You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Bookfarce bans private firearn sales and restricts <18's from talking about Guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2014, 01:13 PM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7455 Times on 3974 Posts
Likes Given: 594

Let's stick on topic or I'll have to move it to the politics section.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 03-06-2014, 01:14 PM   #12

Liked 577 Times on 326 Posts
Likes Given: 722

NRA actions - they don't want Illegal guns sold either.

http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/in-the-news/2014/3/brady-group-assails-facebooks-gun-decision-nra-wins.aspx

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!
Apyl Likes This 
Old 03-06-2014, 01:14 PM   #13

Liked 2225 Times on 1528 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
I wonder if Facebook will allow discussions about constitutionally protected responses to tyranny by our own government?
I wonder if FB gives law enforcement privilege to our "private pages" that are supposed to only be visible to our friends?

Old 03-06-2014, 01:17 PM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
I wonder if FB gives law enforcement privilege to our "private pages" that are supposed to only be visible to our friends?
Probably since there is no privilige unless your talking to your lawyer doctor or priesty type. They would still need a warrant as there is an expectation of privacy. Getting a warrant for such things is on the order of presenting a friendly judge with a ink pen...
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-06-2014, 01:28 PM   #15

Liked 30 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Interesting, from what I read and heard FB is only deleting posts in regards to gun sales that are illegal. And the sites/groups that do have sales or advertisements just need to post their states gun laws. How hard is it to copy and paste the state gun laws and add it to a FB page. It will take the person in charge of the page a whole 30 seconds. If its that big of a hassle to include the gun laws then go somewhere else to do it. If its to hard to sell a gun legally then the person has no right selling the gun. Its not that big of an issue. Of course the change FB is adding will be blown way out of proportion.
I have a FB account, have had it for 6 or 7 years now. I'm not going to stop using it just because they want people to be legal when selling guns. Now if they went thru and banned every gun related page and group and banned all talk of guns then sure I would leave.

Old 03-06-2014, 01:40 PM   #16
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8293 Times on 4265 Posts
Likes Given: 9560

Im prolly just an oversensitive New Yorker!

Old 03-06-2014, 02:11 PM   #17

Liked 3639 Times on 2074 Posts
Likes Given: 2535

Thanks for the heads up WF38, I've had a Farcebook account for several years and never used it. You gave me the reason to go & permanently delete my account.

Old 03-06-2014, 02:15 PM   #18
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
Thanks for the heads up WF38, I've had a Farcebook account for several years and never used it. You gave me the reason to go & permanently delete my account.
Facebook doesn't care if you delete an account. Your still counted as a facebook user. That's why their subscriber base is so over inflated. Once your a facebooker your always one as far as their marketing and sales numbers are concerned and that's all that matters.

wittmeba Likes This 
Old 03-06-2014, 02:15 PM   #19
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1468 Times on 773 Posts
Likes Given: 634

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Im prolly just an oversensitive New Yorker!
No, I don't think so. With everything the antis are doing, and the successes they've had in NY, CA and CT, it's hard to see something as large as FB side with them as well. However, if what MMC says is correct, then FB just paid lip service to the antis to get rid of them, which is appreciated.

We all want gun sales to be legal, and don't wish criminals, children or the mentally deficient to be in possession. But we need to make those in power realize the laws already exist, they just need to start enforcing them instead of passing new ones.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)
People Like This 
Old 03-06-2014, 03:17 PM   #20
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
No, I don't think so. With everything the antis are doing, and the successes they've had in NY, CA and CT, it's hard to see something as large as FB side with them as well. However, if what MMC says is correct, then FB just paid lip service to the antis to get rid of them, which is appreciated.

We all want gun sales to be legal, and don't wish criminals, children or the mentally deficient to be in possession. But we need to make those in power realize the laws already exist, they just need to start enforcing them instead of passing new ones.

This is so true.

In Milwaukee every gang goblin arrested with a firearm obtained it from a friend with a clean record. In the last 5 years under police chief Flynn and mayor barret, both hard core anti second leftists only 40 have ever been convicted of selling to prohibeted persons and of those only 7 have served prison time... None were sentenced for the ten year max

TekGreg Likes This