Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Blame the Gun!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 157 Times on 110 Posts
Likes Given: 171

AND dont forget they want to ban a bushmaster BECAUSE IT WAS USED IN A RAMPAGE!

Old 08-17-2012, 08:32 PM   #12

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

The statistics don't lie. Death by firearm is way down the list. Anti gun dweebs like to target guns because it's easy, and they can play on people's sympathies after a horrific event like Colorado, or the Sikh shootings! My heart breaks for all of those victims, but maybe, just maybe if someone trained and armed had been present, the outcome may have been different???

Wrong graph. I wanted to show all ages, not the small demographic chart. Here is the intended graph.

Still the wrong one. I'll try to figure this out.

image-2240455371.jpg  

Last edited by pmriley; 08-17-2012 at 08:59 PM.

Old 08-17-2012, 09:07 PM   #13

One more try. If this isn't the right graph, I give up

image-3199035524.jpg  

Old 08-17-2012, 09:09 PM   #14

Yeah! Finally

Old 08-17-2012, 09:23 PM   #15

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

You know how some arguments are better than others to win an argument? Well, I think the line of reasoning that says "If is the shooter, not the gun; therefore we should have gun rights," is a weak argument. It is true, but the response is that a killer with a machete wouldn't be able to kill as many as quickly. And that counter is correct.

Thus, it is a bad argument.

The winning argument is that our right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, even though that may mean that some whackos will get guns and kill people. The response to that stronger argument is that there should be limits on what sort of guns Americans can own. That argument is Constitutionally weak.

Thus, I only use our 2nd Amendment right of all free citizens to "keep and bear arms" as my primary argument against any gun control freak, no matter their argument.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Last edited by CHLChris; 08-17-2012 at 10:51 PM.
vincent Likes This 
Old 08-17-2012, 10:38 PM   #16

I agree completely. Is our right, and must not be infringed on.

It's just that current events fan the flames of the anti gun folks, and it is frustrating. How many times does our constitutional right need defended? They just don't get it, and they will never stop. This is why we need to vote, and support our 2nd amendment advocates!

Old 08-18-2012, 01:42 AM   #17

Liked 46 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 240

Thank god my state is actually working on loosening gun laws. We'll see how those states do in a year when yet another shooting happens, even after their "toughening up on gun laws".

Blame the inanimate object and don't hold the criminal accountable. It's always somebody elses fault. “It wasn’t the criminals fault, it was the oil companies fault for supplying the oil to the gas company who later sold the gas to the truck driver who delivered the parts to the car company to make the car who later delivered the car to the dealership who sold the car to the guy who sold the car privately 6 years later to the guy who drove it to the theater to shoot 70 people.”

We need tighter restrictions on who sells oil, who buys it, and we need to limit the private sale "loophole" of automobiles.

Woe to those who make unjust laws and to those who issue oppressive decrees. -Isaiah 10:1

Blaming guns for death is like blaming forks for obesity
People Like This 
Old 08-18-2012, 05:22 AM   #18

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaster456 View Post
Thank god my state is actually working on loosening gun laws. We'll see how those states do in a year when yet another shooting happens, even after their "toughening up on gun laws".

Blame the inanimate object and don't hold the criminal accountable. It's always somebody elses fault. “It wasn’t the criminals fault, it was the oil companies fault for supplying the oil to the gas company who later sold the gas to the truck driver who delivered the parts to the car company to make the car who later delivered the car to the dealership who sold the car to the guy who sold the car privately 6 years later to the guy who drove it to the theater to shoot 70 people.”

We need tighter restrictions on who sells oil, who buys it, and we need to limit the private sale "loophole" of automobiles.

I APPLAUD YOU, SIR! (bow and curtsey)

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

gmaster456 Likes This 
Old 08-18-2012, 05:26 AM   #19

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

and to believe that my Sig .40 jimmied the lock on my console, opened it, opened the door to my truck, picked the two locks on my house, stole my truck keys, locked both locks on my front door back (somehow deadbolt too), climbed back in my truck and DIDN'T KILL ANYONE AFTER IT'S NIGHT OUT..................i be damned!!!

p.s. and was somehow able to put my keys back on my computer desk before i woke.

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me