Bloombergs' $50 million: kind of a big deal
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Bloombergs' $50 million: kind of a big deal

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2014, 02:22 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Great North Woods
Posts: 2,574
Liked 2049 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Default Bloombergs' $50 million: kind of a big deal

I don't know about anyone else here, but I do believe that the latest efforts by Ex-NYC Mayor Bloomberg (a $50 million push) are going to be a thorn in our 2nd Amendment's side. 50 mil + a very cooperative media, I might add.

WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL? the 'big deal' is that Bloomberg is organizing anti-gun women's groups along with other efforts. The new lobbying group, called Everytown for Gun Safety, will encompass other gun control groups funded by Bloomberg, Mayors Against Illegal Guns and Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America. The real aim here - and this is not a veiled agenda - is to make 'gun control' a hot button for women much in the same way abortion rights are, healthcare, etc. "They say, 'We don’t care. We’re going to go after you,'" he said of the NRA. "'If you don’t vote with us we’re going to go after your kids and your grandkids and your great-grandkids. And we’re never going to stop.'" Bloomberg's group will target 15 states

I imagine at the root of all of this will be $$ going into the campaigns of anti-gun candidates. I imagine a lot of commercials that play on people's emotions.

Look, Obama got elected twice so let's be honest about the American voter: clearly too many of us are plain stupid. So tactics like this have and will work. They are proven. So this effort will most likely gain some traction. My concern at this point is: what are we going to do to counter it?

bloombergmayor.jpg  
__________________
chloeshooter is offline  
wittmeba Likes This 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 04-18-2014, 02:40 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
wittmeba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: The state for Lovers
Posts: 1,097
Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

Default

I don't know if the media is getting paid "under the table" but it has been clearly evident that the media will print what puts money in their pocket...whether under the table, scuttlebutt or just good news.

They don't seem much more interested in facts and truth than the anti-gun politicians.

Yes Bloomberg's money will be a problem. Counter it by staying alert and do what we can to fight back.

__________________
NRA Member - Over 5,000,000 strong!
Criminals don't discriminate. They will attack anywhere!

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!
wittmeba is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:55 PM   #3
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
WebleyFosbery38's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Irish Settlement CNY
Posts: 5,672
Liked 6324 Times on 3155 Posts
Likes Given: 6804

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
I don't know about anyone else here, but I do believe that the latest efforts by Ex-NYC Mayor Bloomberg (a $50 million push) are going to be a thorn in our 2nd Amendment's side. 50 mil + a very cooperative media, I might add.

WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL? the 'big deal' is that Bloomberg is organizing anti-gun women's groups along with other efforts. The new lobbying group, called Everytown for Gun Safety, will encompass other gun control groups funded by Bloomberg, Mayors Against Illegal Guns and Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America. The real aim here - and this is not a veiled agenda - is to make 'gun control' a hot button for women much in the same way abortion rights are, healthcare, etc. "They say, 'We don’t care. We’re going to go after you,'" he said of the NRA. "'If you don’t vote with us we’re going to go after your kids and your grandkids and your great-grandkids. And we’re never going to stop.'" Bloomberg's group will target 15 states

I imagine at the root of all of this will be $$ going into the campaigns of anti-gun candidates. I imagine a lot of commercials that play on people's emotions.

Look, Obama got elected twice so let's be honest about the American voter: clearly too many of us are plain stupid. So tactics like this have and will work. They are proven. So this effort will most likely gain some traction. My concern at this point is: what are we going to do to counter it?
I think it will have the opposite effect!
__________________
WebleyFosbery38 is offline  
sputnik1988 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:01 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Great North Woods
Posts: 2,574
Liked 2049 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
I think it will have the opposite effect!
while I certainly hope you are correct on that, I have my suspicions you are not
__________________
chloeshooter is offline  
Mason609 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 04:42 PM   #5
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
WebleyFosbery38's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Irish Settlement CNY
Posts: 5,672
Liked 6324 Times on 3155 Posts
Likes Given: 6804

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
while I certainly hope you are correct on that, I have my suspicions you are not
Heres the interesting thing, nobody cared about Albany Andy or Bloomturd before they rose up against the 2a with laws. Now upstaters are connecting in ways we never cared to in the past, even connecting with others outside of our state and word speads fast even if the "Fwee Pwess" isnt willing to report half of the stories.

The Libs got the jump on us in networking but were moving along at an ever growing pace now and were starting to see the winds of change changing again, under our own steam not just fighting back theirs. Less than 10% of the Dangerous Ass weapons Andy said would be registered got registered on deadline. Even if they overblew the numbers to start, thats a clear sign NY'ers are less than ready to comply with Andy's Law, thats kinda huge kids!

Conservatives and Repubs as a whole arent all that social, were mostly busy doing not talking about what others are doing! Our voices are growing, we need to harmonize in ways were not so comfortable doing. If we do that, bloomies 50 million will only be a writeoff at the end of the year. Women and minorities arent stupid, they will see the tradeoff of their own self defense for call 911 and wait isnt one the can live with.
__________________
WebleyFosbery38 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:30 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JW357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6,724
Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Default

What we need is for someone to steal all of Bloomy's monies.

Any volunteers?

No? Well ok then. I don't have a lot of money sitting around. Certainly not 50mil. But I will be upgrading to NRA life membership. For myself and my wife. Possibly my kiddos too.

I'll not stop writing Congressmen either, when there's legislation on the table that can hurt us.

__________________

Always have clean socks.

JW357 is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:49 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 615
Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
What we need is for someone to steal all of Bloomy's monies.

Any volunteers?

No? Well ok then. I don't have a lot of money sitting around. Certainly not 50mil. But I will be upgrading to NRA life membership. For myself and my wife. Possibly my kiddos too.

I'll not stop writing Congressmen either, when there's legislation on the table that can hurt us.
That's great, and I bet alot of others are doing the same thing. I am an Endowment member of the NRA and my wife is a Life member. We are both retired and living on a fixed income but every month month we make sure to send a few bucks to the NRA-ILA, the NRA political arm.
__________________
Warrior1256 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:19 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Shoobee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Commiefornia USA
Posts: 1,552
Liked 199 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 109

Default

Since the SCOTUS has already spoken on the issue, in Heller, and since Bloomberg is not blind, he can read the opinion and see where it leads.

__________________
Shoobee is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 05:33 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mason609's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Quincy,MA
Posts: 1,475
Liked 682 Times on 418 Posts
Likes Given: 3948

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoobee View Post
Since the SCOTUS has already spoken on the issue, in Heller, and since Bloomberg is not blind, he can read the opinion and see where it leads.
Yes, he can read the opinion. But, he's not going to follow it. He hasn't yet, so why start now?

You seem to fail to understand that the antis are going to do whatever they want, regardless of the fact that they can't.
__________________

Insert witty comment here......


Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Mason609 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 07:04 AM   #10
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,218
Liked 8456 Times on 4899 Posts
Likes Given: 11022

Default

Take a look at the facebook page "Everytown For Gun Safety". Seriously, take a look. https://www.facebook.com/Everytownforgunsafety

Our allies have created the page using Bloomie's name! LOL! It was created on April 14th 2014 to promote firearms safety. I wonder if Bloomie would offer $50 million to the NRA for the name

__________________

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Vikingdad is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
ruger blackhawk 41 mag-deal or no deal? mtwillis Revolver Handguns 32 07-25-2013 03:43 AM
winchester 1300 home defender deal? Mossberg 500 deal? beastmode986 General Shotgun Discussion 7 06-24-2013 11:23 PM
Deal or No deal, Colt Mustang SHSBulldog06 Semi-Auto Handguns 9 01-24-2010 09:31 PM
What would you do with $150 Million? hillbilly68 The Club House 17 01-26-2009 11:47 PM