Boston do not need shotguns or rifles. - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Boston do not need shotguns or rifles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2014, 05:30 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 57 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 27

[QUOT]“Our position is really very, very simple,” said Wayne Sampson, executive director of the Massachusetts Chiefs of Police Association. “We, as an association, believe that it’s unconscionable that if we determine a person is unsuitable to carry a handgun, that they can then turn around and apply for a Firearms Identification Card, which allows them, by law, to purchase rifles and shotguns. And there’s no way we can impose any restrictions on that. It just doesn’t make sense.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/07/24/police-chiefs-gun-rights-advocates-at-odds-over-discretion-in-massachusetts/[/QUOTE]

What a non-argument by the police chief. Total homicides by shotguns and rifles, including the other category, or 725 in the entire country, or .23 per 100,000 and a total statewide murder rate of 1.8 per 100,000 which is down from the previous year. The blatant disregard of statistical information by this guy is just outstanding. I just hope some Massachusetts blogger takes this ******* to task because he has essentially given an idiot-lob ball for the idiot home run derby.

Old 07-28-2014, 05:40 PM   #32
Troll Scout

Liked 1205 Times on 650 Posts
Likes Given: 736

We do realize this is not about keeping citizens safe.....right?

Or even the beloved LE......right?

Old 07-28-2014, 05:52 PM   #33

Liked 57 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNGMSTR View Post
We do realize this is not about keeping citizens safe.....right?

Or even the beloved LE......right?
Oh believe me I know, these jerks only care about appearances and votes.

I am grateful that the anti-gunners are so lazy and sloppy in this the age of ubiquitous information and communication. I can think of few causes in the US that have been so helped by the rise of the internet as gun rights.

Old 07-28-2014, 07:31 PM   #34
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2662 Times on 1451 Posts
Likes Given: 762

The anti gun police officials are anxious for the police state to come about and are pushing very hard to get in place. It has nothing to do with protecting the citizens but everything to do with controlling the populace. While poor people are flocking here to take advantage of our forced generosity many Americans are leaving the country permanently and taking their money with them. One of the reasons for the new currency law that went into effect July 1st.
Many of us have watched movies depicting the crime that will run rampant when it becomes an armed conflict between heavily armed police and heavily armed criminals with no holds barred while the unarmed populace is in the crossfire. The movies are close to reality in this case as there is a prime example in Mexico where the cartels have taken over many areas. Despite the controls in the Soviet Union the Russian Mafia flourished. At one time the Italian Mafia was preferred to the corrupt government. It can and will happen again anytime a government gets out of control and into control. The criminal/lawless element will become the new Robin Hoods.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I was taught to respect my elders but they are getting harder to find.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-28-2014, 08:06 PM   #35
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7640 Times on 3905 Posts
Likes Given: 8630

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
Many of us have watched movies depicting the crime that will run rampant when it becomes an armed conflict between heavily armed police and heavily armed criminals with no holds barred while the unarmed populace is in the crossfire. The movies are close to reality in this case as there is a prime example in Mexico where the cartels have taken over many areas. Despite the controls in the Soviet Union the Russian Mafia flourished. At one time the Italian Mafia was preferred to the corrupt government. It can and will happen again anytime a government gets out of control and into control. The criminal/lawless element will become the new Robin Hoods.
You dont have to watch movies, just look at the War On Drugs. Perfect example and Prohibition in the Roaring 20's. Al Capone wasnt hated by everyone, someone was getting paid to run and others were paying to drink his booze! Even the LE's were making big bucks fighting the booze, win, win some might say...
Old 07-29-2014, 07:00 PM   #36

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernandoTheCommando View Post
I agree. I live in Rhode island. Thankfully our people have done a great job of keeping those nasty laws in Ct and Ma from influencing our state. We don't have an awb and a bill the same as new York's safe act was shut down pretty fast. We have a strong group of 2a supporters who remain vigilant when an anti gun bill is introduced. The worst things about this state, in regards to gun laws, is the "may issue" carry permits. It's nearly impossible to get one. I hope that new Hampshire stays free, because if RI gets any worse then I'm moving there. I'm sorry to the southern states if some of our liberal democrat folks move down there. It isn't fair to try to change a way of life that has been the same for centuries. If I moved down south I know I'd love it as I've spent a large amount of time south of the mason Dixon.
Actually, its only "may issue" if its through the AG. The cities that do have a permitting process, according to the law, are supposed to be "shall issue" cities. But hey, why would the police follow the law? I have a friend who has tried 3 times in EP, and the chief keeps denying him. He told me that they do whatever you can to talk you out of it. He finally lawyered up, but its going to be a long fight. Also, whats with the 25 yard shooting? I mean lets be realistic here, thats a little overkill if you ask me.

Last edited by Cshooter; 07-29-2014 at 07:03 PM.

Old 07-31-2014, 03:22 AM   #37

Liked 505 Times on 297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cshooter View Post
Actually, its only "may issue" if its through the AG. The cities that do have a permitting process, according to the law, are supposed to be "shall issue" cities. But hey, why would the police follow the law? I have a friend who has tried 3 times in EP, and the chief keeps denying him. He told me that they do whatever you can to talk you out of it. He finally lawyered up, but its going to be a long fight. Also, whats with the 25 yard shooting? I mean lets be realistic here, thats a little overkill if you ask me.
Someone from bristol just filed a federal lawsuit against the police chief for denying his permit. He transports large sums of money for work and his rental properties. The town and the police chief kept denying him when he had obvious need for protection. The guy doesn't even have a speeding ticket. I hope he wins. Call it "shall issue" for the towns if you want but its a total farse. Plus, with Rhode island being the smallest state, you could have a town permit, go to your next door neighbors house and it crosses a town line, and now you're committing a felony. It's ridiculous. To me the town permits are a waste of time. I go a mile in either direction from my house and I'm in another town! Great, I can get a carry permit to walk to the convenience store 2 blocks away and that's about it.

Old 07-31-2014, 11:16 PM   #38

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseric View Post
Sorry, but that is not what is going on here.

The Politicians in the Senate worked with the GOAL and came up with a "Compromise" that the GOAL and Gun Owners could endorse.

When Law enforcement and certain Police chiefs got wind that they would not have total and complete power over firearms possession in MA they through a Monkey Wrench into the works and convinced the House to shut it down until they can re-write the bill to give them total control.

This is not about the Liberal Politicians, this is about the "long arm of the Law" over stepping it's bounds and trying to dictate laws and pass legislation.
Thanks for the info. I stand corrected.