BLM proposal
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > BLM proposal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2011, 07:16 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 134 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 243

Default BLM proposal

this blows tumbleweed!!!

Obama Pushing Shooters Off Public Lands - Washington Whispers (usnews.com)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-16-2011, 08:31 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
If the draft policy is finally approved, some public access to Bureau lands to hunters would also be limited, potentially reducing areas deer, elk, and bear hunters can use in the West.
from the cited article.

Oh hell no! No more limitations on the bear hunters dangit!

You know, i would bet that ATV's and joggers and boaters probably do as much if not more damage as recreational shooters.

BLM - Bullcrap Land Mongers! It isn't "ours" if the feds run it.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:08 PM   #3
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
It isn't "ours" if the feds run it.
Whether you're talking land, money or health care, you're damned right!

Old 11-16-2011, 10:22 PM   #4

Why do we even have a BLM, USFS, USDA etc., etc.!

Keep feeding the machine, and the bears will make Orangellos fears a nightmare!

I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.
-Ayn Rand

Old 11-16-2011, 10:34 PM   #5
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordo323 View Post
Why do we even have a BLM, USFS, USDA etc., etc.!
Exactly! That's the question that should be asked and it's good to see more people asking it!

Old 11-16-2011, 11:45 PM   #6

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
from the cited article.

Oh hell no! No more limitations on the bear hunters dangit!

You know, i would bet that ATV's and joggers and boaters probably do as much if not more damage as recreational shooters.

BLM - Bullcrap Land Mongers! It isn't "ours" if the feds run it.
Where I live at, we have Arkabutla lake and a huge corps of engineers area out there. Several years back, it was the exact opposite of this. ATVers, were banned from the area for causing too much damage. Hunters got almost exclusive use of the area, with the exception of a few recreational hikers. Incidentally, the hunters were now the only ones allowed to use an ATV on that land. They were allowed to use it on that land if the killed game that was too big to haul out by hand. And it was pretty much up to the hunter to decide what was too big and what wasn't.

Old 11-17-2011, 12:45 AM   #7

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

(suggested by a friend)--->So then suppressors will no longer be NFA regulated so we can avoid *freaking out* urban dwellers who venture out to rural areas? Ok, fine.

QUICKSAND - GEMTECH

Be Well.

Last edited by neilage66; 11-17-2011 at 01:47 AM.

Old 11-17-2011, 02:01 AM   #8

Liked 759 Times on 484 Posts
Likes Given: 238

This year the BLM banned target shooting on 71,000 acres near me.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 11-17-2011, 03:47 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Where I live at, we have Arkabutla lake and a huge corps of engineers area out there. Several years back, it was the exact opposite of this. ATVers, were banned from the area for causing too much damage. Hunters got almost exclusive use of the area, with the exception of a few recreational hikers. Incidentally, the hunters were now the only ones allowed to use an ATV on that land. They were allowed to use it on that land if the killed game that was too big to haul out by hand. And it was pretty much up to the hunter to decide what was too big and what wasn't.
Ahhhh Arkabutla; those wind warnings are there for a reason. Do not try to cross that thing in an empty fiberglass canoe; wind can be strong.

Another story about that lake: Probably seven or eight years ago, they decided to drain the lake down significantly to maintain water levels downstream in the delta (or something along those lines). At that point in time, fishing was greatly impacted and, as i was told, restricted. The officers in charge of the lake were fond of saying that it was a "government asset", or some such crap, and that what the boaters and anglers wanted was not at all important.

That whole "greater good" thing really depends on who gets to make the call. At one point in time the whims and mismanagement of the federal government was not important in comparison to outside threats to the country's safety. I think nowadays, some people are starting to realize that many of those "outside threats" were caused by the poor strategies and beyond criminal alliances of those same people making the call about "the greater good". Were the vietcong the product of those leftover "allies" against the japanese? Are the AlQueda goobers the result of federal support of the hardcore Islamists and tribalists who were used to keep the Soviets from gaining control over afcrapistan? Who was it that helped train those loser zetas killing all the civies down in mexico? Who was it that backed mostly third-party support for sodamn insane's war on Iran? Who was that back in the 1950's overthrowing the democratically elected government in Iran in favor of a more easily-influenced monarchy to help keep that oil flowing? Who was that back in the late 1980's selling arms to the Islamic Iranian government (the one that replaced the puppet monarchy) to fund a civil war in Nicaragua (allegedly against a drug-funded puppet dictator)? Oh yeah, that was the federal government of these United States of America, mostly through SAD.

Way to go jerks, just piss away some more of that theoretical American "moral higher ground" and respectability. Oh wait! Maybe you could give some guns to the loser zetas you helped train, so that they can more effectively murder their countrymen.

Hell, maybe SAD sold out Detroit to the Muslims to break the greedy UAW; i'm sure they will fess up later when it is too late to do anything about it but ally with the Canadians against a growing domestic Islamist state bent on sovereignty within the confines of {gasp} our precious union.

I think the best thing for "the greater good" would be to disolve the ridiculous mess centered in D.C. and start over with stronger limitations on what the feds can mess with. Of course, they haven't really honored the Bill of Rights, so maybe the whole concept of a federal government operating as an agent of its subjects is just fundamentally flawed.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 11-17-2011 at 04:38 AM.

Old 11-17-2011, 12:57 PM   #10

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Caution: This area is no longer a rant-free zone.

Your points do not fall on deaf ears Mr Gelatin.

Be Well.