gun forum. Between this thread and your statement of not wanting to join the NRA I really question why you are here. Is that glock you have pictured even yours?

I watched it a year or so after it was made for a couple of reasons but made sure that fat, America hating Moore didn't get a dime from me. The stupidity and ignorance he showed in that "movie" is paralleled in everything he says. This country would be better off without him and his propeganda.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 02-17-2011, 11:52 AM   #16

Well, I did not see the movie and have only heard bits and pieces of M. Moore talk. Just listening to him talk is like listening to fingernails on the chalkboard.... but lets talk about Columbine: that I know about.

First: a 15 year old boy, a 16 year old boy, and a 19 year old boy begin buying pistols and carbines (Hi-Points were some). Then they start buying 100's of rounds of ammunition for these handguns and carbines. Then they start purchasing materials to build low order and high order detonation bombs. The put together more than 90 separate Low order detonation bombs and several more high order detonation bombs (>2000fps). All of this is done over a period of 18 months. By the time they have completed the project, they have just over 100 bombs, 2 carbines, and ? handguns. They are also now ages 17, 18, and 20 years of age.

They methodically place one high order detonation bomb in a vehicle in the North part of town and another in the South part of town... in order to distract and delay first responders. Then they place a high order detonation bomb in a vehicle where first responders and LEO's will probably park when they do respond. Then they place several more bombs inside the school so that they will collapse the building onto children during lunch. Then they sit quietly on a nearby "Grassy Knoll" so as to shoot students that survive the blast as they exit.

The final outcome was that the bombs failed to detonate and the boys decided to simply move into the school and shoot as many as they could

The bottom line here is: Where the hell were the parents over this 18 months of planning and preparations? Where the hell was our overly oppressive government while these children were purchasing firearms that only adults can purchase? Where the hell was that part of the story when Mr. Moore was trying to blame everyone but the boys and their sad excuses for adult leadership?

No... it was the NRA's fault; the guns fault.... everyone's else's fault.

Bottom/Bottom line is this: if you have children and they can build 100 bombs, buy illegal handguns and ammunition, and store it all in your garage for more than 20 minutes without you knowing something is wrong.... then you SUCK AS A PARENT!!!!

Last edited by tomharkness; 02-17-2011 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Corrected the ages of the boys

Old 02-17-2011, 12:03 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomharkness View Post
Bottom/Bottom line is this: if you have children and they can build 100 bombs, buy illegal handguns and ammunition, and store it all in your garage for more than 20 minutes without you knowing something is wrong.... then you SUCK AS A PARENT!!!!
I like this statement.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 02-17-2011, 12:30 PM   #18

What I am waiting for is Mr. Moore doing a documentary about parents that do not supervise their children. It would be interesting to hear how Mr. Moore would address questions like:

1. How did minor children get hold of these types of weapons without an adult?
2. Could there have been an adult involved? Should there have?
3. How were the parents distracted so as to not see bombs, guns, and ammo in the garage for more than a year? and no.... Rush Limbaugh is only on for 3 hours a day, so that does not count.
4. If these children had issues with a few bullies in the school, then why did they plan on killing hundreds of students and teachers?
5. If poverty causes children to be angry and want to lash out in anger, then why did these children live in a "Filthy-Rich" part of Colorado?
6. These children were over the age of 16 and therefore did not have to attend school. If school sucked that bad, then why not transfer, drop out, or ask to be home schooled?
7. How did the NRA and Charlton Heston influence these boys into such hatred?
8. What could the parents have done to prevent this? oops! this might be too much for Mr. Moore.... sorry.

I am sure that Mr. Moore would have some very colorful answers. LOL!!

Old 02-17-2011, 01:15 PM   #19
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2738 Times on 1434 Posts
Likes Given: 231

To believe ANY thing that comes out of Michael Moore's mouth is, at the very least, naive. I will not spend one red cent toward MM and his lies, distortion and propaganda. Yes Goebbels would be proud of MM's work. I have heard that Moore made over $20 million from the 9-11 movie and has not given one penny to the victims or their families. Now he is bickering over more money (I believe about $2 million) he feels he is owed from that project.

He is an anti-gun, anti-American slime ball of the highest order. He is certainly on my list of people who would not receive one drop of urinary relief should his body be aflame.

If you are, as you claim, a gun owner and are willing to give him the time of day, you likely need medication.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 02-17-2011, 01:16 PM   #20

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
To believe ANY thing that comes out of Michael Moore's mouth is, at the very least, naive. I will not spend one red cent toward MM and his lies, distortion and propaganda. Yes Goebbels would be proud of MM's work. I have heard that Moore made over $20 million from the 9-11 movie and has not given one penny to the victims or their families. Now he is bickering over more money (I believe about $2 million) he feels he is owed from that project.

He is an anti-gun, anti-American slime ball of the highest order. He is certainly on my list of people who would not receive one drop of urinary relief should his body be aflame.

If you are, as you claim, a gun owner and are willing to give him the time of day, you likely need medication.
I'd say this thread is pretty much wrapped up. Excellent job there Robo!