Blog about the Growing trend of gun bans in public businesses - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Blog about the Growing trend of gun bans in public businesses

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2014, 02:18 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1336 Times on 895 Posts
Likes Given: 857

Quote:
I'm guessing that Kroger's has a No-Shirt-No-Shoes policy, so the fat ass with no shirt would no be welcome, but the biker chick with the AR would be.
I guess my conditioning told me that the woman with the gun was not allowed. Apparently I missed the totally pro-gun attitude of the article.

I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

Old 09-07-2014, 02:36 PM   #22

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseric View Post
The gist of this thread is carry and open carry. Are you saying you "Carry" your firearms on a Plane?
No, you have to check your guns and ammo. You cannot carry your gun on the plane. There has never been a time when you could carry a gun on a plane. Even law enforcement has to jump through hoops to carry a gun on a plane.

It is very obvious I didn't mean I carry a gun on a plane in my post. Why would a baggage handler need to bring my gun to me if I had it on my person?

My point was you can travel with you guns with very little effort. Why would you insist on having your gun on a plane? Planning on shooting the stewardess if your beer is hot?

Old 09-07-2014, 02:57 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1392 Times on 750 Posts
Likes Given: 790

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmPaTerry View Post
I do not use a doctor that has his office posted. Recently, we scheduled with a new dentist, and upon arrival to pick up the pre-treatment papers, we saw the sign forbidding weapons. Drove home, called them, canceled the appointment. They tried to say it would be OK, but I explained that TN law FORBIDS armed entry into a posted place, with penalty that includes revocation of CCW!!

We are old. Never attend a school event for any reason.

NFL games - never. Don't care about organized team sports of any kind.

Airports - no, we never fly. We were irritated when the airlines lost our luggage, but when they lost the plane my wife was on, I swore off flying on any commercial flight for any reason.
We have two Major Hospitals and dozens of smaller clinics in the City I live it. Each and every one of them has a no Guns sign posted. You want any medical care in this city, you are asked to leave the firearm home.
I say asked as none of them post "Compliant" signs and not at every entrance as required by law.

Dentist offices are different, some post, some do not, chiropractors same, same some do some do not.

Old 09-07-2014, 02:59 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1392 Times on 750 Posts
Likes Given: 790

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
I guess my conditioning told me that the woman with the gun was not allowed. Apparently I missed the totally pro-gun attitude of the article.
You missed the totally ANTI-GUN attitude of the article.

Old 09-07-2014, 05:42 PM   #25

Liked 1336 Times on 895 Posts
Likes Given: 857

LOL, I missed something, that's for sure. I'm confused.
I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

Old 09-08-2014, 01:39 AM   #26

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn-cindy View Post
But if they do not allow me the opportunity to defend myself.....does that not then make them responsible for my safety....I see where they could get in legal trouble either way....?
This is a good point. Force the businesses to guaranty they are responsible 100% for your safety while you are on their property (also true of shopping malls).

Of course they will not want to go to the expense of hiring that many guards, so you have hit them in the pocketbook.

rn-cindy Likes This