Bookfarce bans private firearn sales and restricts <18's from talking about Guns - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Bookfarce bans private firearn sales and restricts <18's from talking about Guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2014, 03:28 PM   #21
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1335 Times on 699 Posts
Likes Given: 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
This is so true.

In Milwaukee every gang goblin arrested with a firearm obtained it from a friend with a clean record. In the last 5 years under police chief Flynn and mayor barret, both hard core anti second leftists only 40 have ever been convicted of selling to prohibeted persons and of those only 7 have served prison time... None were sentenced for the ten year max
It would be a lot of work, but I'd love to have a database of data like this to fight antis with! Major city's District Attorneys and the number of illegal gun sales of which they were aware, the number they prosecuted and the average time served. This would also indict liberal judges on their sentencing guidelines.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Mason609 Likes This 
Old 03-06-2014, 11:18 PM   #22

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
I wonder if FB gives law enforcement privilege to our "private pages" that are supposed to only be visible to our friends?
Don't know but I wouldn't trust anyone's answer to whether they do or not.

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!

Old 03-06-2014, 11:20 PM   #23

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Facebook doesn't care if you delete an account. Your still counted as a facebook user. That's why their subscriber base is so over inflated. Once your a facebooker your always one as far as their marketing and sales numbers are concerned and that's all that matters.
Yea, there is no "Unsubscribe" from facebook. Once they have details about you (signup) then they will keep/achieve it forever.

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!

Old 03-07-2014, 11:33 AM   #24
I don't come with an "edit" option....
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 811 Times on 508 Posts
Likes Given: 4279

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Book farce is limiting Firearm discussions on its "Public Forum". No private sales, minors cant discuss or see discussions about firearms and bans will be handed down (who knows what else)!

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/under-pressure-facebook-announces-major-gun-policy-changes/

I dont Bookface ever but this is just another reason to never do it and erase your account if you do. They own the conversations and ban bad things as they see them. Thats not a principle of our 1a or 2a or any of the BOR's. They own it, let them die with it.

Delete your account or your supporting something that plays right into "For Our Own Good' restrictions we fought and died for!

Just sayin...
1A isn't an issue, as it doesn't apply. FB is not Congress. Just like on here, those that own any social media site can restrict what we say, as it is their property...

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

People Like This 
Old 03-07-2014, 05:45 PM   #25
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6672 Times on 3347 Posts
Likes Given: 7208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason609 View Post
1A isn't an issue, as it doesn't apply. FB is not Congress. Just like on here, those that own any social media site can restrict what we say, as it is their property...
Oh it does apply in the USA, everywhere and everyday. Anyone requiring I surrender either 1a or 2a at the door better do better at protecting my interests than me or they don't need my business. I dont find FTF's Rules restrictive, if I did, I would be gone...

Old 03-08-2014, 08:58 AM   #26
I don't come with an "edit" option....
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 811 Times on 508 Posts
Likes Given: 4279

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Oh it does apply in the USA, everywhere and everyday. Anyone requiring I surrender either 1a or 2a at the door better do better at protecting my interests than me or they don't need my business. I dont find FTF's Rules restrictive, if I did, I would be gone...
Actually, no.

While you do have freedom of speech, it is only protected from a Government attempt at shutting you up.

Privately owned forms of social media like Facebook and Twitter, or forums like FTF can make any policy they want that can restrict what you say.

Quote:
Can websites censor things I say online?
We are often asked this question from potential clients who have had their Internet messages or postings removed by forums, message boards, website operators or ISP’s. Unfortunately, as noted above, the First Amendment only applies to government actors, and not to private website operators. Therefore, assuming the website is acting on its own, and not at the request or on the behalf of some state or federal government authority, no First Amendment right is violated.
From Walters Law Group @ http://www.firstamendment.com/first-amendment/

I understand what you are trying to say, but you seem to be misunderstanding the very basics of the 1A. Unlike the rest of the BoR, this one is worded very specifically, starting with CONGRESS shall make no law..

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere