Bloomberg strikes again - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Bloomberg strikes again

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2011, 12:08 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
Anyone can buy a magazine here but can't buy a handgun if they are from out of state. That is federal law. Now if a civilian from the PRK bought a 33 rnd mag and got caught taking it home, he would be in trouble with his authorities.
Yet, oddly enough, I can leave the state of CA with full cap mags to shoot in another state and bring them back with me when I come back into the state. All that without stopping to declare them.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 02-01-2011, 01:37 AM   #12

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

So what does that hose-bag Bloomberg hope to accomplish by all this? Horrify the idiots who are already horrified that Americans can own guns?

Old 02-01-2011, 01:45 AM   #13

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
So what does that hose-bag Bloomberg hope to accomplish by all this? Horrify the idiots who are already horrified that Americans can own guns?
Control. Also to satisfy his ego that he knows better for you. For years he has spouted off how safe the city is, how great mass transit it, how he rides the subway, blah, b;ah, blah ... Yet what he doesn't tell people is the size of his security detail or that the transit lines he uses are some of the busiest and therefore most patrolled lines in the city. The guy is a complete phony bs piece of ****!

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 02-01-2011, 11:58 AM   #14

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
The guy is a complete phony bs piece of !
Fixed it for you. As for Bloomberg running stings in other states, couldn't he be charged with violation of federal firearms regulations regarding straw man purchases? These charges could be additive after his bulls**t in other states as well. He's got no authority outside of NYC so anything he does elsewhere in the state of New York or any other state should be vehemently protested by the mayors of those cities and the governors of those states.

Old 02-01-2011, 12:53 PM   #15

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

The problem is the mayor in Phoenix is cut from the same cloth. Our Governor on the other hand should speak up about it and we are waiting for her to do so.

Bloomberg was simply doing it as a publicity stunt. If I were in New York city I would be pissed that he spent over $100K on something that does nothing for the city.